* Author Topic: Carpe ovum (seize the egg) - sibling journey (ICSI cycle 2 w/ PGS = baby boy!)  (Read 16541 times)

0 Members

Offline Liz3511

Another scan tomorrow, this time at the recurrent miscarriage unit. Fingers, toes etc. crossed. I am feeling a bit ill, which is reassuring.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Liz3511

Scans okay so far - am 7+6 today - although the sonographer spotted a subchorionic haematoma last Friday which has terrified me completely. She spotted it transabdominally whereas yesterday, via a transvaginal scan, a sonographer at a different hospital couldn't see any sign of one? Completely confused. Optimistic husband thinks it has resolved whereas I think it was probably just a different angle. Will find out more at a transabdominal scan this Friday but, my God, this is hard and stressful.

Trying to stay off feet as much as possible which is both extremely inconvenient and boring. And also not proven to make a difference ... but at this point I'll try anything.

Offline Liz3511

Going for another transabdominal scan today (8+2). Please, please let the haematoma have not grown :(

Offline Liz3511

Bizarrely, sonographer could not find the haematoma. I had a scan on Monday (3 days after the initial finding of a sch) and that sonographer also could not see it BUT that was a transvaginal scan so I'd assumed just wrong angle.

How odd. I'm v grateful but concerned it's just hiding somewhere, waiting to pounce!

Early pregnancy is such a headf*ck.

Offline Liz3511

Should be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Trying to wean myself off the frequent scans ... perhaps if we get to 12 weeks! On Monday (8+5) embryo measured 9 weeks and again no SCH visible. Consultant said I can go back on aspirin but I'm nervous.

Offline Liz3511

Measuring 9+4 at 9+2 today and for the first time, saw little limb buds wiggle and feet move.

I am incredibly grateful that this might - just might - be okay.

I also still feel really rough. The evenings are the worst because I have to get the others to bed, make dinner and catch up with work ahead of the next day. My sense of smell is in overdrive and everything in my house / car / office / shops smells awful and triggers nausea. I am thankful that the symptoms are there, but it's often not possible to feel thankful for every grim minute of the worst bits.

Have to book in with the midwife next week. These are always difficult conversations as I don't have a simple obstetric history. I also think that I may have to explain what PGS is and P thinks that the midwife will be freaked out by the range of medication I am on. I might as well write 'high risk' across my forehead ahead of the appointment - may save some time. I don't want to be given the pregnancy notes yet - it just feels far, far too soon - but if I delayed any further I risked not receiving an NHS nuchal scan booking in the correct window.

If I get to 11 weeks, I am going to think about buying a doppler. My old one, which lasted 3 pregnancies, has finally given up the ghost.

Offline Liz3511

Literally about to book with midwife (appointment is 11.15). Feeling like I will be jinxing myself as soon as I do (irrational).

Offline Liz3511

Booked in with midwife on Tues, now (Thurs) feel like symptoms have faded somewhat. Still definitely there but a bit muted ... hoping it's just the hcg levelling off, but I have a scan tomorrow evening to see if it does mean something bad.

Offline Liz3511

Still pregnant - 10 weeks 4 days today, scan showed fetus measuring slightly ahead of dates. Because I was measuring 10+6 the sonographer measured the NT for me (unofficially) and it looks reasonable for the gestation.

I just want to get to the 'comfortable' zone but I don't know if it exists and if it does, I can't remember when it is!

Offline Liz3511

Had NHS 12 week scan and NT measurement on Tuesday. NT is 1.4mm which seems fine, just got to hope that the bloods come back okay (because of my history of pre-eclampsia and R's small placenta, I'm always concerned about the PAPP-A in particular).

Measuring on track - baby was slightly awkwardly positioned but a bit of tilting eventually convinced them to move to a better place.

Am 12+1 today. If we get that far, plan to tell the other children at 24 weeks.

Starting to wean off the medication - dropped from 2 to 1 lubion per day, and from 4 to 3 estradiol. I definitely won't miss that extra lubion! I would like to stay on cyclogest until much further in the pregnancy though as I think there's some decent evidence that it may help reduce the odds of preterm labour (which I have experienced in the past).  Hopefully I can find someone to prescribe it as it's not fair to keep asking my IVF clinic!