* Author Topic: Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9  (Read 105151 times)

0 Members

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
modify
Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9
« Reply #70 on: 29/08/18, 03:03 »
Mimi your clinic charges a lot for embryoscope, not sure I would do it if I had to pay that much  :-\

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Serendipity2

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 29/08/18, 03:44 »
    JK: We're using DE, though it looks like my period might hit tomorrow, in which case we'll do a fresh transfer instead of freeze all.

Laquinn: We've heard people say you shouldn't travel in the first or third trimester. Of course that was years ago, before we got into the depths of IVF/etc, and we haven't revisited the concept recently. Glad to hear it's fine!

Mimi: Good luck on your upcoming cycle! I don't have enough experience yet to know if my body handles frozen or fresh differently. Hopefully it goes well with fresh.

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 29/08/18, 12:21 »
    Stacey - It'll be interesting to see how the NHS accupuncture compares if I get it...

JK - Yeah - loads of pus!  :o But it felt like such a relief to be rid of it I was like yay! there's loads of pus coming out of my eye  ;D
    Gorgeous pic of you and Hugo  :)

Mimi - That's interesting about the FET working better for you...

Serendipity - I don't think later but from what I've read on here it seems it's okay for the first trimester; my reproductive immunologist expects me to fly to London as soon as I get a bfp to have intralipids. Airlines don't let you fly when it's not safe later on in pregnancy.

AFM - Back in touch with Anna to get some dates booked in. Fingers crossed it can happen sooner rather than later  ^pray^ Feeling a bit nervous about DE tbh; DH is dead against DD and makes me wonder why DE is alright by him but not DS... Will he think a DE baby is more his than mine? Will I have problems bonding with the baby? Sorry to be a fun sponge...  ::) Did any of you ladies with DE babies have doubts before going for it?

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 29/08/18, 16:56 »
    Laquin- my husband was dead set against DD too- i wasnít; he wanted to have a genetic link to our baby- it made me nervous to only transfer 1 and I wanted to add one DD but he didnít- so i just transfered our one and only.  I was so nervous abput the cycle and just wanted it to work- so happy it did; i did not have doubts about any genetics and how i would feel. I can tell you i love this baby as much as I loved my other ones except now that i am older i donít take her for granted and i donít care not to be going out or travelling more- also i am more patient.

Stacy- i know they charge a lot but would i second guess not choosing embryoscope in the end? Have you done cycles without embryoscope? If so how did they go? Did you think the result would have been different? Ie lesser quality embryos or less embryos? What did Zlin say about whether they recommend embryoscope and why?

Serendipity- i only have done two cycles one fresh bfn nd one frozen bfp- my local fert one time consult said my clinic put me on too much estrogen and for two days too many. I donít want to risk a fresh cycle and it is hard enough to get away from work for 5 days let alone longer than that. In retrospective when i started spotting during my fresh cycle i wish now i had not transfered two perfectly good embryos as i would have my babyís full sibling still waiting. But whatís done cannot be undone. Hard lesson to learn for me. But i am moving on amd choosing to hold on to hope instead.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 29/08/18, 21:09 »
    Mimi Iím not in your head so I canít answer if you will regret not using it or not 😜 when I asked about embryoscope all my coordinator said was ok, we need to book early as we donít have many. I just read that it was better for the embryos as theyíre not disturbed and the embryologist can see them developing with the time lapse camera etc. so, you need to decide if it will leave you wondering if you should have used it, or if you donít mind spending the extra Ä500, also bearing the the embryoscope is a much cheaper option than pgd/s, not exactly the same obviously but as I said, embryoscope allows them to see how theyíre dividing and if theyíre doing it at the right time etc .

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part
    « Reply #75 on: 30/08/18, 07:43 »
    Hi ladies,

Oh Stacey I donít know if I could be that confident to take a test, you must have nerves of steel!!! We are having transfer on Monday I think and my cousin is getting married on the Saturday. John is a usher and Hugo is a page boy and I wondered whether to test that morning or wait till the Sunday?? Will it ruin the day of the wedding?? I would be 10dpo. Do Frosties take a little longer to implant??

Mimi my 6 frozen - only 2 came out of the embryoscope the other 4 were just normal. Think it all depends on the embryos tbh 👍🏻 How is Julia sleeping??

Hello to eoe

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 30/08/18, 08:41 »
    Jk you look really slim, love that Hugo has his hand down your top 😜 Iíd wait if you can, so says the serial tester 😂 only because fets can take longer to implant and have a slower hcg rise, but in saying that, I didnít experience that with my fet, got a + at 8.5 dpo with mine. I was expecting it to take a bit longer.
    Laquinn some guys have a real problem with using ds, I think itís that masculinity thing  ::) Iím lucky and mine doesnít give a rats ar se about it, hence why we have used ds with zlin and doing donated embryos. Ultimately the end result is the same, a baby. I know when I decided to use de I was relieved, pretty much no more worries regarding old eggs etc, I felt like a weight had come off my shoulders.

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 30/08/18, 08:57 »
    Mimi - Thank you  ^hugme^ That makes me feel a lot better. DH says it's about having a genetic link to one of us too. It's coming up to our angel's birthday soon so I think the thought of being pregnant again is making me a bit anxious after getting that far before and the loss being unexplained. The possibility of another late loss dosen't bare thinking about. I know another baby will never replace our angel but her DNA is part of me now and that will help make another baby according to epigenetics. It would be lovely if it worked after all we've been through. I'm looking out the window at a huge rainbow at the moment  :)

JK - Yeah, such a relief! I've got to keep doing this heated eyemask for another week for the bletharitus but it's quite nice and makes my eyes look a lot better. I've definitely made my peace with DE and grateful it exists to give second chance Sally's like me a shot at being a mum. I suspect it was a bit of pride with DH but I think it's 'cause we got so far last time with OE and our daughter looked so much like me when she was born. That grief is always going to be there but I'm sure like you say a living child would help ease that pain. Love that baking analogy Stacey.

Stacey - I think I'm a bit worried about it because DH first Sperm Comet test came back saying he was infertile but after cutting down the abstinence time to 5 hours it was excellent. I guess the real test will be doing IVF! But he was so broken when he got that infertile result I worry about what effect it will have on him if it dosen't work...

Hello to eoe  :)

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 30/08/18, 12:05 »
    Oh laquinn, Iím so sorry Iím such an ^Booty^, my message came across as so patronising and insensitive I really didnít mean it to be ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Serendipity2

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 30/08/18, 15:14 »
    Oh no! Bad news! I finally had my period yesterday and informed Anna. She said they have to move our procedure to Oct 25th, exactly one week later (my period was 1 week later than expected). We've asked her to clarify if this means the retrieval or the transfer, but we assume she meant the retrieval.

This stretches our trip to 7 weeks, and messes up hotels/flights/trains. Now we're wondering if we should do a freeze all (since we were planning to be there up to the 25th for the transfer), or try to add an extra week.

We don't really understand what the point of the BCP is if it can't handle a 1 week delay.

We know people deal with all kinds of problems (such as Tommie's last minute flight cancellation), but this is pretty surprising for us.