* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 179402 times)

0 Members

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #150 on: 14/07/18, 20:25 »
Thanks Mooface.  I think I am going to write it all down what I think and then just get them to double check it.  I think, but I am not sure, that your period comes 3 to 5 days after you stop taking the last one so should be able to work flights out from there xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 14/07/18, 20:46 »
    Mo   The tram rails are all over the town, pretty much the main transportation people use in town. When I stayed at the Grandeeza it was right in the main square and walking distance to all kinds of food, the mall, and Tesco. It has a restaurant in the hotel that is delicious and serves lunch and dinner and you get a discount for being a hotel guest. They also serve a free huge buffet for breakfast. I actually just walked everywhere and took a taxi to my clinic on transfer day for $5 each way. The Europa is more away from the main part of town and doesnít have a restaurant in it. It does have a nice big breakfast and the adjacent hotel has a Thai food restaurant that we went to a couple times and itís about a 3 min walk from the Tulip restaurant which we ate at several times and was very good. Those are the only ones Iíve stayed at. The Grand is across the street from the main train and bus station. The Vorenz (I think is how itís spelled) is close to Reprofit as well as the Fairhotel (which has a restaurant in it)

Hollydolly    I was thinking of skipping it this time, not sure. Iíve used them before to time, but itís not exact. The clinic I was going to told me Iíd start my period 4 days after I stopped and I started the next day. Really it varies, I usually start 1 to 2 days after I stop, but some people itís 3 or 4 or even up to 7. So you still need a cushion when planning the travel. Some doctors have told me start them the first day of my period and others have said day 2 or 3. I would ask what they prefer here.

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 14/07/18, 21:29 »
    Awesome! Thanks Hope4life, I'll check them out!

Another question for you all. Did you buy a local SIM card to be able to use your phone in Brno. I'm sure wifi is everywhere but I'd love to rely on Google maps and the internet to get me around, as well as be able to contact Reprofit as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 14/07/18, 23:29 »
    Hey Mo, thanks to help from the lovely ladies here, I decided to stay at the Grand as the train and bus station is right across the road. I won't have any time to sightsee, etc. - just sleep and try to get reoriented for the next day. After the transfer I'm taking the bus back to Vienna and flying back the next morning, so that night I'm staying at an hotel across from the airport.

I agree with Hope4life about the bcpÖ my period usually came very quickly after the pill, but this time it was 3 or 4 days later than expected. Just this one time of course!

Obviously I could google this - but do you prefer to use CZK for currency? (What we've used in the past.) I'm assuming Austria uses Euros?

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 15/07/18, 00:34 »
    Mo    It depends on your phone and your service provider. Some are locked meaning you canít change the SIM card and have it work internationally. Some have a special rate/plan for when you travel. Iím with google projectfi and it just uses my regular data plan so I donít do anything different when I go which is nice because I use the google maps and google translate apps a lot. Also if your carrier is expensive or it wonít work thereís local service providers that you can get a prepaid phone or rent a mobile hotspot. There is a lot of WiFi, but you want to be careful and make sure itís a WiFi that you recognize, meaning your hotel or if your at a cafe otherwise hackers set up WiFiís to steal info/hack your device.

Kayte     You could use your card at hotel/airport, if you need/want to use cash, then yes, Austria uses euros

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 15/07/18, 02:44 »
    Oooooh that's right, thanks Hope4life, I forgot about them being locked! I have an old iPhone 4 from when I lived in Spain, maybe that'll work . Or I might try to unlock a newer old phone, lol.

Question for you guys in the UK. London is our first stop for (1-2 days) on our way to Brno. Can anyone recommend a hotel? Or a good neighborhood to stay in that's close transportation? Or fave places to eat?

I almost fell down the rabbit hole of researching adenomyosis today because apparently that's what I have but the doctors don't seem too concerned with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is anybody here dealing with adenomyosis too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 15/07/18, 08:45 »
    Thanks Hope4life and HopefulKayte.  Thats really helpful and has more or less convinced me I will actually be more accurate predicting my own period.  I'm normally pretty regular apart from the odd day.  I am planning on going out at the start of Sept so I have actually only got one more period before the one that counts.

Some really useful information regarding the Trams etc - thanks everyone.  I have read every post on here but its so much to take in :-) xx

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 15/07/18, 14:49 »
    Maybe it's silly to ask this a week before my transfer, but do you take anything specifically for implantation or general health right before a transfer?

Right now I'm just taking a prenatal vitamin and folic acid in addition to the cycle meds. Should I be adding in any other vitamins?

I know I should probably have been taking things for awhile; I guess I figure since I'm not doing OE cycles I am more worried about implantation now than egg health of course.

Offline emeds

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 15/07/18, 19:17 »
    HollyDolly1, Usually if not doing IVF you would start the pill on the first Sunday after your period starts; however, this rule seems to go out of the window when doing IVF. My RE waited for my period to start then on day three I started the birth control pills for three weeks. Then I stopped about three or fours days before starting the stim meds, obviously, this caused me to have a period during the first few days of stimming but they told me this was normal. I hope this helps.

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 15/07/18, 19:26 »
    Mo    I donít really know much about adenomyosis. How do you kno you have it? Did your doctor do an MRI? Itís so easy to fall down a rabbit hole with all of this, lol.

HollyDolly   If your cycle is pretty regular I would skip the bcp. I have PCOS and itís pretty well managed normally, but when under stress it can make my period disappear, lol. So thatís why Iíve done the bcp before, but if I could avoid them I would.

Kayte    Most of what I take is for my PCOS or other specific for my bodies needs. I take a prenatal that has active folate and a high dose active folate with active b12 because I have an MTHFR mutation. Iím taking high doses of vitamin d3 because my d level was low even taking 4,000 IU. I take Turmeric capsules, revesterol, magnesium, inositol, and Metformin for my PCOS. Iron because mine is always low. And my acupuncturist had me start taking vitamin e and c after my last cp. So I take 400 IU of e and 1000 mg of vitamin C.