* Author Topic: Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17  (Read 179405 times)

0 Members

Offline Mandamae

• Gold Member
  • I believe
modify
Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17
« Reply #80 on: 7/07/18, 10:23 »
Hello Ladies, and welcome to new ladies  :)

Well I've had my second blood test this morning although only 66 hours sinces last blood test. I am  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  that my beta has doubled. Now just a waiting game.

i had a very mild sore throat in week 1 of TWW now it's back not sure why but at least it's mild.
Sorry I've been quiet , I am back at work and am kind of like an ostrich putting my head in the sand and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  everything is good and my baby is growing well and is healthy. I never anticipated how i may feel when i got my BFP because this is my first. But , well it's similar to the TWW with added anxiety for me. When i know my HCG levels have doubled I will then settle. I was 4+1 when i tested so i suppose too early really to get a high beta number. However, I know whats important is that it has doubled which I'm sure it will have.

Garage flower and Jana  I hope you are both okay xx  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Good luck to everyone in the middle of your cycles and everyone who's about to start their cylces  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Mands xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 7/07/18, 11:03 »
    Thanks manda. Have emailed.
    Everything crossed for you - when do you expect results?

So I’m now off the pill and waiting for period to show. Oestrogen due to start weds assuming I bleed in time then scan 2 weeks today.
    If this all works out we will actually be in holiday when we find out if the transfer has been successful. Not ideal in some ways as will be with BIL and SIL who are 30weeks pregnant with their first. If this fails and there’s nothing in the freezer then I guess this will be our end of the road - which is scary

For those of you who’ve had donor eggs or embryos how was the decision of how many to transfer made and by who?

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 7/07/18, 11:04 »
    And manda - what is macs? Should I be asking for this?

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 7/07/18, 15:25 »
    Manda, I understand your feelings... it is such a journey of waiting, hoping, fearing, mind swirling, at every stage! Mind over matter is way easier said than done! I'm looking forward to hearing your great update :) Hang in there.

Mooface, I transfer 2 embryos. Due to almost 10 years of cycling and wanting to increase chances, as well as now with the big international trip - it seems the most pragmatic. I totally understand why other people transfer 1 though, and why this is also recommended. Reprofit is only willing to transfer one for me, due to having a C-section 5 years ago. Gennet was willing to do 2 regardless. I think having a frank conversation with your RE and partner, and going with your gut... it's an indvidual decision.

Karen, welcome. I hope that the PGD will help bring you your dream :) I just joined this forum a week or two ago, and already the fabulous ladies here have basically helped me plan my every move from the other side of the world. Please ask for any help you need!

Hope4life, I was so pumped to book flights and connect them to buses last night after all the advice, but unfortunately it seems the buses don't line up with the overnight flights and arrival time from Canada. For example, flying into Vienna overnight and landing at 7am, it's a 4.5 hour wait for the bus. Flying into Prague, it's a 3 hour wait for the bus, then it says it's a 4 hour bus ride. Unfortunately, no matter how tired I am, thus far I have never slept on an overnight flight, and when I land, I stagger to a hotel and crash. So I'm a little worried now. Am rethinking the car service idea from either aiport again unfortunately. In Prague, we used a great company that was cheaper than airport and taxi service. I'm thinking I will try to look into something similar from Austria. And I will check the flights/bus again this morning, just to be sure I didn't miss anything. I was thinking of switching my hotel booking to the Grand, since the bus goes right there, eliminating another aspect and mode of the travel, but maybe I will hold of on that.

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 7/07/18, 16:42 »
    Thank you for the welcome ladies.

Mooface, we went back and forth so many times on whether to transfer 1 or 2 of our embryos with DE. Moving forward I think we will transfer 2. Surprisingly there is only a small increase for success rates with 2 embryos but similar to Kayte's point after so many years of cycling we will take that small increase. Of course you need to do what is right for you and to be prepared for the possibility of twins.

Offline Mandamae

• Gold Member
    • I believe
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 7/07/18, 17:21 »
    Thank you ladies,

Moo face, I chose two embryos due to my age and past failures my Dr was
    Pavel Otevřel and he was excellent in my opinion. We had MACS (275 Euros) in addition to ICSI. The following link is about MACS and the next paragrapgh is from Prague fertility centre website:http://www.pragueivf.com/en/art/magnetic-activated-cell-sorting-macs-sperm-sorting

New generation of best-quality sperm selection
    [/size]
    [/size]Prague Fertility Centre introduces a new generation of Magnetic-Activated Cell Sorting (MACS) system – an efficient method to select functional sperm and improve pregnancy rates.Genetic integrity of the spermatozoon is essential for normal embryo development. A high level of DNA fragmentation in sperm cells can negatively affect embryo cleavage and subsequent development leading to blastocyst arrest or early miscarriage. DNA damage represented by fragmentation and subsequent sperm apoptosis may be a cause of male infertility that standard methods – sperm concentration, morphology assessment and motility analysis cannot detect.
    [/size]
    There is more on it if you click the link.

Kayte,Thanks for your support and positivity it means a lot  ^hugme^

I will get my second beta result on monday afternoon so will update when i find out. I  ^pray^   they have doubled at least

Mands xx

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 7/07/18, 17:50 »
    Mooface    for me the first time I did donor embryos I automatically transferred 2 because that's what I did with our OE cycles, then on the transfer table and during the 2ww I was panicking realizing these are young healthy donors it's not the same as transferring my OE. I starting freaking out thinking what if they both implant and one or both split! So our next 2 transfers we did 1 at a time for those reasons. I'm doing a tested double donor embryo when I go so I'll just do 1 again. If I was doing untested I might do 2, but probably still stick with 1 just because I wouldn't want to be that rare person that ends up preg with triplets or quads.

Kayte       that's a bummer! If you'd prefer to fly into Vienna you could see about the public transport. We did that when we flew home. We took the Railjet from Brno to Wein Hauptbahnhof then took the S-Bahn to the airport. So you would just do it in reverse. The S-Bahn is like riding the subway and the Railjet you can get first class tickets for super cheap, I think for the 3 of us it was like $45. http://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers/arrival__parking/s-bahn__suburban_railway You would take the S-Bahn right from the airport, there are signs, it leaves every 30 min and it's a 15 min ride to Wein Hauptbahnhof then the Railjet from there to Brno main train station which is about an hour and a half ride and you can buy tickets on the OBB site http://www.oebb.at/en/ The first time I went to Brno I was thinking of staying at the Grand for that reason too. I know a lot of ladies like staying there, but I am a light sleeper and the noise of where it's located wouldn't really be good for me. It is literally right across the street from both the SA bus station and the main train station.

Mands       ^pray^for you! I can't believe you have to wait all the way to Monday afternoon! Everything in this whole process sure builds our patience.

Offline emeds

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 7/07/18, 18:40 »
    Hi Hope4life, We were just in WA for the weekend for my husbands birthday, we are located in AZ so it was a nice break from the heat!! I hear you on the lack of insurance coverage, we have used all our savings and it is not an option for us to consider donor egg in the US with the costs for a fresh cycle being 30-40k…so ridiculous the difference in cost. Although I am hoping for late September, I think this is tight, so I think there is a possibility of us going in October also  :)

Hi HopefulKayte, Thanks for the info about the timing and medications, I really like your idea of only getting the medications I need prior to going and purchasing the rest once I get there to save on cost :). My coordinator sent me info on a cooperating pharmacy located in Florida. I am not sure yet whether to have the clinic send the prescriptions there or have the meds I need prior to going shipped from Czech, but maybe this second option would be cheaper. I agree about the “secret world” and about people likely thinking we are nuts going to Czech for IVF, but people don’t understand unless they are experiencing this. When I first mentioned the idea to my husband, he thought I was nuts until he started looking into it with me and now he is totally on board and so excited to have a vacation at the same time. I am so thankful for this group!!!

Hi KarenS2017, Welcome back, I am new to this group also. So sorry to hear about your miscarriages but hopefully with the PGD you will have a good outcome this time. I am in the early stages of pursuing donor egg at Reporofit. I just submitted my health form, so just waiting to hear now to see what they say. We are hoping for the end of September, but I’m not sure yet if this will be enough time so it may be October or later for me also, will wait and see  ^hugme^

Offline Mooface

modify
    « Reply #88 on: 7/07/18, 18:52 »
    Thanks manda. Did they recommend that based on your husbands analysis results then?

Offline hope4life

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 7/07/18, 19:10 »
    emeds    hope you had fun! I grew up in So Cal and would go to AZ to go water skiing with my dad, but it was so hot and I'd get so burned we switched to going to central Cal instead. I can not handle that much sun! That would be fun if we were there at the same time. FYI there's a lot of trade shows that happen in Brno and the accommodation gets booked up and more expensive when this is going on. So you can look at the trade show calendar to help plan. When I looked at October looks like there's a bunch of them happening the 1st thru the 5th, then nothing till the 20th. So I'm thinking of trying to time it so I can go between those. https://www.bvv.cz/en/calendar-of-trade-fairs-events/?date=2018-10-01 As far as the meds I had my Crinone and Clexane shipped from Reprofits pharmacy so that I could do my ERA and have meds to start my cycle. The meds from the Czech are super cheap even with shipping. Their pharmacy is Pharmawell and I received them in a week with regular shipping.