* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 179410 times)

0 Members

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #110 on: 11/07/18, 01:02 »
Manda... so wonderful to hear your update! I don't know why the doctor wants to speak with you. Such a shame when doctors have patients worry; especially REs should know we are barely getting minute to minute! But focusing on the doubling and being on progesterone - that is fabulous news.

Mooface - are you only taking Depo Lupron for a little bit? I wanted to take it but thought it had to be for 3 months?

Baby, thanks for the Forky's recommendation... I am used to where I stayed in Prague (Gennet had a great location and right near the Palladium Mall) so it will be interesting to see where I find in Brno... hence also wanting a hotel that had food options for all meals, lol! Will feel so good for you to be home!

Good luck to you too Angel, sorry I can't help with recommendations as I'm planning my first trip to Brno myself. Hello Hollydolly!

Shelbo, I'm sure all will turn out well - I learned not to count on follicles, etc. because it always seems there are surprises and their predictions aren't always accurate.

Hope4life, you are an angel, thanks for all your continued help!

Nothing here to update for me, just going against my health plan and devoured a lovely cupcake (truly my only point of interest haha) and looking to my scan on Thursday.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 11/07/18, 03:47 »
    Mooface    for me I never had a bleed after the Lupron each time, first time I was concerned because I had never had a protocol that used the depot instead I had always done the daily tummy ones. So I had to re read the information and it said you may or may not bleed and each of the 3 times I've used it now I haven't so you're good.

baby1985   wow! great results! Congratulations, that is wonderful!!! From what I've been told the results take 2 to 3 weeks. That's why I was planning for October for Brno to give plenty of time in case something is wrong and I need to repeat the test for some reason. I loved the Tulip too! Ate there for lunch and dinner several times our last trip, our hotel was on the same street, the Hotel Europa. We wanted to try the Sunset restaurant, but didn't get a chance.

Kayte    you are welcome ;) When I was in Brno the first time I pretty much ate all my meals at my hotel too, lol. Then the 2nd and 3rd time our hotel only had breakfast so had to venture out. A cupcake sounds yummy! I've heard a lot of ladies mention the snackbar Adria that has really good pizza, pasta, homemade gelato, and real hotchocolate http://www.snackbar-adria.cz/cs_CZ/

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 11/07/18, 13:37 »
    Hi Ladies,

I'm sort of new here, hope I'm doing this right. :)

I plan on doing my first OE IVF at Reprofit, getting there around July 29th, 8th cycle day scan, arriving from Florida.

I'm a little concerned because I chose Reprofit over Gennet due to their response time and great communication but I'm scared because it almost seems "too simple."
    I'll start Gonal F on my 2nd cycle day, go for my first scan on my 8th day. Then start Cetrotide.

Gennet had me getting a 21 day scan, some immunological tests, some ekg and pre surgery testing and supposedly more meds than Reprofit. (They haven't gotten back to me since my consultation on 7/27, so I'm pretty annoyed about that).

So it kinda worries me that Reprofit is just kinda easy going about it all. And after reading a lot of posts I see there are a lot of problems I can run into.

Should I just chill out? Am I overthinking it? Do you ladies have any experience with this?

Also, if you're gonna be in town around the same time, let me know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 11/07/18, 14:04 »
    Hope, I'm all about the Czech snack bars... I will check that one out for sure!

Mo, if you have read this thread before you might have noticed I'm doing my first cycle with Reprofit after 2 at Gennet. I was very pleased with Gennet, but require double donor embryos and they have a long wait for them. I appreciated the tests that Gennet required and the more detailed background info they wanted - I didn't have to get everything done as I've done many OE cycles and a failed DE cycle in Ontario before heading to Gennet.

I got in touch with Reprofit and within 2 weeks they had a donor embryo for me. I filled in minimal paperwork, only had to provide my latest pap test, and began the cycle immediately. It was a little astonishing how easy it was, but I have confidence in the clinic. It has an excellent reputation. I spoke with Sue Taylor, the consultant for IVF Traveler, and when I had explained my situation with Gennet and needing to move forward, her first recommendation was to go to Reprofit.

I am heading to Brno next week and for sure, the difference in preparation and steps has been lesser. Sometimes I feel a little nervous, but I just check in here or with my coordinator, and it seems they are a well-oiled operation that knows what they are doing. As I'm not doing an own-egg cycle, less is required of me than for you, but I can honestly say I filled in forms, got my prescriptions, started the meds (yes - less meds than I've taken in Canada or with Gennet), have a day 10 scan Thursday, and all things good - fly out the next week. It's been a bit of a blur, but I suppose a blur is what I was ready for mentally and emotionally after previously, months of waiting between cycles when my body was ready.

Although I do think it's interesting they have never provided me with any costs or required a deposit... maybe it's a free cycle?? ;)

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 11/07/18, 20:19 »
    Mo1079    Hi! I'm doing double donor so I can't help you with the way Reprofit does OE cycles. I can say with my OE cycles in the US I was only on a couple meds, no immunological testing or EKG or surgery testing. I always just got a baseline scan, then day 5 scan and bloodwork, day 8 scan and bloodwork, and day 10. From what I've read on here and on the social media group page Reprofit has really good results and know what they are doing. Any clinic is going to have some people that aren't happy, but overall I've been very impressed with what people have to say and what their experiences seem to be. I won't be there till October, but I'll be rooting you on ;)

Kayte    I wanted to check it out when I went the first time, but it was really smoky inside and it was cold/rainy so we couldn't sit outside. You'll be able to sit outside since you're going in the summer. They have a patio with tables with umbrellas. FYI I haven't given a deposit either. From my understanding we just pay after the transfer. Probably with with OE or fresh DE you need to do a deposit.

Offline Alex1979

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 11/07/18, 20:40 »
    MO - this is the biggest problem and you are dead right, they are quite relaxed, they do the same generic protocols for everyone's first go then see the response then tweek it, they have never asked for new tests for me I could start treatment again 3 months after a c section, they are not great with the one to one treatment BUT they do have nearly 100,000 patients a year so they are busy and their embryologists are incredible at what tey do, so they are one of the best clinics for their success rates.

in my experience there DO overthink everything, record everything keep track of YOUR OWN treatment, and stick to your gut, I have refused drugs, treatments and DE with them as I have had them before, tried it before, and have good eggs, they will do whatever you want as long as you have a good polite reason,

but your plan seems good, how much gonal are you on?

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 11/07/18, 21:07 »
    Hey Alex1979,

It's 300iu of Gonal F per day only until Cetrotide after my 8th day scan. I emailed my coordinator and she said that's what the Dr ordered but she asked anyway, he said I could go switch to 200 iu Gonal with 75iu of menopur twice a day but I just said forget it I'll go with the original plan.

But you guys are right, they have really good reviews and success rates. I mean I'd rather it be more personalized protocols but I guess it is all trial and error anyway. So I'll have to relax and maybe take these next to weeks to start trip planning.

Did any of you make it a vacation? I was thinking day trips in between scans and somewhere else while we wait 5 days for the transfer. Any recommendations?

Offline emeds

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 12/07/18, 02:47 »
    Hi ladies, just trying to get caught up on everybodyís news :)

Hope4kate, Glad you got your ERA out of the way, Iíll keep my fingers crossed for good results.  I did hear back from my coordinator at Reporofit a day ago. My doctor is Dr. Kamil Frank. Apparently, he just had a couple of questions about where I am at with my cycle and birth control pills (plan on emailing them back tonight). She also stated that they recommend fertilization with PICSI and MACS methods.

Hi HollyDolly1, I am also hoping to go to Bruno in September for DE. I am still in the early stages of sorting everything out so Iím not sure if there is enough time to arrange everything or If I will need to go a bit later in the year. We will see.

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 12/07/18, 06:51 »
    Emeds. Can I ask why they have recommended picsi and macs? Iím wondering if I need to be asking for this having seen a few ladies have it.

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 12/07/18, 08:00 »
    Hi Emeds,

I have the same Dr! Dr Kamil Frank, it's kind of a relief to see someone else post his name. Can I ask you your experience with him? Have you had him before as a doctor? Do you like him? Did he start you off on a protocol that you questioned? (I did , oops, lol, low amh and only Gonal F)