* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 171625 times)

0 Members

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #270 on: 5/08/18, 17:05 »
Hi Everyone.  I have been pretty quiet on here since I first introduced myself as I was still in the early planning stages and didn't feel I had much to add.  However, I have been busy reading everyone else's updates.  I have received all my medication now, apartment and everything is booked so I am literally just waiting to start at the end of the month.  So hopefully I can be a lot more active on here with something worthwhile to talk about  :)

Mo - sorry to hear that you have had a disappointment.  Fingers crossed the other two make a come back.  You have 1 that is mature and I have heard so many times on here that it only takes one.  I wish you the best of luck for Friday and congratulations on your engagement.

Mooface - I know its early days but congratulations.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #271 on: 6/08/18, 02:00 »
    Mo1079    that's great that you were able to find something with a/c! Where are you at? Congratulations on the engagement! I know it must be hard and scary, but for each of my fresh OE cycles they retrieved over 20 eggs and with over 40 eggs between the 2 cycles it resulted in just 1 child. So I'd rather have a good quality egg growing and have realistic expectations rather than thinking wow I have 20 eggs I'll have a football team. I'm not sure how that's coming across, but what it boils down to is that you can't tell anything from the beginning. It all comes down to transfer day. My first cycle with 21 eggs retrieved I didn't even make it to a day 5 transfer, I had 2 to transfer on day 3 because they were such poor quality they wouldn't make it to day 5 and that cycle was a bfn. So don't lose hope!

Mooface    wow! congratulations! I've never tested pos that early, that's great news!

HollyDolly1    so when are you planning on being there, end of August/beginning of Sept?

Offline Mo1079

modify
    « Reply #272 on: 6/08/18, 10:09 »
    Thank you all ❤️

I thinks that's my fear, when you have all those eggs, then such few get to blastocysts. If I'm starting off with a low number, I feel like I have less of a chance but hopefully it's good quality. We have to call today to check with the embryologist.

The place we found is called City Apart Hotel, it's about 62 euros with breakfast included. There's not much around, the mall is like a 10 minute walk. It was a nice place to rest after the retrieval. We'll probably go back to Efi for the transfer. Today we're headed to Prague for a couple days.

Hope everyone is well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #273 on: 6/08/18, 15:20 »
    Congratulations on your engagement Mo! Such exciting news. I also think low number of eggs isnít anything to worry about - I got 17 eggs with my 1st OEIVF (14 fertilised, 9 by day 3) and was left with only one early blast on day 5 which ended up being my son. I was devastated too at the time given the drastic drop in 5 days but shows you never know what will happen and numbers arenít always indicative of success!

Congratulations on your BFP Mooface, really great news!! Hope your trip to SA went smoothly.

Welcome Scalionator

Hope4life - I donít have a FET date yet as waiting for AF to arrive, which should be tomorrow and transfer planned for CD 20. Iím going to go for a few u/s between CD 7 and 15 to check for dominant follicles...

Kayte, hope youíre ok and feeling good about your next cycle. Are you planning to do anything differently this time?

Hi to everyone else, sorry if I missed anyone xx

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
    « Reply #274 on: 6/08/18, 17:10 »
    Hope4life - we will be there 2nd week in September.  Due to work I have had to book everything in advance so already have the flights and apartment booked.  I just started taking the BCP this weekend and I really nervous that my period arrives when they say it will or all my planning will be out.

Mo - glad you have managed to find a nice hotel.

I have been trying to get my head around all the medications and what to do with them.  You need some sort of degree to work it all out  :)  I think when you see them all arrives together you realise just how much you have to pump into your body.  It is certainly very daunting x

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #275 on: 6/08/18, 17:20 »
    Mo - enjoy Prague. Are you getting embryo updates? My final own egg cycle in uk I only had 2 embryos so they insisted they went back d2. Canít help wondering if we had left til d5 wecwould have known more about quality.

Sunny - thanks. Here safely. Shattered as small girl was restless and I didnít sleep at all. Stressed that Iím sure boobs less sore and this will be a chemical. Havenít tested today as only have 3 more frer with me so thinking Iíll do day 8/11/14dp5dt? The final of those is OTD. If the 8 and 11 are darkening thatíll be reassuring and then I have to ring my epau and get booked in with my recurrent mc consultant for 6 week scan. Still convinced itíll go wrong.

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #276 on: 6/08/18, 20:13 »
    Sorry -  I meant welcome HollyDolly!  Scalionatier is on the Gennet thread and Iíd read it just before I posted here.
    Holly - if you need any help just let us know, it can all be daunting at first but youíll find these forums are a huge support. Itís so important to not feel alone in this, as I know how isolating infertility can sometimes be among friends and family xx

Offline HollyDolly1

modify
    « Reply #277 on: 7/08/18, 08:39 »
    Hi Sunny and thanks for the welcome.  I did wonder who Scalionatier was as I couldn't see anyone of that name when I read back  ;D

Thanks for the offer of help and I think I will need it before I am done.  You are so right about it being isolating.  I haven't told anyone so I really only have my husband to talk to.  He is great and is doing everything he can to help but I don't think he really gets it all.  For me I think it is the stress of the unknown more than anything x

Offline Alex1979

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #278 on: 8/08/18, 16:02 »
    HollyDolly1 - dont worry pickle were all here for you and know exactly how you feel, the unknown is scary but it can also be exciting, just stay positive and hope! we havent told anyone this time again, every time we talk about it they tell us to stop but i just cant, i wont justify myself to anyone for wanting a family, and i shouldnt be made to feel guilty for doing so, so try not to stress, everything went wrong for me on round 7 and i got my BFP so theres always hope!

well flights hotel booked meds are here, booked 4 flights 1 set for 220 and the other set for 99!!!! just in case im early again, have booked 4 hotels too, so now just the waiting, trying my best to not think of all the what iffs, im on 5x more meds now so i should get something this time, im doing exactly what i did on round 7, and DH is back on his 39 pills a day, ice pants and tomato puree, think he,ll find it funny when i tell him he didnt need to do the ice pants, i told him to do it when he made me mad one time so now he thinks its a treatment! oopps!

just got to remember to breath, pray and remember ive done everything before and had every possible outcome so suck it up, and concentrate on this being over, once and for all over, that makes me smile so thats what ill do xx

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #279 on: 8/08/18, 19:04 »
    Mo1079    Hope youíre enjoying Prague! Have you gotten any updates?

SunnyCM    Thatís smart to get extra scans.

HollyDolly1   It can be pretty overwhelming. Iím a nurse and I would always tell my DH that I was so thankful going through that that I had my training because at least that part didnít overwhelm me and I couldnít imagine how overwhelming it must be for people that have never had to deal with injections or medication administration before. There is a lot of support on these boards though. And youíll get the hang of it pretty quick. How long will you be there for?

Mooface    Did you POAS again yet?

Alex1979   When are you planning on going? Are all three of you going? Where are you staying?