* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 171235 times)

0 Members

Online JippyBoo

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #3140 on: 9/06/20, 18:31 »
Oh maizie2307 believe me if we could avoid travelling we would....but time is a little tighter for us seeing as I'm 48! And we can't drive as we have a toddler and it just wouldn't be fair on him...

Plus we had an ectopic at the start of this year and then our FET was cancelled mid way through because of travel restrictions so I really need to be able to plan and to get treatment underway before we truly run out of time, and in some way to help us get over the ectopic and resulting surgery.

It's going to be some considerable time before this is completely over and we can't wait that long unfortunately!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline maizie2307

modify
    « Reply #3141 on: 9/06/20, 19:57 »
    We have a one year old but we are still driving. We will just take a bit longer and have lots of overnight stops. Good luck with everything xx

Offline Happydayzz

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3142 on: 10/06/20, 18:34 »
    Hi ladies,

It's been a little while since I have been on this thread. I was at Reprofit in December 2019 and I had my first successful pregnancy test after two failed cycles previously in the UK. Unfortunately, I miscarried three months later due to chromosomal issues and I don't have any frosties in the bank so back to the drawing board for me.

Like many of you, I am desperate to start my next cycle at Reprofit and I am keeping an eye on flights and easing of restrictions etc. I am based in the UK and from what I can find online, you can only enter CR if your travel is deemed essential. I spoke with one of the doctors at Reprofit last week and he said CR could be allowing more travel from 15th of June, however he said there is a possibility of a 14 day quarantine period!

Online JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #3143 on: 11/06/20, 14:58 »
    maizie2307 Best of luck with your trip...there's no way my 2.5 year old super active child would cope with a trip that long no matter how many stops or overnights we made!

Happydayzz - So sorry to hear of your loss  :'( We had an ectopic in December 2019 also ending our dreams  :'(
    There is an exemption for medical treatment, however hang tight...spoke to my co-ordinator this morning and she said that she actually has a lady at there airport as we speak, trying to get across. She has a letter from the Czech embassy in London saying she's having medical treatment and is supposed to be catching a flight this evening. My co-ordinator is going to update me on Monday with the outcome so I'll post on here when I know.

It does seem ridiculous to me that the airlines would start flights again if no-one is allowed to enter the country!

Jippy
    xxxx

Offline Claire58

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3144 on: 11/06/20, 17:35 »
    Hi Ladies, Iím another desperately waiting to get over to Reprofit. I had never even thought about driving there? Has anyone driven there previously without too many difficulties? Would we be permitted into the country this way if we are from the UK which is high risk? Thank you 😊 x

Offline Happydayzz

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3145 on: 11/06/20, 19:16 »
    @JippyBoo I am sorry to hear of your loss as well. Itís so devastating, however we have to have to have some good news this year. Fingers and toes crossed for us all! I canít wait to hear what your co-ordinator comes back with. Xx

Just out of interest has anyone done the PGS testing at Reprofit and gone on to have a live birth? If so, any info would be welcome as I am considering it this time round.

Due my age (40) and the fact we had a chromosomal issue with the last pregnancy loss, I donít want to go through the whole process again just to lose the baby.  Therefore, I was thinking of having 2/3 rounds of stims so as to bank as many eggs as possible after PGS testing. All the info online has very mixed reviews so if anyone has some personal experience to share I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Offline Postivevibes

modify
    « Reply #3146 on: 14/06/20, 14:14 »
    Hiya ladies.

So lovely to see people here. So I've some frosties waiting for us to transfer. We had a successful - I say successful because we got pregnant

Sadly I fully miscarried beginning January at about 9/10 weeks.

We were due to go in March and then Corona Virus locked down the airports so prevented that! 

We want to get over there ASAP and transfer in July (2nd week) I can see you can enter the country if you have a Corona Virus test - but it doesn't say how many days before or from what date they will consider the date valid. I'm wondering is a letter of exemption applies if Reprofit provide a medical letter re treatment?

Also, we're trying to find info of any other ways to get there, like through Vienna etc. Also re the driving - what is the route that people have found and I'm wondering about trains.

Any info anyone has is helpful ad I'll post anything I find out here - trying to get a transfer incase a potential second wave of corona hits and we are stuck another year - again time not on my side either.

Online JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #3147 on: 18/06/20, 13:58 »
    Hi positivevibes

We had exactly the same issue....we were mid cycle when lockdown hit and it got cancelled...

We haven't considered driving because it's such a long trip and involves the stress and hassle of going through several countries with their own restrictions etc. Plus we have a toddler that has to come with us so thats not practical.....

I spoke to my co-ordinator who advised me that the clinic boss is in talks with the Czech Embassy to try and work out a way to make it work or make it easier as they're clearly losing money not being able to treat us. She said to check back with her next week....

We are also hoping that we can get over asap in case there's a second peak....we can't wait another year as I'll be outside of the age limit.....

Jippy
    xxxx

Online JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #3148 on: 4/07/20, 20:49 »
    Just in case anyone was still wondering.....travel to the Czech Republic is now unrestricted.....

We're off in a few weeks for our FET  ^pray^

Sending positive thoughts to everyone!

Jippy
    xxxx

modify
    « Reply #3149 on: 7/07/20, 14:27 »
    Ladies, do you recommend reprofit for OE at 42? I know Serum was the place up till 2017 sadly.