* Author Topic: Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9  (Read 105298 times)

0 Members

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
modify
Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9
« Reply #130 on: 5/09/18, 17:52 »
Stacey - Yaay!!! Here's hoping we'll be bump buddies  :)

Navi - Yeah, should be fine. We're just going for a few nights so trying to get away with hand luggage.

JK - Never tried it in the bath before... So sorry to hear about your seizures   ^hugme^ That must have been a tad embarrsasing with the paramedics!  ::)

Here's to 2019 being a baby year!  ^reiki^

AFM - DH has food poisoning from some mussells he ate in an Italian last night so been a bit of a day then Anna got back to say our hysto has to be moved if I want anasthetic with it but DH had booked the flights... Guess we'll just need to chalk it off... Is it best to leave booking flights 'til the last minute?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline TommieB

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 5/09/18, 20:55 »
    Laquinn: I'm sorry to hear about your husbands food poisoning, hopefully he heals up soon.  I'm also sorry to hear about the flights, as you know we lost out on money too having to make alternate plans.  Its great that they were able to get you in so quickly, Good luck!!!

I'm actually going in for a scan next week (7wk 5 days) and another at 9 weeks. Lets hope they all go well!!!

Navidavi: The meds don't take up that  much room at all and they're super light. 

I got my early scan on the NHS because my last pregnancy was ectopic. However, one of the EPU nurses didn't realise I had the scan already at 5.5 weeks and she had already booked the scan for 7 weeks. I called back to change the date and she had realised her mistake, but then she said that if I was worried she would go ahead and book me in for a "reassurance" scan at 9 weeks anyways. She was super nice and I think I just got lucky due to the confusion!!!

Offline Navidavi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 5/09/18, 21:21 »
    JK - 43 eggs is a lot! How many of those were ripe, fertilised, good for transfer?

Laquin - hope your hubby feel better soon, food poisoning is nasty!

Tommie & JK, sorry if this is a silly question...do you just call EPU up directly and refer yourself? Or does it go through the GP?

Have any of you ladies had any acupuncture done before and after the transfer? The private clinic we went to here really recommended getting acupuncture done in the run up. I don't know if that's the same as trying to relax and making sure you're not stressed or if acupuncture really does make a difference. Anna has recommended a company and the lady would even drive to a place you specify (I didn't have much luck on google), which sounds great and def stress free.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 5/09/18, 21:28 »
    Laquinn I always booked my flights ahead of time, the further ahead for me the better, as the cheaper they are. Sorry about d/h.
    Navi as the others have said, the medication isnít heavy but itís bulky, from memory about 15 boxes of progesterone, I opened mine and took out the information leaflet and could slip another strip into each box, so that helped to cut the amount down by a couple of boxes. I did acuptucfufe for both of my transfers leading up to them, when I went they didnít offer the acu, Iím having it done this time after transfer though as I think we have to lie there for an hr or two also so I thought why not. I could have probably spent that time sleeping as Iíll be having a diazepam, maybe Iíll sleep and have acu at the same time 😂

Offline TommieB

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 6/09/18, 06:24 »
    Navidavi: When I originally went to the EPU 2 years ago I was referred by the gp. However on the hospitals EPU webpage it states that you can self refer. When I got pregnant this time I called them directly.

Offline Navidavi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 6/09/18, 07:15 »
    Tommie - thank you! Your next scan must be coming up soon, so exciting!

Stacey - haha, that sounds like a great plan! And prob a good way to make use of the resting period just after the transfer!  Will you be using the accupuncturist recommended by Anna?

Thanks to all on the advice with the weights of the meds and how to make them less bulky when carrying them back!!

Hello to eoe (only took me a few weeks to figure out what eoe stands for, duh!)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 6/09/18, 07:54 »
    Navi I have aged out for zlin, I originally set this thread up back in 2013 I think it was, Iím off to dogus end of November so will be using their acupuncturist, apparently the one they use in zlin is fantastic, but they didnít have her when I went, maybe they did the last time, but not the first time.

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 6/09/18, 08:57 »
    Tommie - DH is fine today and off to work  :) Such a scunner when you lose money with the flights - I dread to think how many dud flights we've bought now... But yes, great they managed to fit us in so quickly!

That's fab you're getting extra scans and support from your EPU.

Navi - I am still wondering about accupuncture too. My last accupuncture experience was uncomfortable and unpleasant and the research is skeptical: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/may/16/acupuncture-doesnt-improve-likelihood-of-ivf-success-study-finds But I guess if it makes you relax it might help? I think it just makes me anxious  :o

Stacey - Thanks for the info about the meds! Did you do accupuncture for six weeks leading up to transfer?

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 6/09/18, 09:27 »
    Laquinn yes I was doing acu once a week, pretty much permanently before I cycled, as I was still trying with my eggs, then I just continued it, I have done any since Iíve had Bub, but I was thinking of going again in October.

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 6/09/18, 11:24 »
    Hi ladies

Laquinn what a bummer, hope he is ok though. For me flight prices didnít change whether early or late ☺️

Navi, I self referred ☺️ Ok so out of 43 we used 24, 21 mature, 19 fertilised, 17 at day 3 and 13 at day 5 and 6 frozen - 2 already transferred and 4 over there. 5 expanded 3 gr 1 and 2 gr 2 and one gr 1 blastocyst. Iím quite proud of myself actually to type that, I know other ladies have got similar results but Iím not a proven donor so was surprised!!! Zlin are picky with freezing though and Iíve never known them freeze loads because the likelihood is you will get pregnant. I dunno if thats entirely true but thatís what I think. Haha eoe took me a while 😂😂😂

Stacey ahhh that explains why I slept then!!! What is the maximum amount of Valium you can have?? I only had half a tablet??

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx