* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 179156 times)

0 Members

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #60 on: 5/07/18, 17:25 »
Thanks Shelbo!

Mands, your beta was drawn a little earlier than usual right? Plus even if not, the number is within range. I know it's so nerve-wracking. I wouldn't be worried at this time. I follow a blog of a woman who had a beta of 24 days after you, and she has a very happy toddler now.

So here is my last needy question! haha! I was told my transfer could be days 19-21 of my cycle which is the 21st-23rd of July. That's a Saturday - Monday. Does Reprofit definitely do Saturday transfers?

Also, unfortunately my coordinator is away due to holidays, so when I asked about this, I also asked if I could book my flights since there is a great seat sale on from Canada. Like $1000 less than my last flight and direct! My day 11 scan isn't for another week. Do you think I'm okay to book flights now?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 5/07/18, 19:26 »
    garageflower that's so hard when different doctor's are telling you conflicting things. What did you decide?

baby that's a great number of eggs and perfect thickness on the lining, hoping for good fert and quality for you

Shelbo glad things worked out, the travel planning can get complicated especially when you don't know exactly when you should go. It probably will be better for your sanity to be there earlier.

Kayte I think you're good with lining thickness in mm, whether it's triple lined, cycst, fibroids, etc....If you're doing it at an RE's office I would think they'd be familiar with what the clinic would want at a mid cycle lining check scan. You could always contact Reprofit direct.....But I think you have it right. Reprofit does transfers 7 days a week from my understanding, there's a lady on the social media group who's preg that had her FET on Sun April 1st (Easter in the US). That's a great deal! What's the flight? Which airport to which airport? I would think you would be good booking, you've never had a problem with your lining checks before right?

Mands I can't remember how many days post transfer you are. My clinic in the US told me with fresh transfers at 9dp5dt they like it to be at least 100 and with frozen at least 50 (frozen take a little longer to get going), but the main thing is what it does between the first and the second draw because there can be a big variety with the first number. So unfortunately this is always the hardest part, waiting between first and second beta.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 5/07/18, 20:19 »
    Hey Hope4life, that price was from Toronto direct to Prague! (direct flights are also rare.) I am going alone to Reprofit and Brno for the first time, so I'm trying to minimize modes of travel, lugging stuff around, and new places and experiences. I had the idea of flying direct to Prague, than paying for the car service I have used before to get to the hotel, to drive me to Brno instead. However, on another board with Canadian cycle buddies, they are strongly encouraging me to fly to Vienna instead, and then take a bus to Brno, then go to my hotel.

I am looking into it... this part is the hardest for me, trying to navigate new international places and transportation on a schedule on my own. However, I learned through my last cycle when I travelled alone (albeit had been to Gennet previously with DH) that I am more capable, and the world is more relatable and things fall into place, more than I sometimes worry about :)

I called the hotline at Reprofit and the doctor actually encouraged me to book my flights before the scan! I didn't expect him to say that. He said taking 6mg of Estradiol a day works for most women. Knock wood, I've never had an issue with lining or scans, so praying this time around it's the case.

How is everyone else doing??

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 5/07/18, 20:26 »
    Kayte Iíve booked my flights and not even started oestrogen yet. However they are less than yours as only coming from the uk. Feels like a gamble worth taking for us but itís a personal decision - can you afford for them not to be the right dates?

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 5/07/18, 20:44 »
    Mooface, we can't actually afford anything anymore - we've just gotten used to it I suppose. But I think it could be worth the risk to proceed as planned and book the flights at this fare. It's also a little risky as I fly in and fly out, rather than stay longer as with an OE or DE cycle. But they said I could pick the 21st-23rd, so I guess we just pull the trigger.

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 5/07/18, 21:12 »
    As I said - weíve gambled and gone for it and both only staying for 24h for each of our ďrolesĒ in the donor egg process

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 5/07/18, 21:19 »
    Kayte the 3 times I've gone so far I've booked my flights months in advance. It's so expensive flying there that I like to get the best price when I can. I would definetly jump on a direct flight if you can. I've flown into Prague once (the first time I went) and Vienna the other 2 times. The time I flew into Prague my flight got into too late to do bus or train so I did the car service direct to my hotel in Brno, can't remember price exactly but between $180 and $200 I think. If the timing lines up you could take the Student Agency bus (the big yellow buses) from the airport to Brno. They are a great service, used them several times. Super cheap, have an attendant like on an airplane, seats are more comfortable than an airplane, and there's even an entertainment system in the seatback in front of you like on an airplane. From Vienna you could do the Student agency bus or you could take the train. Vienna is closer, but neither one is bad. Personally I would chose based on which ever is a better long haul flight for you. I would much rather be in/travel to Brno by myself than Prague, you'll do fine. That's good that you called and have that peace of mind, no need to have added stress at this point. Did you decide accommodation?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 5/07/18, 21:38 »
    Hey kayte, I am both with reprofit and gennet like you and still sometimes read both threads. I have done the journey from both Prague and Vienna to Brno several times. The journey by bus is brilliant as you can watch films that take as long as the journey takes so you don't feel it's that long. The Prague route costs about 7 euros and the Vienna route about 15 and you can pre-book and change tickets online on the student agency website. I don't tend to take the bus from the airport in Prague. Instead I take the bus and underground to Florenc from where the coach leaves (it starts at the airport then stops in Florenc but the stopover is so long that I prefer getting out and about and take the bus and metro to get to Florenc and have a meal near there and just move my legs a bit). This journey only costs about 1.50 euros!  It is really easy. The coach then takes 2.5 or 3 hours depending on which one you book. Florenc is basically a 5-10 minute walk from where gennet are so you know the area! If you need any info at all about tickets, metro, finding your way please PM as I feel like and expert on travelling between the clinics hahaha. .I am about to go to Brno again myself

Offline Janabanana13

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 5/07/18, 23:27 »
    emeds welcome! I am from the US and was just at Reprofit last week! We did own eggs, but were looking into donor as well. Eva was my coordinator and she was wonderful. She answered all my questions in a timely manner. You kind of need to be your own advocate at times and definitely do your own research. But this board is very helpful with questions as well. I don't think there is really a waiting list for donor eggs. I think you can start fairly quick from what i have heard. I live in Michigan and an IVF clinic let me do ultrasound monitoring and bloodwork through them which was very helpful but not sure what all you would need to do with a donor cycle. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!  ^hugme^

Mands again so happy for you! Congratulations!!!   ^clapping^ And your beta is just fine!!

Twinkle so sorry hun. Hoping its just a late implanter.  ^pray^

Mooface good luck on your upcoming cycle! Hope all goes well for you!  ^pray^

Shelbo Thank you!!  ^hugme^  Prayers for your follicles to continue to grow and produce good quality eggs.  ^pray^ And yes good tips from baby about the nightgown!

baby thats such great news!!  :) Now rest up! And yes...my husband said something about time lapse but I couldn't remember anything since I was still a little out of it when they were talking to me  ;D But nothing ever came of it.  :o

HopefulKayte I would think that would be enough info! And I think you would be fine with booking flights now as long as no lining issues. They are usually pretty good with timing. I'm pretty sure they do transfers every day of the week.  :)

I had my second beta today. I'm very thankful it doubled from 57 on Monday to 127 today. I was anxious all day waiting for the result.  ^pray^  ^spin^ 

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 6/07/18, 01:23 »
    Great news Jana! Itís so hard waiting for those phone calls isnít it? So wonderful!

Kat and Hope4life, you have helped me so much!! My DH and I are beyond grateful for this information and your experiences shared. Many many thanks!

This board has been so fantastic answering so many questions and providing guidance. What a godsend. We truly are all in this together and understand what so many others couldnít begin to. xo