* Author Topic: Carpe ovum (seize the egg) - sibling journey (ICSI cycle 2 w/ PGS = baby boy!)  (Read 16573 times)

0 Members

Online Liz3511

Booked to go to clinic tomorrow for scan - huge logistical matter and extra childcare not cheap but needs must.

Simple Online Pharmacy just got back to me (or rather, I rang them to follow up!) and informed me that they can't find lubion anywhere and would need an alternative. Um, I don't think there is an alternative. I rang the clinic and they are trying to sort out a supplier for me - very nice of them. Fingers crossed they succeed!

Scan is at 2.45pm so hoping to get a lot of work done on the train / whilst waiting tomorrow...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Liz3511

FET cycle is on!

Scan today showed lining just under 5mm but lots of blood in uterus so hard to get definite measurement. Consultant (not one I'd seen before, but very nice) said it looked textbook and remarked that I must have heavy periods. Um, yes! I can easily get anaemic from them, and I eat plenty of iron.

No need for a blood test but my left ovary was looking like it was waking up to choose a follicle (nothing over 8mm but there were a few of them!) so started oestrogen today as soon as I left the appointment. Back for my next lining scan at the clinic on the 29th, although I might try to fit in one locally before that to see how everything is doing ...

Despite everything, I feel a bit excited ;)

Online Liz3511

Oh and meant to say - embryo grades that were euploid are 4aa, 4ab, 4ab, 4ba (the first 3 are day 5, the last is day 6 I think).

Online Liz3511

Next scan will be the 29th - that will be day 12 of taking estradiol. I'm not sure how on earth I'm going to fit the transfer around my teaching - hoping we can time the progesterone so that the transfer is on the 5th Feb. May try and travel down on the Monday after my lecture finishes at 1pm, stay with friends, transfer on Tuesday, travel back Wednesday morning and teach at midday ...! This seems to be the least disruptive way of doing it.

Online Liz3511

Nope, am teaching at 10am on the Weds. Damn! Okay, back to the drawing board. This transfer has to happen one way or another!

I'm just really glad I don't have to fly to Greece for this one  ;D

Online Liz3511

Okay, I think I have everything organised. Will travel to London on the Sunday, hopefully transfer early on the Monday 4th, travel back at a leisurely pace later on the Tuesday. Have rearranged Monday teaching. Of course, this all depends on my lining playing ball (please play ball, lining!!!).

Estradiol is making me insanely emotional, and tired. I think I've teared up about 10 times per day over various silly things on the internet ... generally 'heart-warming' rather than tragic, but I feel a bit unhinged! I have some EWCM but not quite as much as I'd expect ... so am worried that lining will not be growing properly. On the other hand, it is approx 10 days before an embryo would be transferred so maybe it is not yet time to panic.

I wonder what the chances are that all 4 will fail? I wonder whether any will fail to thaw / wake up after thawing? Should I be asking them to put 2 back? My gut instinct says no because if there's something wrong with my endometrium etc. then best to find out and still have some embryos left to transfer ... but the increased odds of successs with 2 blasts are mightily tempting when all I want is for this whole process to be over...

Online Liz3511

Lining scan tomorrow. Really hoping it looks okay and that I therefore haven't reorganised my teaching for no reason.

Finding it very hard to believe that anything is actually happening - I have some EWCM but not absolutely tons, like in my fresh cycle. However, my estrogen was up to 26,000 so I suppose I can't expect similar levels!

Haven't done anything particular with diet for the FET. The odd cup of red raspberry leaf tea, vitamin E & D supplements and high dose omega 3 to potentially stifle the cytokines!

I also need to collect my intralipids from the post office and get P to give me a drip of them in the next day or so. I'm not a huge fan of having them neat (had it at serum, and had a really odd taste in my mouth - very peanut-y) but needs must and I couldn't find the bags of saline anywhere in a chemist. We do have syringes of saline to wash through though.

Dreading the 2ww already. I am going to be overthinking everything I say and do, particularly with my current schedule. The only thing I'm doing is radically scaling back my gym-use during the 2ww.

I 'know' this isn't going to work. Why do I let myself hope? It's the hope that hurts - and everybody else's bloody optimism! - if I knew that it was just going through the motions then it would somehow seem better.

Online Liz3511

Lining has behaved - currently around 12mm thick. So I start progesterone tomorrow and transfer should be Monday.

I feel like I'm getting cold - hope this doesn't mean that my immune system is doing unwelcome things. Also have a mouth ulcer and a reaction under my wedding ring. Hoping the intralipid on Wednesday will dampen things down - I am loath to use prednisolone without a documented good reason.

Consultant is extremely optimistic. As an inveterate pessimist (about fertility; I'm actually a very positive person!) I never know how to react in such circumstances - nod and smile ...

Time to book train tickets for next week then  :)

Online Liz3511

First lubion injection this morning! Did it when already late for the train - never a good start - then realised that pharmasure hadn't included the 'drawing up' needle, just the tiny ones for administering it. Fortunately I have some of the bigger needles left from the stimms injections so was able to find one of those and then swap it for the smaller subcut needle before jabbing myself.

It didn't hurt going in at all, but my goodness 10 minutes later I developed a sore lump which is still painful now. Tomorrow, I am going to take the time to massage the spot after injecting to see if I can disperse it a bit.

Of course, I am fundamentally just glad that I'm not using an IM form of progesterone - lubion may be costly but definitely worth it. Also must remember to use cyclogest pessary PV tonight.

Today was 'day zero' - so Saturday will be day 3, and Monday will be day 5. I wonder whether it matters when, exactly, on Monday they will do the transfer? I think I will be fitted around the egg collections, which tend to be in the morning, so probably pm at some point.

So grateful to my friend from uni for putting me up for 2 nights. She is hugely pregnant with her first baby at the moment but definitely not one of those irritating pregnant folks i.e. she has a degree of self-awareness and happily talks about a huge range of other subjects as well as the baby. Although there is the odd flash of sadness, mostly I'm just excited for them. I have a couple of books in mind for them and a playmat - of course, now Amazon keeps advertising baby things based on my recent purchases :( - I'm going to have to try to change the settings somehow.

Online Liz3511

The last two lubion injections have been much less sore, so I think my technique may be improving. Very bizarre to think that they will transfer on Monday. I have to ring after 4pm today to find out when the appointment will be - I'm hoping for an afternoon slot.

Bought books on breastfeeding and birth for my friend, plus a lovely playmat for her baby. It has a musical star which is really similar to one we had when our children were little. Very bittersweet but they all loved that mat and I want to give her gifts that have meaning and love behind them. And then I quickly erased bits of my amazon history so it doesn't plague me with birth-related side-bar adverts / suggested products ;D

DH remains fairly convinced that this will work, if not for this transfer than in due course. I am just terrified about the possible let down / trauma to come. I asked him last night which one of us is delusional and he pointed out (nicely) that as a psychologist I should be able to figure that out for myself.

It's fairly snowy where I am - not deep, but certainly enough to make our road difficult to drive along. So I have worked from home but I am about to take myself out for a brisk walk along the riverbank to see the cathedral in the snow.