* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 168860 times)

0 Members

Offline Mooface

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #210 on: 24/07/18, 21:23 »
Sunday hope.

Just terrified Iíll get there and they will say thereís noting tontransfer. Iím good at worst case scenarios.

Kayte - hope you are ok xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 24/07/18, 21:27 »
    Wow, Sunday will be here before you know it! I highly doubt there's nothing to transfer with donor unless your DH has really poor sperm. Even then I think you'll have something.

Offline Alex1979

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 25/07/18, 20:42 »
    this is all normal girls, just thinking of the worst scenario, we always prepare for the worst but theres always hope  ^pray^

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 25/07/18, 20:50 »
    So our donor got us 10 eggs. Fingers crossed for mostly mature and good fertilisation. Anxiety central.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 26/07/18, 15:17 »
    Hello everyone, sorry for no personals... it has been quite the week and I will be sure to catch up later.

I've been very depressed and trying to process the trip. The good news is Reprofit was lovely, and I transferred a double donor PGS-tested hatching blastocyst into a good lining - my best chance ever after lots of bad luck and upsetting experiences. I had such a great feeling, almost like I was on a cloud. Even the transfer was such a gentle and positive experience.

But those wonderful moments were sandwiched in between total travel hell and chaos. Missed trains, cancelled flights, hours stranded, not being able to sleep, very bumpy and sickly bus ride, managing my luggage through hours of wait lines at the airport, and in strange places by myself, to the point I felt near physical collapse and needed to request medical assistance as I sat on the ground able to go no further and with nothing to give. If you want to read all the details, I posted them in the Gennet thread (where I did my previous 2 cycles.)

At the end of the day I was just grateful I managed to get back home at all. It was so lonely, weary, and challenging and I couldn't get that great feeling back. I'm so worried that all the upheaval, stress and movement destroyed my chances for this beautiful embryo I journed so far for. And I feel responsible and stupid.

Today is 5dp5dt and I tested. I never wait the 2 weeks - I need to know and begin processing. There was nothing there.

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 26/07/18, 16:10 »
    Oh kayte Iím sorry youíve had such a tough time. I donít think you can count yourself out at 5dp5dt though - surely thatís too early. I also donít believe stress causes things to work or not work - o think itís yet another thing for us to beat ourselves up and blame ourselves in in the bad infertility road. So please try and be kinder to yourself.

And a mixed day. Amazingly all 10 of our donors eggs have fertilised. Iím in shock.  So I guess that answers that the issues is def with me rather than husband.  Then I had a car crash today - no damage to the humans but car a right mess so thatís been super stressful and meant we are stranded at home. Good job Iíve not yet booked parking for Sunday as it would have now been the wrong reg number. So instead Iíve cleaned out the unused hot tub and filling it as a paddling pool for our daughter.

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 27/07/18, 02:34 »
    Alex     I'm that way too, usually bracing myself for the worst, but trying to be positive and not give up hope

Mooface   That's great news about your donor and the eggs. So sorry about the car accident! Hopefully everyone is okay and no pain.

Kayte   So happy to hear from you! That is great news that you had such a good transfer and good experience at the clinic. I am so sorry the rest was such a disaster. I agree with the others. I think the most important things that will affect if a cycle works is the uterus and the embryo quality. It's not ideal to have the kind of time you did, but I don't think it will impact it. I also think day 5 is way to soon for a bfp, at least for me it would be. The soonest I've ever had a bfp is day 7. Even with my daughter's pregnancy where both blasts implanted, I did a hpt in the morning on 7dp5dt and it was neg, went to bed and cried and a couple hours later it was a bfp. I know there are some that get a bfp that early, but I think that's the minority not the majority.

afm   flights booked for October!

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 27/07/18, 02:39 »
    Thanks Mooface and Hope :) It's so good to have some humans to talk to about this all, beyond poor ever-patient DH of course. This is a lonely and quite mind-blowing endeavor at times!

Mooface - amazing news about 100% fertilization.... unbelievable! Starting with such a result is just beyond perfect! So sorry to hear about the car accident... how scary! Did you get checked out just in case??

Hope, such a great feeling to book flights :) Congrats!

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 27/07/18, 03:50 »
    Kayte    I agree, it is so nice to talk to someone that understands! DH tries, but his eyes kind of glaze over, lol. You would think after 10 years of IVF stuff he would have learned, but I guess it's different for them, or him anyways. I think it's completely min-blowing and lonely at all times! Thank you, I am so shocked at the deal I got too. $760 for flights and 2 nights hotel at the Vienna airport. Still have to pay for hotel in Brno, but that's the best deal I've gotten on any of the trips so far. And I only have one stop, in Chicago like you. I wasn't sure about the 5 hours stop there on the way home, but after the way you described it I'm glad it is that long so I don't have to worry about missing my connecting flight.

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #219 on: 27/07/18, 08:18 »
    Kayte - no i havenít been checked as absolutely no pain at all. Was thankfully very low speed when it happened and in fact our car was stationary. Shows how cars are designed to crumple these days!
    I canít quite believe the result either. Will have to see what happens because we had one own egg cycle that stayed like this and still by day 5 there were only 2 poor quality blasts. Next update tomorrow.
    In some ways Iím also sad that we were right that the issue is me not my husband. It does make me feel so very broken.

Hope - I think you are in the social media group too?