* Author Topic: Carpe ovum (seize the egg) - sibling journey (ICSI cycle 2 w/ PGS = baby boy!)  (Read 16356 times)

0 Members

Offline Liz3511

Hurrah, marking and exam boards are over! Pity my motivation to do all of the work that has piled up in the meantime is nil.

22+4 days today, so about 10 to go until potential viability. Everything crossed still!

Feeling movement several times per day now, although that gives yet another thing to be paranoid about ...

I have moved hospitals for antenatal care to the larger university teaching hospital closer to my work. The consultant and team are really great - just hope (assuming I get this far) I can get to the hospital in time for birth, rather than having to go to my closer district general. We are discussing induction at 37 weeks to ensure that the birth takes place in a controlled manner given all of the concomitant complications ... feels like decades away still!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Liz3511

Just a quick update - still pregnant, now at 25+4, and been AWOL because I suddenly got a horrible sinus infection that caused excruciating facial, periorbital and dental pain and pressure. It was precisely the problem that arose when I was on humira from ARGC and unfortunately my doctor agrees that it has now left a lifetime vulnerability to infections there, probably with bone damage. This really isn't something that ARGC warn you about!

The left hand side of my face swelled up like a balloon, bright red and very hot. So hard to deal with it without taking things like ibuprofen - the only thing that has eventually helped is a long course of broad spectrum antibiotics since there were concerns that the infection had spread to my cheekbone and could progress to my brain.

Still so disappointed that I gave way to the unproven immunes treatments promoted by ARGC. My case may be rare but clearly there was a pre-existing infection there that the immune suppression allowed to really flourish and do significant, permanent damage.

Anyhow, I still don't have a symmetrical smile due to residual swelling but am otherwise feeling much better and able to work again properly, and as far as I know baby has come through everything unscathed. Can't believe that we're not actually too far off the 3rd trimester now ...

Offline Liz3511

Now 28+4 - I seem to update on Saturdays! In the 3rd tri now but still distinctly nervous about anything / everything (too much movement? too little? GBS? , whilst at the same time having to start actual planning for things like mat leave, covering teaching, liaising with research funders, considering a buggy, new car etc. I feel like a massive fraud to be honest - everyone else is proceeding as if I will get a baby at the end of this whereas I'm just waiting for the blow to fall.

However, every time baby moves I try to send him love and encouragement (silently or, if I'm on my own, out loud). Regardless of how long I have him for, I want him to know love as much as he possibly can ... how wanted and valued and cared for he is. I figure, regardless of my anxiety and paranoia, it's the right thing to do.

Offline Liz3511

He's here!

Thomas, born 4 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia, weighing 5lb13oz on 25th September.

Rapid, intense, induced vaginal delivery.

We are very much in love  :)

Offline Liz3511

A photo to share ...