* Author Topic: Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9  (Read 112044 times)

0 Members

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
modify
Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9
« Reply #80 on: 30/08/18, 15:22 »
JK - It definitely didn't come across that way so don't worry  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  It's great to have that positivity - that's what I need to keep going!  :)

Serendipity - That's a bit of a bugger. I guess a freeze all might be a good option... Can Anna give you stats for FET compared to fresh to help you decide?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Serendipity2

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 30/08/18, 17:19 »
    Laquinn: Probably. We think the stats are close enough that that's not really the main issue. Shifting so many hotels/flights/trains is gonna be pretty complicated, plus getting another week off work. Also, since we're leaving so early for the trip (we can't change the departure due to DH's work trip), I'm not sure how to get the depot shot administered.

Our satellite monitoring clinic says the shot needs to be given by a doctor. I used to be a nurse, and am quite confident I can give it myself in the butt, but we might have to lie to them to have them hand it over. Also, we'd have to take a loaded syringe in carry-on on the flight (to keep it around 25įC). Hopefully we can get the clinic to provide a doctor's note saying we need to take the syringe on the plane, and that works out okay.

Has anyone given a depot shot themselves?

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 30/08/18, 21:29 »
    Serendipity the birth control is used to sync you with the donor among other things like making sure it comes at the right time, they usually do a buffer of 5 days so a week out would change things a bit, remembering that they do ec and transfer in certain days. I would do a freeze all, that way you donít have to change anything, they can stir the donor anytime between now and when you originally planned and you wonít need to worry about the depot injection at all. Also plenty of ladies have done their own injections so I think your clinic is being difficult  :-\

Offline Serendipity2

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 30/08/18, 22:35 »
    Stacey: Ah, we weren't aware the BCP only gave limited ability to shift things around. Even if we do a freeze all we'd still likely shift some things around to avoid spending a handful of days in Zlin a week before we have any cycle-related reason to be there, but that's much less complicated than adding a week. The downside is it means adding an entire extra trip for the FET, which we estimate will run around $4500, compared to maybe $1500 for the extra week.  ^eyes^

We watched a video on injecting the lupon depot. It's certainly different than a typical syringe, with the dual-chamber mixing, but should be possible.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 31/08/18, 01:56 »
    What Iíd suggest you do then is go to zlin as planned for d/h sample, stay 2 nights or even one, then go off and finish your holiday, then you change your flight to a couple of days later and zip there by yourself or if you can just swap the last couple of days of your holiday and go for your fet then.

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 31/08/18, 07:54 »
    Hi ladies

Thanks laquinn, i read it back and felt so stupid, such an idiot 🙄🙄🙄 you will always get positivity on here 😘😘😘

Serendipity I agree with Stacey, changing the last few days and I think your clinic are being a bit silly with the lupron shot

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline SoJo29

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 31/08/18, 11:53 »
    Oh Serendipity how annoying about the time change! Hope you manage to sort it out without too much extra cost!

Laquinn I had moments of complete panic over using donor eggs wondering if I was doing the right thing so I know how you feel. DH felt similar to yours at first I think he felt as I would be carrying it etc I would have the connection straight away and it might be harder for him. As it happens where we didnít have a great result with DE things might be pointing more towards him now and he is now starting to consider DS. We have said that if we can at least use one of us then that would be better than donor embryo for us at this stage - it may have to be something we have to consider later on though.

AFM I took a clear blue digital as by now it should be showing 3+ weeks or at least 2-3 weeks but it came back negative. Canít get into the doctors until Monday for my blood test as Iím still on holiday but obviously it will be another early loss for me  :'( I was expecting it though as from reading about low hcg levels the outcomes are not often very good. Should be getting DH karotyping tests back Monday so weíll see if that throws anything up.

Tommie I hope your getting on ok after the spotting

Hope everyone is ok

Offline Johns Kymberlina

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 31/08/18, 17:02 »
    Oh sojo Iím so sorry 😢😢😢😢😢 hope you are feeling as good as you can. Karotyping might be able to shed some light on it ☺️ Xxxxxxxx

Offline SoJo29

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 31/08/18, 17:51 »
    Thanks JK  ^hugme^ - feeling ok. Iíve tried to stay more detached this time and level headed as possible unlike last time where I downloaded all the pregnancy apps and started choosing baby names and nursery colour schemes  all in the first week ^idiot^ Still crappy but I know weíll be ok. Back to the drawing board. Maybe... we are in that horrible situation again where you donít want anything to be wrong but also hope they find something so we can get some answers. We have a frozen sample at Zlin Iím wondering whether they would do DNA fragmentation on that or whether we should just do the sperm comet here? Iíve emailed Anna to ask.

Offline Navidavi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 31/08/18, 17:57 »
    My hubby and me went away for a long weekend for our anniversary, so didn't follow the forum for 4 days. And its taken me 3 days to catch up with the messages here (although I've only been able to read them on my way in and out of work). I think I'll be keeping an eye on the forum even when I'm away in order to avoid this again, hehe.

Laquinn, yes very lucky indeed that the hubby has an office there. I'm totally seeing it as a sign that Zlin was meant to be the one today.

I can't remember who asked me this but we're planning on getting all the meds over in Zlin. Has anyone gotten their meds away from Zlin? I'm assuming they'll have everything you need for your protocol and anything else in the pharmacy there? And the meds are decided after the first consultation?

Sojo, sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you're feeling as good as you can.

I feel like such a newbie, just had to Google what a lupron shot is amongst other things, duh!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk