Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Reprofit cycle buddies (orange knicker gang) part 17

273K views 3K replies 122 participants last post by  Nova35 
#1 ·
Hey Ladies here is your new home, happy chatting :)

Just a quick reminder to remember the site rules, be kind to each other and don't offer to exchange or pass on any unused medication. Also if you forget to say something click on the modify button at the top right hand side of the box rather than make multiple posts. Any questions or problems then just holler xx

Here's the link to the old page for those who want to reference back: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=377890.new#new

#3,152 ·
Hi Jippy, I just wanted to wish you luck and hugs for your FET! ✨ We will be there for ours at the end of the month too 👏 thank goodness we can travel now xx
Hi Delectable_Sunshine, I’m 38 and using my OE, although I’m sure some of the other ladies may be able to help a bit better than myself, I’m relatively new to the whole process as we’ve only been through 1 round at this point xx

#3,153 ·
Thank you Claire58....the very best of luck to you too.

Is anyone else cycling at the moment/in the near future? Seems quite quiet on this board at the moment!

Jippy
xxxx

#3,155 ·
Ladies, just wanted to send some positive feelings. A year and a half ago i joined this forum searching for help.

2 ICSI cycles in Reprofit plus one FET and on the 11th April we welcome our gorgeous boy in our lifes. He arrived 6 weeks early but its the best thing in my life.

In our ivf journey there was loads of tears and bad moments but ladies, it can be achieved.

All the best to all our of, warriors!!!

#3,158 ·
Hi Choupi15, yes you can travel from the UK with no restrictions at the moment although I’ve been advised this may change in the future if we were to have a second wave for example. The best way to contact Reprofit would be to email them on their ‘contact us’ page on their site and they usually get back to you within a day or 2 xx

#3,159 ·
I'm here in Brno now for my second round. It seems there are quite a few people here from the UK. Have met up with a couple of ladies already. If anyone is here in the next few weeks and wants a coffee then just message me.

There are no travel restrictions at the moment for UK residents and you don't need a COVID test.

#3,160 ·
Hello ladies,

I hope that you don't mind I post here. I am trying to find more information on traveling to Czech for IVF. I'm in the US.

I am currently with Zlin on donor egg IVF. I had to cancel my cycle just 3 days before the FET in March due to Covid-19. My coordinator told me that she heard ladies from the US were able to go to Brno lately. I was wondering if any of you have done it or have heard about it?

Thank you,
Flower

#3,162 ·
Hi Dodoro,  That's encouraging! Do you know which social media group they were on?

#3,165 ·
Hi Ladies,

Had my transfer on Tuesday. Not feeling terribly positive about the outcome as neither of my embryos were hatching like the last ones that worked were  :'(

Is there any hope?

Jippy
xxxx

#3,166 ·
Hi Jippy, did they suggest when they did the transfer that this would be a problem?
The feeling I’ve always had from Reprofit is that they will only transfer if they believe there is a chance of success with that embryo? I haven’t had experience with this...yet, however my sister in law had success in the UK with her very last embryo out of 6, deemed the weakest and very doubtful it would make it. She had to fight to have it transferred. That “weakest” embryo is now a very healthy 4 year old little girl 😉 so don’t give up hope yet!
I know how difficult the wait is and I’m sure in a week and a bit time I’ll be absolutely stressing out, it can’t be helped no matter how calm you try to be but don’t give up, it’s not over until it’s over! Sending lots of love, I have everything crossed for you! Xxx

#3,167 ·
Hi Claire58,

No, the doctor actually said they were good quality embryos......it's just me really being paranoid as the previous ones that have worked (albeit one was ectopic) have been hatching or fully hatched......

Jippy
xxxx

#3,168 ·
So, 7 days after my FET and what started as spotting yesterday has now turned into a bit more than spotting  :'( I just don't understand.......I'm on double the progesterone I should be and yet still I've started bleeding and I haven't even made it to test day!

I don't know what else I can do now  :'( I'm totally devastated....my son is going to be without a sibling.....

#3,169 ·
Hi all

So I'm off back for another round after miscarryng at 10 weeks from the last transfer and then being delayed by Covid- pandemic - were supposed to go in March

Feeling throughly fed up with Reprofit at the moment - poor communication - not on our part has led to them telling us Prolutex has now shot up to 45 Euros a box from 20 Euros and if they had given me the 3 month prescription - when I askedI would not be in this position

Booked flights back from brno 9th only to find out we are transfering on the 8th - again all stuff we could have known in advance. They also told me they cannot check my progestrone levels on the day  - which they were supposed to do. They have told me this is because this part of the clinic is now shut on a Saturday. everything seems half arsed and I've been in tears over it. Not sure if ti's the stress or the Estrogen.

Were were also told the chemist are not open on the 8th - where we had to pcik up the remaining medication because they did not give us the 3 month perscript and had a pain of a conversation to ask them to leave medication with reception where we can pick it up on Friday when we fly in

Have now booked flight back from Prague on the day of the transfer - latest one we could get so we can get back home. have lost £200 on flight back from brno and another £200 for extra money for prolutex more than doubling= all because of Reprofit being way to laid back & stupid mistakes that they could have avoided - so have lost £400

Worried about travelling - they have advised only 1 embryo transfer - it's all just too much today and I feel like it's not going to work and a load of money has been lost already now as well - so fed up don;t even see the point anymore.

Probably a bad day but really feeling low and like its not being done properly- any of it.

#3,170 ·
So sorry to hear you're having a tough time positivevibes  :'(

Who is your co-ordinator? Have to say we've had nothing but good communication from ours (Eva).

Have they advised why you can only have one embryo transferred? Would you prefer 2?

Don't give up just yet.....it could all still go perfectly!

Jippy
xxxx

#3,171 ·
The last transfer they were pretty good and it was all ok - it just feels like this time it's discombobulated and stressful with needless mistakes being made that have frustrated what should be a simple process.

I have 1 hatching that they think is the best thing to transfer and 3 others banked that look good. Just feeling like a fat whale- my BMI has shot up and am a bit miserable today after losing £400 down to needless mistakes on their parts that really could have been prevented. It's just very frustrating.

Just want to go over, get the transfer over and done with - see what happens and hope I don't have to go again.

Very down hearted today- might be the estrogen and my lining was 8 mm on day 11 of cycle but don't know what this means

I'm supposed to start progestrone on Monday - 2 utrogestan in morning and 2 utrogestan in the evening plus injecting Prolutex - daily.

Currently on 1 x3 a day 2mg Estrofam, 1 x 100mg asprin, 1 x 5mg Prednosin steriod

Then on transfer day start Clexane

I feel really let down by the clinic at the moment- no progestrone test on the day, not sending the 3 month perscript so now we pay an extra £200, losing money on flights. They are a good clinic but there are some things that really could have been prevented

It's all left me unhappy - I also do not need an intrellip drip - which they suggested for 1 day on transfer day - (which is useless- without having these 7 days prior to transfer) The clinic were sent my results that I do not need these drips either... as I had a very expensive my NK test - which came back fine......

Sp I've lost faith in them today which I really didn't want to as I like my co-oridinator whom has been very good - generally but am feeling let down Also the Dr hasn't spoken to us on the phone either which really does not help.

Im also really worried that the embryo will not survive the thaw and what will happen.

#3,172 ·
Hi JippyBoo, I’m so sorry I really hope your bleeding has stopped by now? You are due to test on Tuesday, is that right? I’ve still got my fingers crossed for you x
Positivevibes, I’m also so sorry for your stress it’s the last thing you need right now. We have had a couple of instances in the past with poor communication but I just wanted to reassure you maybe even a little...
We had our transfer there 2 days a go and they were absolutely fantastic. They were totally on the ball and although the clinic seemed quiet (which was nice)  everything ran really smoothly. Have they said why they won’t transfer more than 1? I know they prefer to do 1 but usually if you push they will do 2 if it is safe enough to do so. Wishing you the best of luck x

#3,174 ·
Hi ladies,

I am off to Brno this Friday for EC. I will be embryo banking the next two cycles so am really hoping for a good results - wish me luck. If anyone is around for a coffee from 7.8.20 to 10.8.20 feel free to hit me up xx.

Just a quick qn if anyone can help? I arrive on Friday afternoon thinking I could do the preoperative checks on the weekend, however have been told Mon-Fri only. This leaves me in a pickle as the costs to do the tests in the UK are quite expensive and I have limited time to get this done before I leave. Has anyone gone ahead with EC without having done the preop testing?

@Delectable_Sunshine - I had cycle in December, 2019 with OE and I was 40 at the time. It yielded a much better results than my first two cycles in the UK. I miscarried at 3 months due to chromosonal issues, however I had a very good experience with Reprofit. I'm 41 now and about to have EC at Reprofit next next week.

@Claire58 - Good luck with your cycle! How did you go? In response to your question on acupunture I had it before and after the day of embyro transfer and I think this helped me get pregnant on my last cycle. Let me know if you want the contact info and I can send it to you.

@mvilma6 - Congratulations on your wonderful news. It gives hope to the rest of us xxx

@Dodoro - How long are you there for? If you are still around let me know. I am flying in this Friday 7.8.20 to 10.8.20 for egg collection.

@JippyBoo - oh gosh. I'm so sorry you are going through this. It doesn't matter how many times we go through this, it just doesnt get any easier. I hope you are doing okay?

@Postivevibes - I'm sorry to hear you are having such an awful experience. Perhaps it is the co-ordiantor? I am also using Eva and she seems to be very efficent and very responsive. I hope it gets better from here on for you.

#3,175 ·
Happydayzz - thank you, wishing you the very best of luck for your EC and banking, I shall think of you!
We have 2 frosties left so I think next time we should do some banking if possible.
I’m not quite sure about pre-op tests, I’ve not had any before egg collection?
My transfer went very well, apparently it was a very easy transfer and Reprofit were fab.
I found a wonderful lady called Lucie who did my acupuncture before and after. I felt far more relaxed than last time and she gave me some useful advice that I would never have known if not for her, so fingers crossed it all makes a difference! Xx

#3,176 ·
Hi all,

So today was test day and..........BFP!!!!!!! Can’t quite believe it! I’m presuming the bleeding I had was either implantation bleeding or unconnected irritation!

So just have to wait for my 6 week scan to check the embryo is in the right place after previous ectopic  ^pray^

Jippy
xxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.