* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 162790 times)

0 Members

Offline emeds

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #140 on: 14/07/18, 00:43 »
Mooface, I am actually not sure why they recommended PICSI and MACS because my husband doesnít have any issues with his sperm. However, when I looked up these tests, I was wondering why these were not offered to us in the US, they seem great. I guess at this point I feel like it canít harm if these additional tests help get mature sperm with good DNA :)

Mo1079, I am afraid I am so early in the process that I really havenít had any experience with him yet. He has only asked a couple of questions about my cycle and birth control pills through my coordinator but it seems a few people have worked with him on here and have had pretty good experiences. 

Shelbo76, Congrats on the EC and thanks for the good feedback on Dr. Frank!! :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 14/07/18, 03:03 »
    Can anyone recommend a nice apt or Airbnb in BRNO? Or tell me a good neighborhood to look for one close to the tram. I'm looking near Reprofit and there are slim pickins. I was thinking of just renting a hotel room for the first 3 days while we figure out what we're doing but if I can find a reasonable apartment, I'd be open to that.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 14/07/18, 03:38 »
    Mo, I say "Burno" or "Berno" - but actually I'm not sure either, lol!

Sorry that I cannot recommend places in Brno as I am going for the first time for 48 hours on my own, so picked handy hotels. I think you might call progesterone, utregstran or orgulestran or something? Lol - sorry for the brutal spellings! Here I have done blood testing for things like Factor V Leiden, MTFR, recurrent miscarriage panel, etc., but not the more 'controversial' things like NK cells, and whatever the rest of the thorough immune testing covers... which was not answered in my email to the clinic.

Emeds, I agree about the options for sperm selection being far more sophisticated and varied there! I had never heard of IMSI or PICSI in any of my many years of reading North American boards, or in the literature of Toronto's biggest clinic. We ended up using IMSI for our DE cycle in Prague after my husband's sample was deemed abnormal morphology-wise. Knowing they selected the sperm in a more advanced way was such a relief.

Ladies, as I'm flying by myself, do I need to receive the consent forms in advance and have my husband's signature notarized? Notarization is no longer a common practice in Canada as I learned last time - it was down to the wire with Gennet when they told me 2 days before leaving prior to a holiday weekend, that I needed witness to his signatures. (only done in law practices here.) When you go to Reprofit to transfer embryos alone, is it the same regarding the consent forms? Hopefully I will have enough time if so to arrange this on Monday when I hear back from Tina but thought I'd ask here first.

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 14/07/18, 04:29 »
    Mo    I donít know about apartments or Airbnbís, Iíve only stayed at hotels. Iíve stayed at the Hotel Europa and the Grandeeza and would recommend either for a hotel. The Europa is less expensive if on a budget.

Kayte   Iím not 100% for sure, but both of the other clinics Iíve been to in the Czech required me to get my DHs signature notarized on the consent, scan it and email it back to them to show that it was done, and bring the original with. I think itís probably safe to assume they require the same.

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 14/07/18, 05:00 »
    Thanks Hope4life! I'll definitely check those out.

Hopeful Kayte, which handy hotels did you book? I have my eye on a few that seem close to the clinic.

I'm wondering where's the good area to stay that's near places to eat and near the tram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 14/07/18, 15:47 »
    Is anyone else using BCP so that they can book in advance? xx

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 14/07/18, 16:20 »
    Birth Control Pills? I had to google bcp .

Dr Frank didn't prescribed them to me, I asked if I needed it, they said no, I think it's because my period is pretty regular.

I have had other places prescribe it here in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline emeds

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 14/07/18, 17:15 »
    HollyDolly1, I am not sure yet if I will be using BCPs for my DE cycle, but for all three IVF cycles using my own eggs I was on BCPs for about three weeks prior  :)

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 14/07/18, 17:22 »
    Thanks emeds and Mo.  I am just trying to work out when to start taking it.  Is there a particular point in your cycle you are supposed to start and then just stop taking it 3 to 5 days before you want your period to start?  I am hoping to book time of work in the beginning of September but just can't work out the pill side of it xx

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 14/07/18, 17:32 »
    I was told to stop taking the pill 6th July. Transfer is hopefully the 30th not sure if that helps? This is for donor egg.