* Author Topic: Pgs on egg donor cycle  (Read 864 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs. Munchkin

modify
Pgs on egg donor cycle
« on: 1/07/18, 20:00 »
Hi debating this in my mind to give us the best chance at my age

What are your experiences ? Yay or nay ? Thanks xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    Pgs on egg donor cycle
    « Reply #1 on: 2/07/18, 08:52 »
    I had it on 2 DE cycles which were my worst yet, but chances of avoiding miscarriage are apparently better with PGS, so it's a tricky decision! My next clinic (Serum) doesn't use PGS, but I've seen better outcomes there nevertheless. Good luck xx

Offline Mrs. Munchkin

modify
    Pgs on egg donor cycle
    « Reply #2 on: 2/07/18, 14:43 »
    Thanks so much for your reply and wishing you the very best in serumi hope you get your little baby xx

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    Pgs on egg donor cycle
    « Reply #3 on: 2/07/18, 16:37 »
    Thanks  :) you too xx

Offline Trigger38

• Gold Member
    modify
    Pgs on egg donor cycle
    « Reply #4 on: 2/07/18, 21:23 »
    I decided too. We got 11 blasts from our donor. First double transfer ended in miscarriage and second double transfer a bfn so for remaining 7 I felt I needed to know. Of those 7 then 3 normal 3 abnormal and 1 no result that  were retesting.i couldnít face emotionally or financially repeated losses and failed cycles after 10 failed attempts already. Itís not cheap but I felt I needed to know if there was a real chance. Itís a personal decision and possibly depends on how many transfers you can face. I didnít want to try them all and find myself questioning us it be or a poor batch. Good luck with what you decide x

Offline CurlyGirl1225

• Gold Member
    modify
    Pgs on egg donor cycle
    « Reply #5 on: 13/07/18, 08:46 »
    Hi

We had PGS with our donors egg/husbands sperm. Donor is 34

At 13 wks Iíve just had a termination as my boy had severe abnormalities to head bowel and heart

Chromosomes were fine. So be cautious. Issues can still arise.

Yes your risk is lower but itís still there.

I always thought we were so certain after the PGS but now I will worry just as much

Offline Claireu

modify
    Pgs on egg donor cycle
    « Reply #6 on: 7/09/18, 12:59 »
    Hi
    We had PGS with our donor eggs on the last three cycles. First one we only got 1 to test, the second we had a couple and then this last one - although we only got four embryos, three were good. Our first one I had a MMC in March this year, and I am currently 6wks 2days with our second one. I was gutted when we still had a MMC with the first one but then they still only suggest it's around 65% with PGS embryos.

The reason we went PGS was that our very first donor, who was young and an egg share gave us 10eggs, five which made it to 5 day blasts, but one didn't make it through the thaw, and the other three were all BFN as well, and the donor herself went through exactly the same as me. So out of 19 eggs not one ended up in a live pregnancy. So we thought it would save time, heartache and money. Unfortunately the other two donors didn't go well but donor three (who's young, and also a proven donor) looks quite good.

I think if this doesn't work and our last embryo doesn't either than that will be my last go, I'm tired of it all now, and also 50years old. Even though we still have a fresh cycle if we want it - I just don't think I can carry on after these two, so hopefully one of these will result in a baby - if not then I have to come to terms with it being over for me.

Good luck Mrs Munchkin

Claire x