* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 179396 times)

0 Members

Offline emeds

modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #70 on: 6/07/18, 03:08 »
Hi Hope4life, So good to hear from you, especially another person who lives in the US!! I was so worried about the process but it sounds really straightforward. My coordinator is Světlana MejtilovŠ, she has been very responsive. I submitted my health form just a couple of days ago and she has submitted my info to the doctor so I am just waiting to hear now. Unfortunately, none of my meds or IVF have been covered by my insurance :(, but hopefully, any US or blood tests I need should be. Because I have never got to a transfer, I have a box of Crinone and estrogen pills left over, so that should be a good start.

I would love to go in September, but I'm not sure if that is enough time for the clinic to arrange everything, I guess I will find out soon. When are you going?

I haven't spoken to anybody except my husband about this because I think we are going to keep it between the two of us, so it's so good to actually talk to other people in the same boat!!  :)

Thanks so much

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline emeds

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 6/07/18, 03:45 »
    Hi Mooface, thanks so much for the info, I am in a similar situation to you, where I have already had all testing done because I have gone through three failed rounds of IVF with my own eggs. My coordinator has been very helpful so far and so quick to respond, whereas one of the agencies in the US I originally emailed still has not got back to me!! Thatís why I decided to go through the clinic directly; so far this has been the right decision. I canít wait to hear how you get on ☺

Hi Shelbo76, thanks for the welcome ☺

Hi Janabanana13, Nice to meet you, so good to hear from another person who pursued IVF treatment abroad!!  I didnít think to ask my RE clinic if they would be able to do any testing, but I will if anything needs to be done. Congrats on the Beta ☺

Em xx

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 6/07/18, 04:35 »
    Kayte   katkat2014 brings up good points about booking ahead and starting out at the florenc station! Itís been almost 2 years since I planned that trip and I forgot that my flight from the US got in 10 min before the last Student Agency bus of the night left the airport and I didnít think thatíd be enough time to get through customs and get to the bus even though we were just doing carry ons. So I started researching and noticed that the airport bus went to the florenc station and had kind of a layover so I had plenty of time to just get the bus there rather than from the airport direct, but I didnít know if Iíd make it there on time using the public transport and since it was my first trip to the CR I was nervous about trying to navigate that at night after more than 24 hours of travel. So I decided weíd book the Prague Airport Transfer service that takes you from the airport to your hotel, or in this case bus station, for $20 then take the SA bus to Brno. By the time I decided that I went back to purchase the SA tickets and they were sold out! So thatís why I ended up booking the Prague Airport service to take us from the airport all the way to Brno. You are very welcome! It really isnít a bad trip at all, especially considering how far youíre already traveling. We really like Brno, thatís why we stayed there part of our trip when we went to Zlin too. Itís not quite as crowded and touristy as Prague, but itís still a good size town and gives a better feel for the Czech culture I think. Did you contact Lucie?

Katkat2014   when are you headed to Brno? What treatment are you having done?

Janabanana    thatís great that youíre beta is rising so good!

emeds   It does seem overwhelming at first, but it really is pretty simple. I donít have any insurance coverage for any of this either. I calculated it one time and I think over the years with all the different testing, procedures, and meds weíd spent probably $80K. So we thought we were done for sure till we found out about this, so much more affordable. If youíre doing a fresh donor egg cycle they need to match you with your donor then sync your cycles. So you would need an injection (Prostap/Lupron Depot) 3 weeks before you start the estrogen. And probably bcp before the injection (thatís what I did at the clinic I went to). So youíre looking at at least a couple months after they find a match, I think. Iím doing a double donor FET so not really sure on the timing at Reprofit for a fresh. If they find a match right away, then maybe the end of September.......Iím not sure when Iím going exactly, sometime the first 3 weeks of October. Even when you do talk to people unless theyíve been through it they donít understand. It is very helpful to have these boards. Where in the states are you? Iím in WA. My clinic where I did my OE cycles is doing my monitoring for me this cycle, and an ERA. Actually doing the ERA biopsy next Tuesday. They just changed my status to a ďtech patient ď and I have to pay $75 for them to send the report to Reprofit on top of what I have to pay them for whatever theyíre doing.

Offline baby1985

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 6/07/18, 05:52 »
    Mands - your beta numbers look fine to me seeing as you tested early. Your babies will stick :)

Jana  - congratulations on your numbers. So happy for you!

I've just started my utrogestan and didn't realise how fiddle they are, I keep losing them inside of me  when trying to push them high enough. Last time I was on cyclogest, much easier to use. I tried to get the utrogestan with the applicator but guess they couldn't understand my husband at the pharmacy.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 7/07/18, 01:06 »
    emeds, I would check your protocol and schedule and see what drugs you begin after arrival. Fertility drugs are a fraction of the cost in CR, it's a shocking difference. I get the ones I need in advance here, and then the others when I arrive. Sorry for your failed cycles. It is such a heartbreaking journey but having hope is what gets you through. I think many of us are living in a "secret" world pursuing all this... when going through OE cycles here in Canada and reading that women were flying to the Czech Republic to do donor egg cycles, that sounded beyond nuts to me. Now here I am, totally embracing it and wishing I had started this part of my journey earlier. But I can't imagine trusting anyone else in real life with this, I think their minds would be blown and they would think I'm certifiably crazy. So good to have each other!

Baby, I'm fearful about Reprofit's utrogestan dose bigtime. I've only ever taken 2 at a time - I'm trying to imagine manoevering 4 in there, 2 times a day. Definitely takes skill! That I'm confident I don't have.

Hope4life, I wish I could take you and Kat out for a big thank-you drink. We are tossing around all options thrown out there and haven't booked yet. I did contact Lucie and she is free! Thank you everyone so much for that help too! xo

Jana... awesome news!!! So happy for you!

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 7/07/18, 01:20 »
    Kayte  the utrogestan dose is the same that I used at RG and at Zlin. There are applicators you can get. I'm actually doing my ERA cycle right now and my new protocol with Reprofit has switched me to Crinone daily in the AM (I've never used Crinone before) and starting on day of transfer I'll add Prolutex, which is the tummy injection of progesterone in water, every 3 days in addition to the Crinone. I love passing on info that I've learned! I had wished I would have know the SA tickets sell out I was so bummed when that happened. So it's good to pass on the info to others. I'm so glad she's free, she's really popular. She just got married in June, I think they have been together for like 5 years. Did you book your plane tickets yet? Did you decide hotel?

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 7/07/18, 03:27 »
    Hello everyone. I hope that it's okay if I join in on the conversation. I was taking a little mental health break for a couple of months but it looks like we will be moving ahead with IVF using DE again Sept-Oct (DH flying over late Sept and I late Oct if there are any little embies to transfer). This will be our second time in Czech Republic for IVF with DE but first time at Reprofit. We just received another blow recently after DH completed genetic tests to discover that he has a chromosome inversion and therefore we need to use PGD this time. I wish we had known this earlier as it could have potentially saved us a lot of heartache with our 3 miscarriages.

I want to wish everyone cycling right now all of the best and hugs to those who are struggling. This is such a difficult and lonely journey but it is so helpful to have forums like these where we can connect. It is also nice to see that I am not the only one making the long journey across the pond for fertility treatment. Will anyone else be in Brno late October?

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 7/07/18, 04:57 »
    Hi Karen! So sorry about your DH, but thatís great that you found out and didnít continue trying without knowing that was wrong. Iím planning on going in October, but likely sometime in the first few weeks. I just remembered you from the DE buddies thread! Iím glad you got the testing done and hope this will be the answer ^hugme^

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 7/07/18, 06:31 »
    Can I have lucieís details too please someone?

Offline Mandamae

• Gold Member
    • I believe
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 7/07/18, 10:10 »
    Here you are Moo face:

Phone: (+420) 721 000 081
    E-mail: [email protected]
    social media: www.social media.com/IVFAcupunctureBrno