* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 170111 times)

0 Members

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #250 on: 2/08/18, 20:13 »
Mooface, I don't understand either. I would have thought the most the most expanded one would be transferred first. Unless they would prefer to transfer one that might not de-thaw as well - it would have a better chance in uterus? I made that up, I don't even know if that would be true, I'm just trying to think of a reason. Either way, they should have discussed that with you so you'd understand. Who told you it was expanded and how did you find out it wasn't?

Mo, beer festival sounds fun, although not sure if you're drinking? Still a fun vibe and event to experience. Can you check your backpack with a bellhop at the hotel?

In terms of seeing doctors, I have gone to 4 clinics in Ontario and 2 overseas, and I think only 1, maybe 2 times in one of many, many cycles did the doctor who I'd met before/done my protocol, etc. even do the transfer or egg retrieval. One time was at a practice where there was only one doctor, ol. I think that is pretty standard.

Hope, I'm so sorry about getting two blasts from a double donor cycle. This is definitely the best standard for getting ideal quality and number of blasts, and it seems so unfair and shocking when you pay for that and it doesn't occur. I try to explain this to the girls on the Canadian board I'm a part of. Only a few go overseas. Most first of all can't wrap their brain around donors doing cycles for a patient - embryo donation at home means that infertility patients give their leftover, unsused frozen embies to other infertility patients. They keep telling me that maybe the blasts I'm transferring are the worst ones. I'm like, no! They're the best ones or the only ones, lol! They do not come from infertility patients. They did recommended doing a fresh double donor cycle but it doesn't seem worth it in CR. If they only guarantee you getting 2 blasts anyway, which they can guarantee for an embryo match, you save over 50% of the cost of the cycle. I have just fallen on the wrong side of the luck and statistics too many times and now we are just trying to consider minimal cost with definite confirmed blasts, if that makes sense.

AFM, well guess what? Today is day 1! For sure! I emailed my coordinator at Gennet right away to tell her and get a protocol! My gosh, what my brain and self have been through and where we have gone within 2 weeks is really mind-boggling but it is what it is, and I have 3 weeks left of holidays, so I guess... game on. Luckily I have leftover meds for the beginning of the cycle on hand. What a blur! What a life! lol - dare I start to hope again.

Hope it's okay to continue writing here through this cycle but I truly appreciate the connections made and the advice and support we can offer one another.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #251 on: 2/08/18, 20:47 »
    Thanks v much for your kind welcome and advice.

Kayte, thatís awesome you have got day 1 again already - I can imagine youíre feeling apprehensive given the distance and planning involved but I really think youíre amazing for giving it another go so soon. It makes a lot of sense to keep up momentum and go while youíre still on vacation. This whole process takes over our lives emotionally and physically and I donít know if you are the same but find I feel a bit lost and frustrated when Iím not actively in a cycle. Itís almost like I donít know what to do and space between cycles feels wasted as Iím wishing time away! I really hope this cycle is the one for you, youíve got this!!

Mo - sorry to hear about your experience at the u/s but glad you gave feedback, though not sure if the response was a little dismissive?! That definitely shouldnít be considered normal though and I hope the Dr thinks twice before acting like that in future. This journey is hard enough and a little compassion wouldnít go amiss  :-\

Mooface - that seems v strange to keep the better ones for the freezer but I think Kayteís logic might be right? I guess they figure youíve got more chances this way? It does make sense in that respect but Iíve not experienced that before. How are you feeling? Congrats on being pupo and enjoy the rest of your trip!

I received my protocol which seems sane as Gennet apart from no prednisolone and transfer day 20 instead of 18 and it completely disregards my concerns about potential dominant follicle/ early ovulation! So no follicle tracking or lupron sucgested after all. Iíve been told I can get an early ultrasound before the lining scan (if I want to) just to check, but as you say Hope4life itís rare to happen with meds anyway so hope itís ok.

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #252 on: 2/08/18, 21:36 »
    I had an email from the coordinator from my doctor saying

ďI would like to explain to you why your blastocyst was selected for embryo transfer and other embryos were frozen. According to the embryologist, this blastocyst was the nicest, most regular, and simply the most appropriate to transfer. And the other embryos were frozen. I fully accept the opinion of our embryologists and I trust them.Ē

So I guess I have to trust them too. They have dog results for a reason. I just hate the waiting.

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #253 on: 2/08/18, 23:37 »
    Janabanana    how are things with you?

Mo1079     lol, no! I'm just really bad with directions so I use Google Maps all the time, even in my hometown, lol. I switch it to the real life view so you can see what it would look like if you were actually there and that helps, esp when things are in a different language. The Czech do beer well!! And they have a lot of different festivals. I loved Prague. I would think you'd be fine with your backpack, it's after transfer that you have to worry about lifting. Did you end up switching hotels?

Mooface     As long as it's a blast by day 5 that's the number one thing. I think there's minimal difference as far as a blast or expanding blast, meaning it doesn't take much time to get from one point to the next. The more important part is the overall quality, if the embryologist thought this one was the best looking even though it wasn't expanding yet I would trust that it's the best one. Their embryologists seem to be really skilled.

Kayte      Our first double donor cycle we did frozen embryos and when that didn't work and we switched clinics we thought doing a fresh cycle would not only give us a better chance of success, but also we'd have at least a few to freeze. It's 4,500 euro for a fresh (non tested embryos) and doing a single PGS tested embryo is 1,800 euros. So I payed more for my crap fresh cycle to get 2 untested embryos than I'll end up paying if I have to go to Reprofit 2 times for tested embryos. And at least I'm just paying one at a time. Are you going by yourself again? Do you know your transfer day yet? I don't know if it works out this good of a deal for you, but take a look at bundling your flight and hotel on Expedia or an airline that flys the route you're going. I booked on United Airlines website and my roundtrip flight plus hotel in Vienna for 2 nights (could have done the hotel the whole time, but I wanted to be in Brno around transfer) was $500 less than purchasing just the flight. So if I payed for the hotel and flight separate would have been twice the amount I payed together.

SunnyCM      I think it's better not to take the prednisone anyway unless you know you have an immune issue. And even then the dose should be based on what your issue is. So that's good that it's not on your protocol. Do you have a date yet?

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #254 on: 3/08/18, 00:12 »
    Sunny, that's exactly how I feel. lol! I had a minimal protocol with Reprofit. I asked for feedback and apparently the doctor will get back to me. Interesting about the follicle situation response - I know it does happen rarely, I wonder based on what happened before what the doctor would say? (or was that the doctor's response, not just the coordinator based on the 'norm'.)

Hope, yes, I will be going alone again. In just over 2 weeks?! Wow. I'm barely processing anything right now but I feel best about this decision while I am still off work. Thanks for those tips - I will definitely look into that! I will also be doing the immune testing when I am there. She did recommend hysteroscopy, but the wait for that is so long, and did mention the ERA as you suggested, but she mentioned since implantation has occurred before maybe not to worry about it.

Mooface, I just remembered something interesting. The only real-life person I know to use donor eggs (or embryos, not sure) used an egg bank in the States and bought a 'batch' - sounds so cold, lol. She had a daughter on first try. Then went through the rest of the embryos in order of stage of blast. Had a chemical but otherwise no success until the very last one, which was a morula, not even a blast. That resulted in her second child! So to me, I think in those cases in the States they were going by stage of blast, but that obviously didn't match the quality of the embryo, which it sounds they have considered for you. :)

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 3/08/18, 00:31 »
    Kayte    wow, soooo soon!!!! That's good since you have the time off now might as well take advantage of it. With the ERA my RE told me that a CP (any positive hcg blood test that you mc before seeing the hb on us) is sometimes thought as ineffective implantation, that maybe implantation occurred on the cusp of your implantation window rather than during your true window. That's why she had recommended it to me. I had 2 times where my beta was 50 at 9dp5dt and it went up with second beta, but then started to drop at the third. I said isn't that implantation. And that's when she told me that theory. I still wasn't sold, but I have talked to several ladies who had the same scenario, 1st kid with fresh OE cycle then failed or CP after that with FET's and did the ERA showing they had a displaced window. Which was why I thought it was worth ruling it out. I ended up being receptive so that wasn't the answer to my failures. But I'm glad I ruled it out. Oh, and FYI Gennet and Reprofit are both owned by FutureLife, they own 12 clinics in the CR as well as more in other places ;)

Offline Janabanana13

modify
    « Reply #256 on: 3/08/18, 19:14 »
    hope4life Ive been doing pretty good, other than not feeling the best. But I can't complain as I am 8 weeks now. I had an ultrasound and was even able to see the heartbeat already. I am still just so anxious as I have immune issues, so I am so nervous about having a mc. I know it sounds so cliche but it really does only take 1 embryo I guess. I am always thinking of all you ladies on here.  ^hugme^  ^pray^

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #257 on: 3/08/18, 20:03 »
    Janabanana    that's great! 1 day at a time! That fear didn't go away for me till I was probably 20 weeks, lol. It really does only take one, as long as it's a good one. What immune issues do you have? Whose managing them for you?

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #258 on: 3/08/18, 21:57 »
    Hi ladies, I've been trying to get my journey sorted since last October, we're hoping to go out in September but i'm really having second thoughts and considering embryoclinic in Greece. I've managed to get my BMI down from 44 to 36, I'm tired. I resubmitted my medical form and history, because I have children ( I was very young) and have had multiple pregnancies they would now like a letter from my GP saying I'm able to sustain a pregnancy due to my history and obesity, and they would also like a mammogram due to my age (41) and a smear within the last 2 years. Seriously, I feel like they're just trying to push me away. My bloods are fine, AMH is now down to 10.7 (from 17 when I tried to start this 2 years ago) FH4.4  LH2.3 TSH 1.77 etc are all really good for my age. The issue really does seem to be my weight from what I can make out. I've been told I'm a risk patient and the chance of quality eggs is very small. This is all starting to get so bloody frustrating. My clinic here works with the clinic in Greece and I get the feeling that'll be a lovely 'walk in walk out' process.

I suppose what I'm asking is were any of you asked for mammogram reports too?

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #259 on: 3/08/18, 22:06 »
    Blodyn76   Yes I was asked for mammogram and smear. I live in the states and here it is standard to get a mammogram every year starting at 40 so it was no problem for me. Also I would get it just for my own peace of mind because the medications increase your risk for breaks cancer. So youíre having a tough time. Infertility itself is draining. I like that they are thorough.