* Author Topic: Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9  (Read 105296 times)

0 Members

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
modify
Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9
« Reply #150 on: 6/09/18, 22:31 »
Stacy- do you think after i wean i should start birth control pills? And would they make my periods more predictable? How will they affect the FET? If at all? Do you stop taking them the month you are cycling? I probably will wean Julia in about two weeks. So if i just got my period do you wait til the next period to start taking them? So will that make me regular? But i will not know how many days will my cycle be until i take them for a month right?
I am bummed because i wanted everything to be the same protocol as in Juliaís cycle but i donít think i could live with the uncertainty of when will my cycle arrive or if i would get two periods in one month. The tickets now range from high 600s to mid 900 - do you fly premium economy or economy? I like the xtra leg room but maybe i should just save the $600 on both flights combined- also there was a pilot nonstop flight to Viena from Los Angeles and now there isnít - so i need to stop either in Frankfurt or Munich- which is better? I wonít be buying my ticket until i can sort out how long my cycle is which should be in October, does this sound right to you Stacy? Let me know

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 6/09/18, 23:44 »
    You start bcp on the day you start to bleed, then just carry on taking them, you need to decide on a date that you want your transfer, then work out how many days you were on estrogen the last Ike etc and just work out when to stop the pills, it can take up to 5 days to get your period after stopping them, you generally start estrogen on day 2 of your period. You may have to take the bcp for longer than a month  near the end so it will be right with the dates, your clinic should be able to send you a protocol for it all to work. I just travel the cheapest way 😂 so Iím an economy girl unless I get upgraded for free, which of course never happens ! For me I wouldnít worry about which airport the stop Iíve is theyíre all much of a muchness now.

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 7/09/18, 01:17 »
    Stacy- what is Ike? So i am giing to order bcp from ivf meds, do you order from them or do you like someone else better? If i start my next period in September i will take the bcp but how do i know how many days my cycle will be? It could be 28-34? So how do i plan without waiting for it to playout the forst month? Such as September.
    I have decided i am travelling economy too. Not Econ plus from here on

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 7/09/18, 02:04 »
    Mimi that was meant to say time, your period should arrive sometime during the sugar pill section. I get my dr to do me a script so not sure about ivf meds. Iíll post a protocol when I have time today, just going in for an appointment  right now.

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 7/09/18, 08:48 »
    JK - Anna recommended anesthestic for the hysteroscopy so I'll be getting the scratch done at the same time. If it was just the scratch I would have just gone for painkillers but it's good if they can have a good look around! I managed to do HyCosy with just painkillers. I sometimes wonder if I have silent endo as it's quite common with immune issues. I should hear back from Anna today to confirm the date for the hysteroscopy - think it's gonna be the 24th of Sep. All systems go! It looks like I'm gonna have to do heparin injections for my immunes treatment but so gonna have to get all that sorted out.

It's our wee girl's birthday's next week... I can feel the grief creeping in... We're gonna go to the beach - we scattered her ashes in the sea and feel closer to her next to the sea. Hope we get a wee bit of her back with another bubba...

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 7/09/18, 12:55 »
    Laquinn ohhh I see!!! You have lots to look forward to ☺️ Rooting around and all 😂😂😂Awww bless you, the sea is a really good idea. You are stronger than me to do that, I didnít scatter ours. Life is so unfair on people it makes me so angry I canít think about it. I donít want to be insensitive but was there a reason for her passing?? Did the doctors try anything? ? Whatís her name, or would you rather not say? Just tell me to keep my beak out if you donít want to answer I understand ☺️

We paid our storage fee today for the embryos till sept 2019. I feel bad because I feel like Iíve Ďleftí them there :(

Hello to eoe

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 7/09/18, 18:11 »
    JK - Thanks  ^hugme^ So sorry to hear about your losses. Did you get a reason for your losses? Officailly there is no reason for our loss - you think when you get to 26 weeks that everything is going to be fine but her movements just started to slow down very suddenly and they wouldn't scan me to find out why and then when they eventually did it was too late. Post mortem couldn't give us a reason, a million NHS tests on me couldn't find a reason; although I tested borderline positive for lupus in the first half of the sticky blood test. Private immunology testing found I tested strongly positive for ANAs which are associated with late loss and I'm being treated for that now. We called her Freya.

Will you have two embies transferred when you go?

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 7/09/18, 21:38 »
    Omg laquinn that is so negligent of them not to take you seriously and scan you !! Over here they reiterate if you feel that movements have slowed or changed in any way you have to come straight in, and they either scan you or put baby on a trace to check for movements, so sorry you had to deal with all of that  ^hugme^ I wasnít strong enough to scatter our babies ashes, he is in a memory box in our cupboard in amongst all the ruckus of the family, for us thatís where he belongs  :)
    Jk I think you should do the ring test, using your wedding band and some of your hair, itís the one that you do around your hand and it tells you how many children you will have and what gender. I did it when I was pregnant with Bub and it got all the kids right  :o and picked her gender then stopped, wouldnít swing anymore. I did it again with may daughter, itís showing her having a boy. Iíve just redone it, got everyone right again, and it didnít stop this time  ;)
    Mimi Iím going to work it out right now and pop back on and post, I didnít forget but we were on baby sitting duties last night  :)
    Hi to eoe  :)

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 7/09/18, 21:51 »
    Right Mimi, if you have transfer on day 20, you need to stop your bcp 25 days before the date you have chosen, period starts after 3-5 days later, ( if your period starts on day 3 after stopping, then day 4-5 take one estrogen tablet)
    Day 6 start estrogen at normal dose, continue until wk 12
    Day 15 start progesterone, continue until wk 12 , prednislone, baby aspirin, continue until you usually do
    Day 20 transfer
    Continue progesterone and estrogen until 12 wks then wean so if you want transfer on day 19 or 21 just adjust the above to suit the dates.

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 8/09/18, 08:14 »
    Stacey - Thanks  ^hugme^ It was a very cruel way for us to find out that the NHS is failing and can't cope with the demand. If we ever get that far again we will definitely go private. Were you given a reason for your late loss? We have a memory box with her shawl, footprints, handprints and pictures; hopefully one day it will be surrounded by the noise of a child or children like your house - that is a lovely thing.