* Author Topic: New HFEA regulations on importing sperm from USA  (Read 680 times)

0 Members

Offline Rillischen

  • Jr. Member
  • **
Hi hope all are well on this board 😄 Iím still patiently waiting for the HFEA to decide whether or not they will allow My clinic to import sperm from USA (Xytex). This was after the regulations changed in April. Is anyone else in this position with non-EU donor bank and has anyone had any news as yet? It feels challenging to get any update as to the progress of applications and the wait feels long! Feel free to PM me if you prefer to share there. Thanks x

FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline cinnamonoats

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    New HFEA regulations on importing sperm from USA
    « Reply #1 on: 6/09/18, 13:33 »
    Hi there, we are having the same problem. It's really frustrating.  We started the process and selected the sperm (CCB) before we (and it seems also the clinics) found out about the new regulations.  We don't want to change our donor.  We are with CARE London, apparently they submitted at the end of June so by the end of September should have an answer.  HFEA told us that there have been issues with several of the applications from clinics (unspecified) that have delayed the application process, but we've had the same experience as you - almost no visibility and very vague information. 

    I was hoping to start at the end of September but it's now looking like it will be end of October - and even then we don't know if we will be able to import the sperm. 

    It seems like the HFEA have handled this really badly and put a lot of people in difficult situations.

    Offline Rillischen

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    modify
    New HFEA regulations on importing sperm from USA
    « Reply #2 on: 6/09/18, 19:40 »
    Yes it has been very badly managed. I put a complaint in to HFEA. Apparently it is 3 months providing all paperwork is complete but they realised over 3 months after my clinic submitted that there is more to do on the paperwork and they still canít really give me a timescale. Other than to say they will prioritise clinics where patients are delaying treatment. Like you I didnít want to change donor so Iím going to go to Denmark now instead. Which is also much cheaper so perhaps not such a bad thing! Good luck!