* Author Topic: ICSI #6 (BFN, 1 PGD normal frostie), onto ICSI #7 (BFP!!!! + 1 frostie)  (Read 18319 times)

0 Members

Offline Lanee

modify
Cycle #6 - ICSI - Hope itís finally the one!
« Reply #10 on: 20/08/18, 07:53 »
Just got the update from the lab. Only 6 of the eggs retrieved were mature 😪 and 7 they managed to mature in the lab 😬. So have 13 in the running. Will wait to see tomorrow how many fertilised. Iím a little disappointed but I suppose this is more than Iíve had in the running than before. Hope they are good quality.

Feeling a little sore but nothing the Panadol doesnít help keep at bay.

And so the wait continues...I hate that every step of this IVF cycle is so full of ups and downs and waiting and guessing....First to see how many eggs are collected, then to see how many are mature, and then to see how many fertilise and then to see how many make it to day 3, then day 5....for every cycle for me, each wait has led to disappointment as my embryos donít make it or dwindle down. I was so hoping this cycle would be different, especially when I saw I had 22 eggs retrieved but already, as usual, a large number have taken themselves out of the running 😩

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 21/08/18, 00:44 »
    Day 1 post egg collection

Iím a little confused. Today the lab called me and said that I had only 4 mature eggs collected, the rest were ďlate maturersĒ that matured by themselves after collection. But yesterday I was told I had 6 mature ones collected.

Anyway, had 9 of the 13 eggs fertilised overnight, 1 is completely out of the running and the remaining 3 they will keep to see if perhaps it will fertilise later. Címon little ones ... please keep doing well! Fingers crossed for my next update on Day 3.

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 22/08/18, 02:41 »
    Day 2 post egg collection

Had 2 days of eating super unhealthy. Iíve been pretty healthy leading up to EC but it all fell apart afterwards as I figured the eggs were out of me already 😅😂. Lots of chocolate, chips and generally stuffing my face. But think I need to get back on track for my best chance at transfer.

Today is a big day for me because DH is supposed to get the blood test results for our donor. Fingers crossed they are all ok otherwise my 9 fertilised eggs will be wasted. And fingers crossed he actually manages to get the results today so that I can proceed with a transfer on Saturday!

Havenít left the house since EC and was feeling still a little sore yesterday on my left side. But am going to force myself to go out today and move around a little. Anyway, I do need to go and buy some liners because these progesterone pessaries are so icky!

My mum also texted me today to ask me how this cycle went and for some reason, it just irritates me. I know she means well. I havenít told her that we decided on donor sperm so Iím not sure how much she knows or has figured out. I think it irritates me because when I asked her to help pick up the medication for this cycle, she asked me why I was doing it again. Itís like she wants me to give up. She hasnít been outright unsupportive but she just drops comments here and there that makes me feel like she doesnít really want or hope that itís going to work out for me. But I also feel bad because on the flip side she has been supportive in the sense that she has helped to pick up my meds, picked me up post EC on previous cycles etc. Meanwhile, Iíve kinda tried to shut her out a little as I just donít like talking about it with her as she has a tendency to the say the wrong thing. Luckily I wonít see her face to face for a couple of months so I can sit on the text and decide what to do before texting back. And of course, if I get that all elusive BFP, all the questions will disappear (I hope!).

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 23/08/18, 16:51 »
    Day 3 post egg collection

What a roller coaster 24hours it has been. Firstly we did NOT manage to get our donorís test results yesterday even though the clinic had told DH to go back on that day to collect it. And now they are saying it will be ready on Friday. Which is far too late as due to the time difference, Iíll only get it on Saturday, the day of my transfer!!! I literally lost it! I havenít lost it like that in so long - ugly cry, so much swearing, screaming and blaming anyone and everyone! I literally did not know what to do, I was so bitter and upset about it. I have no confidence at all that we will get it by Friday. After crying myself to sleep, I woke up feeling a little better.

I have to say, DH really came through for me last night. He was concerned and patient and just let me go through the range of emotions that I had. I was grateful that he was so strong when I fell apart.

And today, I received some better news. First of all, being day 3, I got my long awaited update on my embryos and 7 of the 9 are still in the running. I have a 6A, 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B, 10B, 11A. At first I got super excited that I had more than 8 cells with a 10B and 11A but since then, Doctor Google has told me that this might be progressing too fast which is also not good. Anyway fingers crossed they all keep doing well as Iíve had them all fall apart between day 3 & 5 before. But this is the most Iíve had at this stage.

The other piece of news is my FS called and said we may be able to progress with the transfer without the donor results anyway if Iím willing to take some risk. As we donít have the results for gonorrhea and chlamydia yet, Iíd need to take an antibiotic the day of transfer - thatís seems relatively easy and Iíve been reassured it wonít impact the chances of implantation. But the more risky one is HTLV ... this is a virus thatís somewhat like AIDS. We donít have that result either yet but apparently because we went with ICSI, this already minimises the risk of it being transmitted.  I was happy to hear that I can still proceed with a fresh transfer but with a small risk. But at the same time, in the unlikely event I am infected as a result, would I regret not waiting a month? I hope that we can get the results before my transfer just to reassure me and not have to take this type of risk 😓 Another 24hours of waiting to hopefully get them if the clinic finally lives up to its promise!

I wasnít able to get through to DH to discuss what to do but Iím thinking to go ahead with the risk  😬

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 24/08/18, 14:01 »
    Day 4 post egg collection

Itís been such a stressful week. I can feel that Iím tense and stressed and I really hope that wonít impact my chances of success this cycle. I had such a mixed day ... had acupuncture today but the acupuncturist put one needle was on my ear and it really didnít feel good even after the session. It was like my ear was burning/irritated for about 1hour after so I wasnít too happy with it. As she is not open on Saturdays I had to do my pre-transfer acupuncture today but Iím kind of glad it wasnít on the actual day of the transfer. While admittedly it was relaxing to lay there and I did manage to fall asleep but I keep thinking that she may not be really doing anything that helpful and am I really just wasting my money 😬

Anyway, after that, I met up with a couple of girlfriends for dinner which was really lovely just to eat great food and catch up.

But when I arrived home, DH texted me some of the donorís results and I was so excited and happy thinking we got them all finally. Only to realise that some are still missing. Ended up having poor DH stressed and yelling at me because I started to lecture him about why he didnít check which results they gave him. But seriously, I texted him several times to tell him exactly which ones to chase up and he didnít even bother to check what had been given to him. Of course, the most important one that I really want was not there 😢

So Iím trying hard to not worry about it and take the risk to go ahead tomorrow anyway. Breathe breathe breathe!!!!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 24/08/18, 15:15 »
    Eek feeling anxious, frustrated, excited all at the same time. In 8 hours time, with some luck, Iím going to be PUPO! (Hoping at least one embie makes it to blast tomorrow).

Feeling a little frustrated and upset that DH is not picking up his phone. I would love to talk to him as we havenít really had a proper chance to talk since the last few calls have all been just shouting at each other or discussing about the donor test results. Gosh I hope our marriage can stand the test of IVF craziness. I really wish he was here for tomorrowís transfer but last time he didnít go in anyway so I guess it wonít be any different (trying to console myself).

Feeling a little anxious because since egg collection I have been eating really unhealthily and my body is feeling a few weird twinges here and there - chest pain (I think from stress), weird lower back pain and twinges still in my ovaries from the collection. Not sure if my body is in the best condition for it...

But also feeling excited because after 6 full ICSI cycles, if I do have a transfer tomorrow, it will be the first time I have ever had a fresh transfer. First time after 6 cycles!!!! Crazyyyy ....

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 25/08/18, 00:49 »
    Transfer Day - 25th August 2018

I woke up in a panic this morning having dreamt that I missed the transfer. In my dream, I was pleading and begging to let them do the transfer even though I was over an hour late but they said sorry... 😅😅😭😭 So I immediately woke up and decided not to go back to bed.

Arrived to a really quiet clinic this morning and was excited to hear I had one embryo make it to blast. 2 are early blasts and 1 is a morula. So we transferred the blast which was apparently AA grade and managed to snap a picture of the embryo for DH to see.

Super excited to be PUPO!

Already spent the entire time since the ET searching for pictures of blasts to see if they match the one I have 🙈. And, already worrying about some cramps I seem to be feeling (my tummy has been a litttle unsettled too) but fingers crossed that this little one is strong!!!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 25/08/18, 05:41 »
    Transfer Day further update

Just received a call from the lab and I have one snow baby - one of the early blasts became an expanded blast by afternoon and was also graded AA! Itís been PGDíd so fingers crossed itís ok. I have only had PGD done once before but unfortunately it was aneuploid. So Iím excited but also cautiously optimistic. (The other early blast and morula have stopped progressing).

I had no idea embryos can progress so quickly. Hope the one inside me also has progressed to be a hatching blast!

This is the best cycle I have had so far - Iíve never had 2 blasts on day 5 before!!! Fingers crossed this one sticks!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 25/08/18, 13:14 »
    This 2WW is going to be soooo long. Iím going crazy already and Iím still on day 0! 😂😂😂 I love having a photo of the embryo that was transferred but it is also driving me cray cray. Itís just that it doesnít look like a full blast when I compare to other pictures and it also has a small part of it that looks like it is protruding (like a little lump). Iím hopeful it means that it was starting to hatch but surely the FS/scientist would have said something about that when the image came up on the screen. I wanted to ask but I didnít and am totally regretting it now.

My FS did say that it looks like a textbook embryo but when I compare it, it really doesnít look the same. And because it wasnít even an expanded blast yet, Iím not sure how it could possibly be hatching so Iím really not sure why it has the lump of cells on the side.

So I am driving myself a little crazy comparing pictures and also researching statistics on likelihood of pregnancy. Iím so scared there will be something wrong with the chromosomes because of my previous PGD result.

Anyway, basically spent the day in bed. I know you donít need to but because Iíve felt a little crampy on and off, thought it would be best to stay warm and tucked in.

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 26/08/18, 01:42 »
    1dp5dt

Yay, so happy I can say Iím 1 day post transfer 😅😂. Yesterday was like the longest day ever.  But I was generally in a very happy state. I had such a great sleep last night too. I slept for 9 hours! 😭

No symptoms today and generally feeling good. I had some cramps this morning in bed and told myself it was implantation cramping but I really think I just was over thinking different sensations and psychologically felt the cramping rather than having real ones 😂.

I love being PUPO ... Iím trying to enjoy it as much as possible even though in the back of my mind Iím also scared. For some reason, it feels like the embryo is not there anymore. Last cycle, I remember I thought I could Ďfeelí that the embryo was there but after 3 days the feeling disappeared. This time, from the moment my FS transferred it in, I wasnít sure it was inside. I guess because we were having some trouble with the ultrasound to see where the catheter was so I wasnít sure it was all in the right place.

Anyway, I really hope my little embie is growing inside!! Staying at home again today 😄