* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 162793 times)

0 Members

Offline baby1985

• Un-Ranked
modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #120 on: 12/07/18, 08:22 »
Hi Mo1079,
I've just had Dr Kamil Frank. The only time I saw him was on transfer day and he did the transfer. He was good with explaining things to us and the actual transfer was really comfortable and he made me feel really relaxed.

Hope that helps some.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Shelbo76

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 12/07/18, 13:10 »
    Hi ladies,

I had EC this morning and 2 eggs were collected which Iím happy with as my scan on Monday it was looking like only 1 out of 4 follicles were large enough for collection. I was also offered a free add-on but not time-lapse/embryoscope that you mentioned baby1985 it was some microscope thing to aid maturity and fertilisation so I signed up...not sure youíre supposed sign anything after GA hence why I canít remember exactly what it was.

Emeds/Mo - I did my Skype consultation with Dr Frank and he seemed really nice and happy to answer questions, however I havenít seen him yet. I had Dr Strakova do my day 10 scan and pre-op consults and Dr Hana did my EC, both of whom seemed really nice too although English not as good as Dr Frank.

I was expecting to get prescribed utrogestran post EC but got prescribed crinone instead just one per day, hopefully these are less messy

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 12/07/18, 14:10 »
    Sorry jumping on here briefly - amazing news Shelbo!!! I also had Dr Hana for EC the other day and she also prescribed me Crinone 8%. I tried to google this and to me it seems it is not as strong as the utrogestan I was on before (or cyclogest) but I haven't 100% found out the exact dosage. Just thought I'd tell you in case you need higher doses of progresterone. Maybe check with them. They do this microscope thing (regardless if you sign the document or not) to see if the egg is matured and looks right rather than just try and fertilise it regardless.

Offline garageflower

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 12/07/18, 17:39 »
    Hi everyone! I'm struggling to use my phone to post for some reason.

Just checking in I see lots to catch up on!

I am now 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Although the clinic at st Mary's Manchester date it differently. Have an early scan 2 weeks tomorrow.

Just found out that our other embryo has passed its PGS screening test which is a huge relief.

I also noticed Reprofit seem laid back in some ways. After my embryo transfer i emailed to ask if i should take aspirin and they said yes. But what if i hadn't asked?

All in all though I'm so impressed with them right now.

Oh and in terms of day trips, we really enjoyed Vienna. We stayed overnight. And the outdoor pools!

Good wishes to you all xxxx

Offline Alex1979

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 12/07/18, 20:12 »
    MO - im on the same, im on a flare up protocol, 375 gonal, 75 menopur and tripolin 1 pill a day then scan on days 8 and 10 then cetrotide if I need it, all my bloods and immunes are fine but I respond less with less meds, gonal produces more eggs where as menopur produces more blasts so I wanted both and as I have tried both of them before I wanted to just make sure as for day trips we always go out within the 5dt window, been to Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, the zoo, river on boat trips, Austria town, its so cheap the bus station in the town centre do trips for £6 - £12 return, free tea and coffee and movies on the buss, either get the tickets on goeurope or at the station, the more you walk the better the blood flow and the better the implantation success so go for it!

also for anyone just reading, I would always recommend PICSI and MACS, one selects the most mature sperm and the other the best DNA, its a few hundred euros extra but one of the only added extras I have paid for (paid extra in uk for EC, AH, Endo scratch, glue, bloods and immunes all for a cool £7000 that wasn't needed!!!) that actually has scientific reasoning, medical proof and works! as soon as we did it we got our BFP, but my DH,s swimmers are quite disabled so surprised it did the trick!  ;D

Offline Alex1979

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 12/07/18, 20:13 »
    oh and congrats shelbo and gaageflower xx

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 12/07/18, 20:38 »
    Great news Shelbo and garageflower.
    Iím day 2 of oestrogen and period has def starts so thatís ok too. Had my donor details. Feels weird.

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 12/07/18, 21:10 »
    Mo1079     Every time I've gone to the CR so far I've made a vacation out of it. I figure it's so upsetting to have to go to these lengths to have a family I might as well enjoy part of it. Brno is nice, has a few things to do. A day trip from there would be the Punkva caves I think they're called. There's a few castles that you could drive to from Brno too. We loved Prague and Vienna. Vienna is more expensive and I liked the idea of experiencing more of the Czech culture if that is where our baby hopefully comes from.

emeds   that's good that things are moving along. I would do both of those if I were you.

Shelbo   congratulations on your eggs. I am trying the Crinone for my ERA right now and it's the first time I've used it. I like it much more and the studies show that the body absorbs it better and the endometrium is more receptive than with the pessaries which aren't actually designed for vaginal use like the Crinone is.

Katkat    the dose that you take with Crinone vs PIO vs pessaries is all different because the body absorbs/uses it different. The standard for Crinone I believe is the 8% which has 90 mg of progesterone in it, which is equivalent to the 50 mg of PIO I believe. Usually with the utrogestan they do 800 mg, but the body doesn't absorb it as efficiently.

garageflower    congratulations!

Mooface    it does feel weird, I imagine that feeling passes

Offline Janabanana13

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 12/07/18, 21:32 »
    Hopefulkayte sorry I'm late and have been MIA but regarding the antibiotic I had the same question and was really worried about getting an infection after egg collection. But they said they don't prescribe antibiotics.

Baby1985 I just used my sharps container while there and brought it back home with me. Congratulations on your successful transfer!!

Alex thats awesome! Love all the bananas dancing  ;D

AngelJ I hope your cycle goes well for you!! We really liked Pivnice u Kocoura. Cafe tripoli and Potefena Husa have nice outdoor seating and great food. Not sure where your hotel is though. Poe poes pizza was very good too for a quick take out dinner.

Mo1079 I am also from the US! (Michigan) Yes Reprofit is very responsive. My coordinator Eva would always get back to me in a day. I literally asked her a thousand questions, because like you I thought it was too simple so wanted to double check everything. One recommendation if possible would be to get a scan done sooner than day 8 (like day 6) so that you at least know things are progressing. Definitely ask a lot of questions both here and your coordinator. And yes you don't pay for anything until after the (hopeful) embryo transfer. I had done an OE cycle here in the US, and I was thinking it would be really hard going to Reprofit without having that experience. Reprofit doesn't walk you through anything-as far as giving yourself the injections and timing etc. You definitely need to be your own advocate with them and research everything. If you already had immunologic testing and have the results, just send them to Reprofit and they may prescribe you something then.  We were originally planning on doing more traveling while there, but after the long flight from the US and bus ride from Prague to Brno we decided to just relax in Brno. I know a lot of people do travel to Vienna or Prague though. PICSI and MACS are used if the semen analysis is bad/poor morphology.

Shelbo LOL  ;D I said the same thing-that they told us something but I don't remember as I had just woken up from anesthesia.  ^idiot^ So happy to hear your egg collection went well! Now praying for some good embryos!  ^pray^ I wonder how they decide what progesterone and what dose? I have heard everyone at Reprofit being on the Utrogestan.

garageflower! congratulations! Such great news!! Me and Mands are right behind you at 5 weeks2days.  ^pray^ that our babies continue to grow!!  ^hugme^  So stressful waiting for hcg results!!  ^reiki^

mooface good luck!!

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 12/07/18, 22:26 »
    Congrats ladies! ❤️

And thanks for the recommendations. We just booked Orlando to London, Paris to Orlando. We're staying an extra week to travel.

Alex1979- see? Your amount of meds sound right to me, lol, just 300 Gonal f for me scares me, but I have to remind myself it's my first ivf so it's trial and error and hopefully DR Frank will change it if necessary (I have to keep repeating that to myself).

Janabanana, what are the immunologic tests? I didn't have any recommended by Reprofit. Gennet said they would recommend some (but I have yet to receive the protocol they keep promising me).
    So I'm curious if I should get some done...just not sure which ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk