* Author Topic: Carpe ovum (seize the egg) - sibling journey (ICSI cycle 2 w/ PGS = baby boy!)  (Read 16574 times)

0 Members

Online Liz3511

PS - I have not managed to collect the intralipid from the post-office delivery depot yet, so I suspect we will just not use it this cycle and see what happens. P cheerfully pointed out that he thinks it's b*llocks anyway, so there's that.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Liz3511

So much snow here at the moment - lovely, and we now have some recently-built snow-people in our garden (various forms and genders!). The kids are so, so happy with the snow. I love how they play together reasonably happily and look out for each-other.

Train to London tomorrow is about 1.30pm. Must remember to take all meds with me and download enough work to keep me busy on the train in both directions ...

Still feels very surreal. Suspect the nerves will kick in on Monday morning when I wake up. Really hope that my lining has done what it should under the influence of progesterone!

Online Liz3511

Am in London at friends' house, drinking tea and tinkering with lectures / catching up with gossip. Really crampy and uncomfortable already (I assume that's the progesterone) - I'm writing this down so I don't allow myself to imagine it's a symptom of anything. Breasts are semi-sore, maybe slightly larger than usual. A bit bloated. Obviously this description makes me sound incredibly attractive ;)

Really hoping that all goes really smoothly tomorrow and it isn't as uncomfortable as the transfers at Serum.

I have no idea what I'm going to do about pregnancy testing. I would like to properly wait, because I hate the early days of squinting, but the question is whether I have that degree of self-control or not! I'll ask the clinic about when they would recommend getting a beta sorted out - I don't suppose I'll resist the urge to POAS before then, but perhaps will try to do it as close to the recommended date as possible. I know that if I get pregnant, I will be anxious as anything, so perhaps it's best to just put off knowing until the very last minute...

Online Liz3511

Transfer done yesterday - 4aa blast although I think it was a stage 5 for the transfer (once thawed it re-expanded and then started hatching out of its shell). The embryologist showed me an image of it on a screen. Catheter went in - one really uncomfortable poke but otherwise fine; I'm beginning to think that it always feels like that when a catheter goes into my cervix. My bladder should really have been fuller, in retrospect.

The nurse doing the scanning was in training so I think she was having a much harder day than me - at one point the Dr asked her to remove the outer cover from the catheter with the embryo in it and she said no several times because she hadn't done it before! I felt like telling her to get on with it so the embryo could be put inside me as fast as possible, but just made supportive noises instead. Really hope that this hasn't jeopardised everything though :-\ - I would like to email them to ask whether there is a risk the embryo might have got too cold during this time, but I don't want to sound like I'm criticising the nurse ...

As for me, I feel perfectly physically normal. Even the cramping I had before transfer has gone. I am still rather constipated (thanks, progesterone!) but other than that ... nothing. Slight sore throat - scratchy, but glands not particularly swollen.

Emotionally ... well, I just burst into tears in the middle of Kings Cross station. Whilst in the queue to buy a Cafe Nero toastie, to be precise. I feel like all is lost and this will never do anything but fail and cost us money and emotional agony. So yes, perfectly sensible and rational then!!!!

It sometimes helps - a bit - to remember that I have a team behind me. I do trust my clinic, and my doctor, to do their very best and to help me get to where I want to be. I do trust God to steer my life in His direction, and he has heaped so many blessings on me already I really can't ask for more. If this doesn't work, then we will regroup and go again. Our clinic cares about us and is invested in our success. I've been through really tough times before and come out of the other side.

Online Liz3511

Okay, so this is another thing I love about the Evewell. I rang up at about 5pm yesterday as I was just so worried about the embryo/catheter thing. They arranged for the chief embryologist to call me at 8am today, and he spent 20 minutes going through it in detail, discussing my embryo and reassuring me.

I still feel pessimistic about the outcome of this round BUT now I am very reassured that the small issue in the transfer room will have made absolutely no difference whatsoever to that outcome.

Fortunately I'm back at work and run-off-my-feet busy, so just feeling more upbeat in general and happy to throw myself into other activities for the next few days.

Absolutely no symptoms at all.

Online Liz3511

It's 5dp5dt and I would usually be itching to test, but at the moment I have no compulsion to do so whatsoever. Still happily in my protected little bubble of pessimism (with a small sprinkling of hope).

I am keeping at bay any slip-ups by staying constantly very hydrated. Testing with diluted urine is pointless.

Quite a lot of cramping today but very likely to be bowels (hurrah for progesterone).

The academic papers show PGS to have approx 60-70% success rates at my age (which matches with the few UK clinics that publish their PGS results - for example, see the graphs on this page from CRGH):
    https://crgh.co.uk/pgs-aneuploidy-screening/

However, I think due to the failed FET with Serum, I am convinced that my body doesn't do well with exogenous estrogen / progesterone and so will fail. No reason.

Typically, people over-attribute success to their own actions but under-attribute failure. I guess IVF is one of those circumstances in which this is reversed because every time a cycle fails / miscarries, the only person you feel you can blame is yourself...

Online Liz3511

I cracked. BFP!

Please, please stay little one. You are loved so much already.

Online Liz3511

Tested again this morning, think line is a little darker.

How I wish I lived somewhere with easy access to same day hcg blood tests!

I will try to share a hpt picture later if I can figure put how to do so.

Online Liz3511

I have completely failed to work out how to insert a photo.

So, so scared it's all over already.

Online Liz3511

Thank you Artypants for PMing me and explaining how to insert a photo. The best I've managed is to link it below, in Imgur!
    Also thank you for the other lovely PMs from people; I will answer them individually but it's so lovely to feel that people are rooting for this embryo.

https://imgur.com/a/KhI60Iy