* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 177764 times)

0 Members

Offline mvilma6

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #3120 on: 11/03/20, 12:43 »
Hi Claire,  sorry to hear you still get negative tests, i keep all my finger cross tomorrow on test day for you  ^pray^

it was us the lucky ones on 2nd cycle. 1st cycle it was standard one suggested by clinic ICSI: short protocol with gonal F + cetrotide   (been taking folic acid for years on end, and when treatment started I tried pomegranate juice, brazil nuts, blueberries + full fat milk.  negative result

on 2nd protocol we discussed with doctors a change, they suggested long protocol (buserelin + gonal F) and we added, PGS (genetic testing due to my age, 38), PICSI + PAC (to improve semen selection) and glue too on the day of transfer.  Days after started injections on this 2nd cycle i found out i was low in iron and vitamin D (trough dermatologist no fertility related) so i started on iron and Vit D but i have the feeling our different was the protocol, as we managed to get 2 embryos on day 5 (only 1 on first protocol)  and we transferred the OK from PGS testing.

wish you all the best, and although it looks so dark and negative at the minute, keep fighting because it can be done (and that's coming from someone who went trough a depression in between cycles)

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Claire58

modify
    « Reply #3121 on: 11/03/20, 14:16 »
    Thank you mvilma6 thatís very kind 😊 sorry I should have mentioned this was our first FET transfer with a 5 day hatching blastocyst. We didnít do a fresh transfer as I had fallopian blockage in both tubes and decided it was best to have them removed before any transfers. I guess Reprofit will tell me too what would be best next time but itís always good to see what has worked for other ladies. Iím also wondering if we should transfer 1 or 2 next time? Iím so sorry you went through depression between your cycles! It really does takes it out of you doesnít it and I can see how someone can get so down now. But how wonderful everything came good, congratulations and well done you! 🎉😘 xx

Offline mvilma6

modify
    « Reply #3122 on: 11/03/20, 14:52 »
    Dear Claire,

our first cycle was a fresh cycle of a day 5 blasto too   :'(

the second one as we went for genetic testing it was an FET cycle.
    we also thought about transfering both embryos but one came with a Mosaic monosomy 20 so we only went for one. but i do understand the idea of lets get twins and dont have to go trough this ever again, we thought the same.

i think its only when we go trough this we realise how hard it is emotionally and physically (plus the stress of doing it abroad and having to arrange so many things)

you will be hopefully soon also with your positive!!!!  ^hugme^

Offline Claire58

modify
    « Reply #3123 on: 11/03/20, 15:35 »
    Wow Iíve not heard about a mosaic before? The idea of twins is ideal right...just so not to keep going through it, but I do worry about the risks a little. We have 3 embryos left so when we have 1 left we will do another full cycle although I hope we can get there sooner than that! PGS testing i take it that must be done before they freeze the embryos?
    Yes I totally agree with you. Iím usually a tough cookie and nothing usually phases me too much but this have really drained me I canít quite believe how much. Especially the traveling part. Just goes to prove how strong we all really are when we need to be! Thank you so much xx

Offline Claire58

modify
    « Reply #3124 on: 12/03/20, 12:02 »
    I wondered if anyone had an email address for any of the doctors at Reprofit? Our coordinator Eva is continually off work of late and Iím getting really frustrated trying to get my questions answered. Today I have emailed 2 different coordinators and [email protected] with no response. I feel like the communication was so good previously! We will certainly call the clinic after 6pm today however I find the language barrier slightly difficult sometimes on the phone xx

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #3125 on: 12/03/20, 14:16 »
    Claire58 - my co-ordinator is Eva too and she does seem to have been off a lot lately so I just email my doctor instead and she usually replies fairly quickly......

Offline Claire58

modify
    « Reply #3126 on: 12/03/20, 16:43 »
    Thanks Jippyboo! I guess Iíd just use my doctors name followed by @reprofit.cz ? Xx

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #3127 on: 12/03/20, 20:20 »
    Hi Claire,

Mine is doctors first name then dot then doctors second name @reprofit.cz  :)

We were due to go over for our FET in 12 days time but I realised this morning that I wasn't taking enough oestrogen (the dosage got lost in translation  :'() as my period arrived, however it doesn't really matter now I suppose as most international travel to the Czech Republic has been suspended for 30 days (from the Uk definitely and other countries too!)  :'(

Fingers crossed the suspension is lifted asap after the 30 days so we can get over there for the FET as I'm running out of time due to my age  :'(

Jippy
    xxxx

Offline Claire58

modify
    « Reply #3128 on: 13/03/20, 09:56 »
    Thanks Jippyboo 😊
    Oh no Iím sorry, the same happened to us with dosage. Luckily I had also spoken with another coordinator just before I was due to start taking them who told me the correct amounts. I really hope they lift the suspension too! Fingers crossed 🤞 I have just spoken with fertility2U about a prescription and they say a fertility clinic in the Czech Republic has now closed for treatments because of the virus but I then called Reprofit and itís not them thank goodness! Xx

Offline Goldfinch41

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3129 on: 13/03/20, 11:33 »
    Hi Ladies

I was a member about two years ago and after 7 attempts with ivf, finally had a successful pregnancy and our little boy was born in May 2018.

I didn't post at the time as it was such a crazy busy time but for some reason I logged on last night and happened to see Nataz60 post just before Christmas that she had finally had her miracle baby too! 

Nataz if you're still reading, do you remember we were in Brno at the same time in September 2017 and we were going to try to meet up but I couldn't log on from my phone?  You might not remember as you've had so many trips that they all get blurred and it is amazing how much I've forgotten too!  Incidentally, this was the cycle that worked!

Anyway, just wanted to say massive congratulations xxx

and to everyone trying atm, good luck, it really can happen and I hope it does for you too! ^hugme^ ^hugme^