* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 171620 times)

0 Members

Offline Mo1079

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #260 on: 4/08/18, 00:01 »
Hey everybody,

Just a quick update, I had a different doctor today, Dr Michael something. He was very nice and actually introduced himself, lol. He said we'd do the transfer on Sunday, I had about 8 follicles, he's expecting 5-6 eggs. I considered requesting that Kneslova not be my doctor on Sunday but if she's the one working then I'll probably be S.O. L.

The girl who went over everything after the appointment was really nice. It was hard to understand her English but just the fact that she was nice made me feel better, lol, it's the little things.

What makes me kinda nervous is that all the talk I see on the forum and other sites about blastocysts and lining and 4dp5dt stuff, I have no idea what that is nor how to gauge any of it and with the language barrier I'm concerned I might not get that information.

In terms of staying in Brno, we stayed at Efi hotel for the first 3 days. We ended up liking it, I think the receptionist was just having a bad day when we checked in. 🤷🏻‍♀️Who knows maybe we were the ones having the bad day? LOL Plus once we started waking around and getting to know the city, we felt better. They're very helpful at Efi too.

We are in Bratislava tonight (which I'm loving )till tomorrow then we'll probably find an air bnb closer to the city center since we'll be taking it easy for the couple days after the transfer.

I'm relieved that I took my last shot tonight, my stomach is beat up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Janabanana13

modify
    « Reply #261 on: 4/08/18, 00:58 »
    hope4life I have lupus and hashimotos as well as some clotting factors and right now I have low Tregs which my doctor thinks may be an issue so Ive been doing Lovenox shots and IVIG but thats getting expensive. I am in the US so I decided to go through the Allen Beer Center.

Mo I know the language barrier is tricky. I just tried to trust them and hopefully they know what they are doing  ;D

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #262 on: 4/08/18, 01:05 »
    Mo1079    Love this update! Dr. Michael is my doctor, although I haven't been there or met him yet, lol. It makes a big difference when people are nice, especially when going through something like this. As long as it's a blastocyst on day 5 that's what's important. With lining, as long as it's above 7 or 8 (depending on clinic) and triple striped or trilaminar. So ask them the number and if it's triple stripped if they don't tell you. When someone posts something like 4dp5dt that just means it is 4 days after they had an embryo transfer on day 5/blastocyst transfer. So 4dp3dt would mean that it's 4 days after transferring a day 3 embryo. 7dp5dt is 7 days after a blastocyst transfer, etc. There is a lot of lingo to all this, but just ask ;). I'm glad the eFi hotel ended up working out for you!

Janabanana    Wow, that's a lot to deal with. It's good that at least you know what your issues are and they can be treated. I'm in the US too. I've heard that Dr. Kwak Kim is really good about getting coverage for your immue treatments. Did you pick up any Clexane in the CR? I looked at my insurance coverage for Lovenox and ended up ordering it from Reprofit's pharmacy and having shipped because even with ins it's cheaper from them.

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #263 on: 4/08/18, 10:46 »
    Janabanana, yup, that's what I'm telling myself, to just relax, they know what they're doing, even if I don't understand it 🤞🏼

Thanks Hope4life!! I've seen those acronyms everywhere but I've just been so overwhelmed by all the initial planning and travel, the shots, etc...that I thought they'll probably fill me in on all of that jargon during the treatment...However after that initial consultation I was like "weelll, guess I'm in my own here" LOL. Thanks for the breakdown.

Lil anecdote---we traveled to Bratislava for the weekend, we're headed back to Brno tonight for the transfer tomorrow, tried to book a hotel...all sold out or super expensive, there's some motorcycle race circuit thing going on...over 200,000 people in town 🤦🏻‍♀️If anyone needs me I'll be melting in a hostel for the next 2 nights!

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #264 on: 5/08/18, 01:39 »
    Mo1079   Itís like a whole different language learning all of the terms! Thatís too bad about accomedation, I donít do well with heat. Hope itís not too bad for you. Canít wait till your update on your transfer.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #265 on: 5/08/18, 02:41 »
    Welcome Blodyn.

Jana congrats on 8 weeks! :) Can I ask how your hasimotos and lupus were diagnosed?

Mo, sorry about sweltering... its awful to be in strange sleeping circumstances and boiling. I hope you got through okay. I'm reading a lot about Bratislava here - I hadn't heard about it before. What are you doing /enjoying there?

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #266 on: 5/08/18, 06:26 »
    Thankfully we were able to find something reasonable a little closer to Reprofit, so it worked out well...and has a/c!

We loved Bratislava, it was totally a hidden gem for us! We found a great place to stay too. Lmk if you need any recommendations. We mostly stayed near the city center but we also took a short taxi ride to a revolving restaurant 633 meters high with beautiful views of the city...

...and guess what...on our way back to Brno Bratislava, at the Brno train station last night my boyfriend proposed! So I'm engaged!! Yay!! ❤️❤️

I'm headed to Reprofit now, I'll keep you all posted on the retrieval 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Offline Alex1979

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #267 on: 5/08/18, 07:35 »
    ah wow mo - that's amazing, a DH and  BRNO BABY!!!! so happy for you, good luck for EC and yes keep us all posted xx

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #268 on: 5/08/18, 08:15 »
    Congratulations Mo!

We fly to South Africa tonight and I could hack not knowing anymore. Was my dadís party yesterday and realised as I was hugging people fgoodby that my boobs did hurt. So Iíve tested this am with a frer and got a really clear second line at 6dp5dt. Incredibly early days and with my history of miscarriage Iím more terriers than excited but Iím just grateful to still have a chance. May yet be a chemical I guess.

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #269 on: 5/08/18, 10:58 »
    Thanks guys!! ❤️❤️

So, we just did the retrieval. We had Dr Kamil Frank which was great. It was a super fast procedure.

I'm kinda disappointed and scared. He only retrieved 4 eggs and while I was in recovery he came back and told me there was 1 mature egg, 1 bad egg and 2 not fully matured eggs that they're going to watch closely today.

So I'm feeling pretty bummed, wondering if Dr Michael chose to do the retrieval too soon, wondering what I might've done...wondering what I could've done better

Transfer day is on Friday 🤞🏼🤞🏼