* Author Topic: ICSI #6 (BFN, 1 PGD normal frostie), onto ICSI #7 (BFP!!!! + 1 frostie)  (Read 18325 times)

0 Members

Offline Lanee

modify
ICSI Cycle #6 (BFN, 1 PGD normal frostie), onto ICSI #7
« Reply #50 on: 24/10/18, 08:07 »
Just got the call from the lab - 5 eggs were mature when they were collected and 7 of them in the lab. Fingers crossed they all fertilise tomorrow.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 25/10/18, 06:38 »
    Cycle 7 - Day 1 post egg collection

So 3 of the mature eggs fertilised and 4 of the late maturing eggs fertilised - 7 in the running! But based on my past experience, the late maturing ones are not so good. So my FS still wants to proceed with a day 5 transfer but I have insisted on transferring 2 on day 3. She is willing to try it but not sure she is really happy about it. She definitely recommends a day 5 transfer but I just want to try something different and I have a feeling my eggs donít really love the embryo culture at the lab.

So in 2 days, Iím going to be PUPO! So exciting ... but at the same time I canít help but feel it may not work. I need to stay positive. I guess if I am honest, Iím scared that it may not work so Iím not allowing myself to believe it. But super exciting to be doing something different! Fingers crossed for a different outcome!!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 26/10/18, 14:48 »
    Cycle 7 - day 2 post egg collection

Super excited for my transfer tomorrow!!! Iím feeling more positive but at the same time anxious. I have a full day tomorrow as two of my close friends are in town and we have a day of shopping and dinner planned. Because they donít know Iím having the transfer, itís been hard to say no and I have a wedding on Sunday and need to go shopping for the outfit anyway. So feeling a little anxious that this is going to be all too much.

But I keep telling myself, women fall pregnant all the time going about their daily lives. Last time around I stayed at home for a whole week and it didnít help my AA blast stick so I guess if itís going to stick, it will.

Fingers crossed for what weíre calling ďthe twinniesĒ tomorrow!!!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 28/10/18, 00:37 »
    1dp3dt

Yay! The twinnies are on board. Transfer was a little more sore than usual yesterday but I was so happy to see them as a little white dot on the ultrasound screen inside me and managed to snap a photo of them under the microscope for DH.

My FS was a little rude and unhappy with me yesterday as she is still not happy with my ďtheoryĒ that the embryos from the late maturing eggs are not as great quality.

In the morning, the embryologist called me to give me the run down. From the mature eggs, I had
    9A - now on board
    8B - now on board
    6B

From the late maturing eggs, I had
    10A
    9B
    8B
    5C

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with the grades as I usually get more A grades. So the 9A was a no brainer to transfer but I wasnít sure whether to go with the 10A or the 8B. But I thought the 10A might be a little too advanced (in the past I had an 11A that didnít make it to day 5) and so I chose the 8B. The embryologist said that I could still discuss it with my FS when I arrived. When I did arrive, my FS said, she would have waited to day 5 to decide and if she had to choose, she wouldnít have picked the same two as I did and would have definitely chosen the 10A. I wanted to think about it .. but she was all abrupt and said, anyway, we are going with what you want and we canít change now .. thatís why the embryologist called you. 😠

Iím worried about little 8B twinnie as none of my B grade embryos have ever made it to day 5. But I read online that so many ladies have had not good grade embryos become a healthy baby so I hope that will be the case for me. I kinda have my heart on having healthy twins now but the reality is that if we have one healthy baby we would be super over the moon about that.

I didnít rest much yesterday though because I havenít told my mum about the transfer and she wanted to go shopping straight after. I could feel a bit of cramping so we shopped for a couple of hours and then I came home and napped before meeting some friends for dinner. I hope I didnít overdo it but I did read that gentle walking can help and the day 3 embies wonít be ready to implant yet anyway.

Have a wedding to go to today! Will try and stay seated as much as possible but in the meantime I need to go shopping for some last minute wardrobe issues 😂

Grow twinnies grow! We love you already!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 28/10/18, 14:44 »
    End of 1 very long 1dp3dt

What a day, spent the evening at my friendís beautiful wedding. Was gorgeous! But Iím totally exhausted and Iíve put the twinnies through a lot the past 2 days.

I rushed around all day shopping last minute for shoes, a handbag and earrings for the wedding. And because the store didnít have my shoe size, I had to rush to another location to buy it there. So lots of walking and my tummy is feeling a little crampy now. Really hope the twinnies are doing ok and still growing.

At the wedding reception, it was hard to avoid certain foods like raw beef! Soft white cheeses (yum!) and a few sips of red wine. Iím hoping because the twinnies would not have implanted yet that itís ok ...

So a long long day ... nothing like last cycle where I basically cocooned at home for a few days after. Well, hopefully I will get a different result this time around.

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 29/10/18, 03:45 »
    2dp3dt

What? Is it only 2 days post transfer? Feels way longer and if I had of proceeded with a 5 day transfer, it would have been today. Had a crazy morning though ... I left home and forgot to put a progesterone pessary into my bag and only realised when my reminder alarm went off. I went into a mild panic ... ok... it was really a crazy panic but managed to buy some more even though the nurse said it would be perfectly fine to wait until I got home later in the day. Iíve just not been resting and had the sneaky wine/soft cheese so I didnít want to also
    miss the progesterone too and feel like I completely stuffed up this cycle. So that was a total stress out ... really feel like Iíve had a lot of stresses this cycle. Not great 😔

But on a positive note, had the day 5 update for my other embryos and was super surprised with the results:

From the mature eggs, the remaining 6B progressed to a morula and will be kept until tomorrow. Not super hopeful for it but will be a bonus if it does progress.

From the late maturing eggs, the surprise of the day was that the 9B became a hatching blast, graded AA! Iím so surprised, this is the first time a day 3 B grade embie has actually improved by day 5 and my theory that my late maturing eggs are not good quality has been completely blown out of the water. So my fighting expanded blast has been PGDíd and Iíll find out if it is genetically normal in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

I also have another 8B which became an early blast but seems like it doesnít have many cells so thatís not looking good but they will hold it until tomorrow anyway.

So hoping the 9A and 8B inside me are progressing well too and I can have a little miracle. My mind is spinning with what to do next because I just spent the morning at a different clinic exploring options for next steps in case this cycle doesnít work. Iím a total planner so I like to know what is going to happen next.

Now Iím unsure if I would want to switch clinics for my next cycle because it seems like Iím gradually progressing in the right direction. Fingers crossed that I wonít have to think about this and that the twinnies implant and are healthy!

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 30/10/18, 08:31 »
    3dp3dt

Of the two embies that were left until day 6, the morula didnít progress further and the early blast because an expanded blast but not suitable to freeze (I think it was rated a CC). So only one day 5 frostie this cycle and waiting for the PGD results.

Meanwhile I had a really stressful day today. Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed but I was just super anxious and stressed all day. Snapped at DH to ensure we left home on time, snapped at him and felt anxious on the entire way to work and then lost it again at DH on the way home... this time was for a legit reason given he agreed to carry a 9kg parcel for someone on our flight home and I just donít carry anything for anyone when it comes to flights, let alone a huge heavy parcel. Plus, we are flying a budget airline so we donít even have any luggage weight to spare.

So I really hope the twinnies are doing ok and still growing and sticking. This has been the most stressful time post transfer for any of my cycles. 😔

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 1/11/18, 00:06 »
    5dp3dt

Could time be passing by any slower? I canít believe Iím the equivalent of 3dp5dt. Yesterday we flew back home and I didnít feel any major symptoms. I felt like my back was a little sore like before my period arrives but that could just be from sitting on the plane 😅. TMI but my nipples were also a little itchy last night but again that might be from the dryness on the plane. I had a few twinges here and there too yesterday.

But this morning, woke up and my boobs are not really sore, I felt like I had some period like heaviness/mild cramping but thatís gone now. At least Iím back in the office today which will help time fly by. Hope the twinnies are growing strong in there.

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 1/11/18, 10:36 »
    Still 5dp3dt

Finished my first day back in the office after 2 weeks of working from home and boy was it tough to be back. Have felt a little emotional today, not sure if it is my hormones or just tiredness from travel.  That heavy feeling in my belly is back and Iíve noticed a different sensation from time to time. Really hoping itís a positive sign and not a sign that AF is about to arrive.

Really struggling to count down the days. This 2WW is the worst 😅😅

DH woke up and the first thing he asked was ďhow are the twinniesĒ - made me smile ... really hope this will be a reality soon and we will have a healthy baby (or babies!)

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 2/11/18, 09:59 »
    6dp3dt

Boy oh boy! I have had a horrible day. I woke up at 5am with an uncontrollable need to pee. Having never had a UTI that I can remember (maybe when I was little) google helped to diagnose me 😅. DH thought it may be a positive sign which I was hopeful of ...but as the hours progressed, it got worse and worse until I was painfully peeing blood! Eek!

Straight to the doctor who prescribed me with antibiotics and a long wait for my FS to confirm if I could take it and not impact the twinnies. She said yes but Iím still worried this wonít be good for them. But given there was blood in my urine, the doctor strongly recommended I take the antibiotics as did the nurses at the IVF clinic.

Been feeling out of sorts all day with a strong headache too - trying not to take any panadol as I donít want to take more medication but might have to succumb as two naps havenít managed to sleep it off. Have been feeling twinges and light cramping in my tummy... hoping it is implantation pain but might just be from the UTI. The only other symptom I can feel is my boobs are a little tender to touch and one of my nipples is itchy from time to time ... but my boobs definitely are not ďsoreĒ like others have described so itís likely just from progesterone or the dreaded AF 😩

Please be strong twinnies! I canít believe Iím still only at 6days post transfer. Luckily itís the weekend now so I can rest and recover.