* Author Topic: Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9  (Read 105155 times)

0 Members

Offline TommieB

modify
Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9
« Reply #20 on: 21/08/18, 20:44 »
I called the EPU at Addenbrookes and told them that my last pregnancy was ectopic and they told me that they only thing they would offer was a scan at 6-7 weeks. I asked about 48 hour bloods since if it were ectopic my tube could rupture by 6-7 weeks and she said that a scan is all they offer unless I start bleeding or have major symptoms.  Its pretty jacked up because 2 years ago they told me to call as soon as I got a bfp for bloods. So I'm guessing the NHS in Cambridgeshire has cut back and are now playing the odds.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 21/08/18, 20:51 »
    Tommie, thatís where fibbing comes into it, just go in or ring and say your having cramps and spotting/bleeding when itís 48 hrs or go to emergency, they donít check, they should do that for you if they said they would  ^bigbad^
    Mimi their bank will be taking some as a processing or accepting fee, it happens quite a lot of  the time. I wouldnít even bother with a bank transfer, go online and use one of the transfer companies, usually a much better rate and the first transfer is usually free.
    I did embryoscope, I think itís worth it but to be honest 500 is a rip off  :o

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 22/08/18, 02:30 »
    Tommie- congratulations!!! Wonderful news.

Jk- so i found out that my clinicís bank is charging a fee for the wire transfer. Thanks for sharing Hugoís feedings.
    When should i get the saline ultrasound? Is this month too early? Any thoughts?

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 22/08/18, 05:51 »
    Stacy- what transfe companies online? Give me some names. Also how is embryoscope helpful?

Jk- julia does not have a lovey- i keep offering one but she is not attached to a blanket or a stuffed animal and she will not take the dummie/paci.

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 22/08/18, 06:06 »
    Mimi  just google international money transfers, companies like Travelex, ofx etc. embryoscope is helpful because it allows the embryologist time lapse views of the embryos developing without them having to remove them from the incubators, so they donít get disturbed.

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 22/08/18, 07:20 »
    Hi ladies

Tommie - lie lie lie!!! Sometimes you do have to tell white lies to get where you want. My view is that if you donít - other people will and not think twice!!! Thatís how Iím wishing to get my boob job!!!!!! Seriously though Ďmakeí it an emergency... cramps, spotting etc. Cry if your a good actress and you get seen within the hour. Iím pretty good at acting though but if not just practise it before you ring

Mimi thatís weird about the fee??? You need to know how much then etc embryoscope we had for 12 and the other 12 were normal icsi. 4 of my Frosties came from normal icsi and then 2 from the embryoscope machine. Shame that Julia doesnít take to a dummy. Hugo only has his at nighttime but it does soothe him. How is Julia doing from last night?? Is the saline scan a hsg???

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 22/08/18, 10:58 »
    JK - That's us done! Looking forward to cups of tea and country walks for the next couple of weeks  ;D

Tommie - I've had hcg done at A&E before...

Mimi - I used Currencies Direct.

AFM - I've got a horrible stye in my eye!  ^eyes^ Wondering if it's hormone related... Probably just not taking my eye make-up off before bed  ::)

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 22/08/18, 11:07 »
    Ohh laquinn hope you both can walk properly 😜
    Try rubbing the sty with a good ring, thatís helps.

Offline SoJo29

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 22/08/18, 13:19 »
    Congratulations Tommie!! Thatís amazing news. Have you looked at medicecks online? Thatís where iíve ordered most of my blood tests from - mostly finger prick ones too. Itís probably about £30 for a hcg but might be worth it if you canít get anywhere to do it.

Laquinn - thanks for the advice. Dh is convinced it is dna fragmentation now but he wonít be able to get to a clinic before we go on holiday to test so will have to wait a few weeks.

Serendipity- sorry to hear about your journey. Hopefully Zlin will work their magic for you.

Mimi /JK - Zlin didnít really offer any reason as to why - said maybe sperm and egg werenít compatible- but the same thing happens with my own eggs. What are the chances dh hasnít been compatible with me and de?? They suggested the karotyping but only after me asking. They said we could try fertilising half and half next time with donor sperm and dh sperm but I really would like to know the reasons why this isnít happening first! Argh bloody unexplained fertility!!!

Stacey - yay about choosing your embryo 😊

AFM - felt a bit crampy the last 2 days so took a test this morning (OTD tomorrow) and it was BFN. We were expecting it though after the results of the embryo development - weíve been here lots of times before. We are off on holiday Friday so that was will give us a chance to relax and regroup. We will wait for the results of karotyping and will do dna fragmentation when we are back and then we will be more informed to make a decision as to what to do next. We will then email Zlin too and see what they suggest.

Hope everyone is ok 😘

Offline TommieB

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 22/08/18, 16:40 »
    Sojo:  I've looked at Medichecks, but it says that it has a 4 day turn around. So... I went ahead and booked one for this Saturday in London and since my sister in law lives there we are going to meet up for breakfast and hang out for a while.

This may sound superstitious, but I'm a little afraid to lie about symptoms, because I almost feel like I could bring them into fruition by doing so (karma). I know thats not the case, but I'd hate to tempt fate. I've told myself that Saturday will be ok, I have a calculator and in the end I'll be able to spend some quality time with my sister in law. I guess I'm doing everything late 1st beta, 4 days later than suggested and 2nd beta 5 days later.
    The EPU did promise the scan at 6-7 weeks on the phone and if they try to take it back, I'll definitely turn on the acting skills. I was a vocal performance major and have done many musicals and operas!!