* Author Topic: Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time  (Read 26917 times)

0 Members

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
modify
Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time
« Reply #150 on: 1/06/20, 14:12 »
IVF due date today 🥳
Stretch and sweep this morning...midwife said she doesnít think weíll need to wait until Wednesday for the induction as she thinks things will progress beforehand.

Ate more pineapple for lunch...canít do any harm right?  ;D

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 2/06/20, 08:03 »
    Had some contraction type feelings late on yesterday and some throughout the night, got hubby on the contraction timer and they were lasting between 30 seconds and 2 minutes but were 20 minutes plus apart so no sign of anything progressing so I decided I would have an early night to hubbyís dismay as he thought it would be best to take our daughter to my parents Ďjust incaseí and Ďrather than waking her and my parents upí in the middle of the night. Anyway long story short... had some more mild contractions through the night Iím not sure if they woke me up or I just kept waking up but nothing has progressed as of this morning.

So keeping everything crossed things progress naturally today as were booked in for induction tomorrow and I donít fancy being induced if Iím honest for a number of reasons (more time away from home and daughter, itís meant to be more painful, will be there without hubby for longer, more chance of contracting covid the longer Iím there, feel like Iím putting on parents too much if daughter has to stay over longer than one night etc) but it is what it is I guess and as long as we get to hold our beautiful baby in the next few days how we get there is I guess irrelevant.

Xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 3/06/20, 11:05 »
    So contractions continued last night but irregular so have come in this morning at 6:30 For induction.

Had obs taken then was placed on the fetal heartbeat monitor for half an hour, then I had an internal check and pessary applied and back on monitor for another half hour.

Have since been moved to my own room on labour ward whilst I Ďwait it outí having Obs every four hours and next monitoring at 7:30pm if nothing happens in meantime, also not due next internal check until 7:30am tomorrow morning...

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 4/06/20, 07:10 »
    Contractions have got more regular and definitely more painful...
    Waiting for fetal monitor at 7:30 then an internal to see whatís going on

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 4/06/20, 09:12 »
    So we have progressed from 1cm to 2cm so have been given the gel tablet internally to progress things, next examination in 6 hours xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 6/06/20, 20:09 »
    Well our beautiful baby girl arrived on Thursday 4th June at 3:25pm weighing a tiny 6lb 1oz she truly is so gorgeous and our second miracle, absolutely in love and on cloud 9 🥰

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 10/08/20, 17:33 »
    Wow where have the last 9 weeks gone!
    Both of our princesses are doing fantastic, our older one us absolutely brilliant with her little sister and absolutely besotted with her, lovely to see the baby giving her big sister the most tremendous smiles whenever sheís in sight melts my heart 💓

Hubby goes back to work in one week after shielding during this pandemic for the last 4 months so going to be strange just the three of us to be here.

Have boxed up the newborn size clothes 😢 the next step will be to start selling/donating the things sheís growing out of...Iím not sure how I feel about that...after TTC for 18 years itís been a huge part of my life and getting rid of things feels like a final step that this journey is over, even though I know deep down we wonít be trying for any more and After everything we have been through I am eternally grateful for our princesses BUT all it would take is hubby to ask me if we want to do one more cycle and I certainly wouldnt say no but realistically it would cost thousands more in money and then thereís the mental/emotional aspect and I do feel like it has consumed us for so long we need to start living our lives so I know the best thing is to Ďmove oní but I think Iíll be a bit emotional.

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 14/09/20, 14:09 »
    Seriously where is the time going???!!!

My youngest princess is now 14 weeks old!!! thatís 3 and a half months already! So eldest princess started back to school last week so me and baby had two days on our own then hubby was off for two days I got probably about a quarter of things done that I wanted to but as hubby reminds me there is no rush 🙈

Iíve spent this morning sorting through babyís clothes and have now boxed up the 0-3 months clothes, still havenít done anything with the newborn clothes, baby beanbag etc. I know thereís no rush to do so but I havenít got anywhere to store everything and I guess there is some delaying in the back of my head I guess I just really need to come to terms with it mentally...will I ever be ready though?

6 months left of maternity leave which sounds nice and long but I know itís going to fly by!

I am still wondering about the eggs I donated, did they result in a baby/babies? I know I will request this info at some point but the HFEA arenít currently accepting requests due to COVID-19 thereís no rush but itís something I would like to find out, especially as if the parents decide to tell the child when they are old enough they could contact me if they choose to so want to be prepared and make sure my princesses understand when they are old enough too.

I Love love love my little family and eternally grateful 🥰

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 27/09/20, 16:26 »
    Soooo our baby girl is 16 weeks old already! 😭 the time is going far too quickly.

On another note, with regards to the baby things, I said to hubby Ďright so just checking thatís definitely it? No more cycles?í I knew the answer itís what we had said and agreed all along and I really donít know why I broached the subject.  He said no, no more cycles. However the next day he came home from work and said if you want to do one more cycle letís go for it! This completely threw me, I was not expecting this at all! We always make these decisions together and as we had previously both agreed the last cycle we did would be our last why did I even ask! So now we have a decision to make do we try just one more time? Not wanting to be greedy in the slightest we just want a family which we now have and will be eternally grateful for but would be amazing for it to grow a little bigger, but at the same time thinking of everything we went through to get to where we are Iím really not sure I could mentally, emotionally or physically go through it again not to mention the financial side. If we were to do another cycle I would love to be able to donate some more eggs but concerned I am now too old to do so. I have contacted the clinic but still waiting to hear back. In the meantime we need to really think it through my head is saying no more cycles but my heart is saying why are you even contemplating it just do it, its what you really want!

Watch this space!!!!

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 27/10/20, 20:54 »
    Canít believe Iím more than halfway through my maternity leave already 😔 time is going tooooooo fast! Both girls are doing great I am so so so blessed 💗

So since my last update I still havenít heard back from the clinic which Iím sad about not necessarily because we havenít had an answer more for the fact we have been going there for 9 years and being honest the care hasnít been the same since we started going private which in theory you would expect more going private! This was partly coincidental as they had a change over over staff then it moved locations.  As a result we have been thinking about another clinic IF we did decide to cycle again.

However itís looking more and more unlikely that we will ever cycle again however I think I just need a little more time....