* Author Topic: ICSI #6 (BFN, 1 PGD normal frostie), onto ICSI #7 (BFP!!!! + 1 frostie)  (Read 18329 times)

0 Members

Offline Lanee

8 weeks + 6

Felt more energetic and better overall today but still had stomach cramps from time to time. Holding out till week 10 for my next scan and blood test. Fingers crossed it will all be ok but I canít help but wonder whatís going on inside.

Had quite a bit of nausea today from lunch onwards but canít be sure whether it is from the food poisoning or whether it is morning sickness kicking in more strongly. I seriously hope itís just because my stomach is unsettled from the food poisoning.

Yes yes, Iím a total wimp and hate feeling sick! Kudos to all those ladies coping with morning sickness!! I donít know how they manage to keep their pregnancy on the downlow while feeling horrible.

Time still seems to be passing by super slowly. Canít wait to get to the end of 13 weeks and then I can tell the world Iím pregnant! 😂 (well, all of you know already so I guess the Ďworldí knows... 🤣🤣)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lanee

9 weeks + 4

Had a couple of days where my nausea got worse last week but luckily it seems to have settled again this weekend. Iíve been totally overeating (on Friday, I ate lunch twice 🤣) but the warm salty foods seem to help keep the nausea at bay.

Last night DH and I went out with his friends and I breathed in second hand smoke for about 5 hours. It was so hard as we havenít told anyone about the pregnancy so I couldnít exactly ask them to move away. So while it was nice to get out for dinner, at the same time, I was so worried for the baby and feeling bad about breathing all the smoke. Hopefully the little one is still ok.

My belly has popped a little but I think itís more because of food 🤣. We were thinking maybe we had a hidden twin in there but as the belly shrinks in the morning, itís definitely just a food baby! 😅😂

On the days Iím feeling more energised, itís starting to feel real and Iím slowly enjoying the pregnancy more. I have my Panorama and NT scan booked in for the 26th Dec which Iím really looking forward to. I will definitely feel even more positive if all things go well with that.

DH and I are still debating whether to have the baby here or back in Oz. Iím keen to stay here but it is very expensive and he is keen for me to go back to Oz but I worry if anything happens early, DH will be in the wrong country and miss the birth 😬😰 Still have quite a few months to go so letís see ...

Offline Lanee

9 weeks + 6

Omg, my belly has fully popped at night. I definitely look pregnant in the evenings which is scary since Iím only 9 weeks and this is my first baby. I am sure itís food/bloating but itís so weird to get a preview of things to come.

Iím leaning more now to having the baby in Oz as I spoke to a workmate today who told me it cost them $18000 to have a baby where I live! yikes!

My office is full of pregnancies at the moment and I just found out today, another workmate is pregnant. She is only 2-3months but because she is not feeling well at all, she had to tell us. Iíve been so tempted to let it slip 2-3 times now that I am too. As Iím not travelling this Christmas, a lot of people are surprised and Iím so tempted to explain why. But I also donít want to jinx myself so will wait until all the scans and blood work is complete. We had planned to hold out till the end of week 13 before sharing with anyone but I think we may have to reveal earlier as itís getting hard to hide my belly. As long as I get my Panorama results and the NT scan are ok, I think I may share at end of week 12 instead.

Grow well little baby! Canít wait to see you on a scan again soon....

Offline Lanee

10 weeks + 4

Time is starting to speed up a little and Iíve been feeling a little more energetic. Perhaps because I am on holidays now so I get to relax around at home all day! YAY!

I managed to go for a walk this morning and do a pilates video - the first time Iíve been feeling more active. The nauseous is much more in control (not that it was bad in first place) but I still have a huge appetite and am worried I will gain too much weight. Hopefully now that I can start walking and doing more active things again the weight gain wonít be too crazy.

I had my blood drawn last week (on 20th Dec) for the Panorama test and am hoping the results will come back within 2 weeks. It cost a bomb but I decided to do the full screening including chromsome microdeletions as I just want the peace of mind. But, I opted out of finding out the sex of the baby even though I really really want to know. DH is insistent that he doesnít want to know so I decided it was too risky to find out as someone might let it slip.

After reading online that several people had to go twice to try to get their NT scan because 11 weeks on the dot might be too early, I pushed out my scan a couple more days (to 11weeks + 2 days 😅 hoping that will be enough)  so still 5 sleeps to go! 😅 I canít wait to see this baby again just to make sure he/she is still ok and moving around etc. Itís a total catch 22 - when I feel well, I worry something has happened and Iím not pregnant anymore but when I donít feel well, I wish the nauseous would go away 😏. Totally canít win but Iím ever so grateful that I havenít had many symptoms and just hope the baby is healthy.

Itís starting to feel more and more real now ... DH and I are talking more and more about the baby 😄 Wishing everyone out there lots of positive vibes!

Offline Lanee

11 weeks + 1

Feeling so nervous as tomorrow is scan day. Both hoping the little one still has a strong heartbeat and is healthy!

Iím hoping the baby is big enough to do the nuchal translucency scan and that it is all ok as I think I will feel so much better after that.

But I know, no matter what, DH and I will get through it together. Fingers crossed for us tomorrow!!!!!

Offline Lanee

11 weeks + 2

Yay! Scan went well today and it was so awesome to see the little baby wriggling around. I was so nervous, I couldnít sleep properly last night and felt so nervous all the way to the scan. But as soon as I saw the baby, he/she was wriggling all over the place. Stretching out and then curling up and turning around.

The nuchal translucency measurement was 1.1mm and the little heart was beating like crazy 175bpm! And the baby was measuring spot on for 11 weeks + 2 days.

So relieved! Now to wait for the NIPT results and then we should be able to feel more relaxed.

Still feeling a little nauseous here and there ... hopefully the feeling goes away completely soon. As Iím on holidays, Iíve been having a nap every day! No idea how Iím going to get back into the swing of work next week 😨

Offline Lanee

13 weeks + 2

Happy New Year! Itís been an eventful 2 weeks.

It was so nice to have a week and a half off work over Christmas - I felt a little more energy and managed to walk and go swimming which was nice.

But by 12 weeks, my belly fully popped and my clothes donít do up anymore. Eek! Think Iím going to be huge as most people donít pop until later for their first baby (and I have a retroverted uterus which means Iím supposed to pop later too). Guess I donít really have any stomach muscles 🤣 and Iíve been eating a lot. I canít help myself - even though Iím not supposed to eat more, I just keep eating. My mum even mentioned to DH that she had noticed me eating a lot more 😅😅

I also got my Panorama results back and luckily everything came back low risk. So feeling more confident now about the pregnancy.

Last weekend I finally shared the news with my brother & niece who is 6. She is sooo excited! Kept saying cute things like - the baby eats what you eat because it catches your food in your belly. And donít eat fish because I donít think the baby likes fish. She also tried to listen to my belly but said she couldnít hear anything! And when we asked if she wanted the baby to be a boy or a girl, she said Ēdefinitely a boy!Ē It was so cute and is making me enjoy the pregnancy more and making me more excited about this.

I also finally shared with a few friends as well and they are all so excited for us. They dished lots of advice (which I need).

I was really trying to wait until 16 or 20 weeks for my next scan but Iím meeting a different OB next week so I have decided that if he offers a scan, Iím definitely going to do it. I just canít wait to see this baby wriggling around again and I keep worrying about whether it is healthy so want to see on screen again.

With so many past IVF failures, I donít want to assume everything will be ok. But I certainly hope so. Iím totally crazy anxious though. Whenever I need to poopy (sorry TMI), Iím scared Iíll push the baby out. I know itís irrational but I canít help it. And the other night, I went to pee and heard a funny sound and my heart skipped a beat and I had to quickly check the toilet and make sure the baby didnít fall out. I know itís so stupid but the thought just immediately pops in my mind and then a couple seconds later Iím telling myself like ... ďyou are crazy!Ē

Anyway, plan to finally tell my boss on Monday. Canít wait to get it in the open coz itís hard to hide my bump now 😅. Hopefully it goes ok!

Offline Lanee

14weeks

It's been a fun week! I updated my boss and my team on Monday and it's so nice to have it out in the open now. I don't need to hide my belly (which is actually pretty big now) and it's easier to get to work late if I'm feeling tired in the morning with the team knowing why. I had planned to hold out one more week but with my growing belly, it was getting hard to hide! And I found out that at the end of last week, several people had been asking each other if I was pregnant, so I guess it was getting obvious!

But it's also been a bit of a stressful week. My mum in particular is getting on my nerves but I'm feeling pulled in all different directions. My parents and DH both have an opinion about where I should give birth (each wanting a different location of course!) and my mum is being very over-mothering. She's commenting and stressing about everything on my behalf - from the food I eat...to the clothes I wear. It's frustrating and overwhelming and is taking away the enjoyment of just being pregnant. Honestly, I can't wait for my parents to go back to Oz just to have some space.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting with the OB I think I may want to go with if I stay here to give birth and I'm really excited to have a scan to see the baby! In the back of my mind (actually, still very top of mind), there is always still a worry that the baby is not ok even though my NIPT and 11wk scan were ok. So it will be good to see the baby and just reassure myself!

Broadly speaking, I'm feeling more energy now but still tired from time to time. Nausea has completely gone which is great! I've been so lucky with that and am feeling pretty 'normal' and good now. Managing to continue doing some light exercise (walking) from time to time and did a pilates class tonight - I'm hoping to start being more regular to exercise 3-4 times per week as I realised how weak I am and want to build some strength for the birth! TMI but a reality of pregnancy ... I am getting occasional days where I feel a little constipated but with prunes now being my best friend, it's been ok.

I also have some really bad rashes on my legs - probably for the past 3 weeks now so hope to get the doctor to look at it next week. Apart from that, I have nothing to complain about and both DH and I are starting to feel excited about this baby!!

Offline Lanee

16 weeks

I had my OB appointment 2 weeks ago and he did the fastest scan ever - we didnít get to film it or really see the baby move but we did get the image printed out and I love looking at it. We have placed it on the bedside table next to DH and it is so exciting to see it as a reminder that we are really having a baby.

The last 2 weeks Iíve gained quite a bit of weight. Last week I was in Thailand for work and ate so much I gained over 1kg in 1 week. It was a good trip though even though I was exhausted from work. Took a day off to laze in the hotel pool with DH who joined me for part of the trip. Really really enjoyed being in the water!

This week, Iíve been feeling pretty good - the rash is still there on my legs but seems manageable and apart from feeling hungry, I donít really have any pregnancy symptoms... in fact, when Iím busy at work, I forget that Iím pregnant. But my belly is sticking out a lot already so Iím a little worried about how big I will get and have had to switch to a new wardrobe already.

In fact, my belly has expanded so much that my belly button has suddenly stretched out and become shallow ... I noticed it for the first time yesterday and DH had fun laughing at it today. Iíve also noticed my bum is much bigger - pants are tight around my bum which is not fun.

I think Iíve felt the baby moving yesterday and one day towards the end of last week - but Iím not 100% sure. It makes me super excited though and itís fun to lie there hoping that I will feel something.

Counting down until our 20 week scan!

Offline Lanee

17 weeks + 3

Had food poisoning yesterday 😢 second time already this pregnancy and seriously was worried when the cramping and pain started. I just wasnít sure if something was wrong with the baby and was getting so worried in bed. But eventually, the food poisoning hit properly which like a crazy person was a relief for me. The last 2 bouts of poisoning have been really painful - I struggled with the painful cramps and Iím guessing labour pains are going to be a thousand times worse so feeling scared about how Iím going to get through it. Am trying to find a hypnobirthing class to attend prior but havenít had much luck with that yet.

My belly is huge considering Iím only 17 weeks and none of my clothes really fit anymore so my wardrobe consists of about 5 items that I bought more recently. My boobs which didnít really get much bigger in the first trimester are now much much bigger and I feel like Iím busting out of all my tops 😅. DH cracked me up tonight as he has really noticed and was eyeing me ... I said ďwhat?!! My boobs??Ē And he grinned and said, ďyeah, before my hands were like this to get around them...Ē (making a small gesture with his hands) ďand now they are like thisĒ (making much bigger gesture like he was holding a melon in his hands) 🤣🤣🤣.

Iím also more firm about going back to Oz to give birth. Iíve chosen a new OB who sounds great and has great reviews and the hospital looks good too. Now I just need to find the right time to ask my boss to see if I can work a month or so from Sydney. Going to head back in early March to get things sorted and meet the OB and do a hospital tour.

Iím having major baby brain though - forgetful and confused at times 😏 A small price to pay I suppose considering Iíve been really lucky with morning sickness. But I still get days where Iím really fatigued but this week, managed to go for a walk a couple times and have pilates tomorrow so trying to get into a more regular routine to get a little fitter ahead of the birth.

My only other major symptom had been a bad rash that I had for several weeks and itís finally healing! The big difference was using an extra virgin coconut oil as my body moisturiser ... hopefully it also doubles to help prevent stretch marks since I seem to be expanding rather quickly.

Anyway, off to chill out. Happy weekend everyone!