Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9

209K views 3K replies 34 participants last post by  Stacey10 
#1 ·
#2,177 ·
Oh that’s good, I think best to get over there and back probably soonish rather than later with how things are going with the corona virus, it’s definitely turning out the way I thought it would, the way things are going I probably won’t get back until later this year, not really interested in travelling amidst a pandemic.

#2,178 ·
I'm a bit worried about the coronavirus. New case has been found in Austria. :)  I probably will not fly to Vienna. 

There are some cases in Australia.  How do people feel over there? 

My brother and his family live in China, about 300km from Wuhan. One person in his gated community got infected and everybody was put into quarantine in that community. Only one member per household was allowed to go out every 5 days for necessary grocery shopping.

#2,179 ·
Well I’ve been saying all along it’s going to get out of control , which I think it is already, they’re just being slow to officially say so...... we have started to get a few bits of non perishable food together, am I’m presuming we will be on rashions being such a big family, we have chickens that we can get eggs from, so will stock up a bit more on rice pasta and tinned food, and cartooned milk etc. maybe get in some water as well, we have a gorge with fresh water in the town where we live so could get water from there, but everyone else will, be doing that too if it comes down to that. We have more cases too, from off the cruise ship, so it will spread I’m sure. That must be pretty scary for your brother, I hope he/they come out of it ok.

#2,180 ·
Stacey---I am thinking of stocking up some non-perishable food too. It may not get to that point but a new case of infection with unknown origin happened in California.

Were you able to find a different doctor?

Got my ERA result. It is receptive at 124 hrs of taking progesterone. The recommendation is transfer at 124 ± 3 hours. There is a 7-hour time difference between my time zone and Czech. The previous transfer were definitely not at 124 hrs but was not too much off. I have to do some hard math to figure out when to take progesterone.

Officially off the meds today. So looking forward to be hormone free for three days. These pills make me feel so bad.

Hello to eoe.

#2,181 ·
Flower great you got your results back, as far as I’m aware that means you need a full 5 days of progesterone, so transfer on the morning of day 6, so all you need to do is to work it out with the time difference to make sure you get it right with mainland Europe time zone rather than your time zone.
I’ve got my initial consultation with a new gyne set for March 20. Not sure if she will accept clinics finding or I will have to do tests with her first, hopefully she will just go with clinics recommendations, we will see......

#2,182 ·
Stacy, I have to do some hard math to figure out what is the best time to take progesterone. Waiting for the bleed, it will be here soon. :)

I don't want to scare you but wandering if there is any danger with fluid in the tubes? That's a long wait to see a new doctor.

#2,183 ·
I can’t imagine it would be any good either flower, the gyne has seen the referral from my dr and that’s when the next available appointment is so I just have to go with it.
Maybe work it out by full days on progesterone, eg making sure you have 5 nights on it. For example with the time difference you may have to get up at 2 am to start progesterone to get those full nights in the Europe time zone, not sure how far behind Europe/Czech you are.

#2,184 ·
Stacey, I will need your help figuring out the medication schedule later. The meds make my brain muddy. :) I'm 7 hours behind Czech time at the moment but we will start day light saving on March 8th. Clocks will be turned forward 1 hr so it will be 6 hrs behind (am I right??).

Sounds like the doctor is a good one since he/she is so busy. :)

#2,185 ·
Stacey--Transfer is scheduled on March 18th at 1:30 pm. The receptive window is 124 hrs +/- 3hrs. I'm 6 hrs behind European time. The transfer time is my local time the same day at 7:30 am. So I have to take the first dosage of progesterone at 3:30 am on March 13th, which is 9:30 am European time. Do I have to take at 3:30 am/3:30 pm every day when I am in the US?

#2,186 ·
Hi ladies! Just getting on real quick to let you know that we just got to the hospital...My c-section is booked in 2 hours. Will update as soon as I can! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

#2,187 ·
Cris,  Hope all goes well!

#2,188 ·
Cris exciting, hope all goes well and looking forward to your update !
Flower I would do those times in the auS, set your alarm etc, makes it easier to start and keep with those times until you get back then you can swap it around back to your time zone.

#2,189 ·
Cris have been checking all day, hope everything went well !

#2,190 ·
Hello hello ladies! It's almost 4 am here and I sitting up in bed watching my handsome little man. [emoji3590].

Introducing John Michael born March 9 @ 4:12pm weighing 7 lbs 14 oz. Not sure how long he is though. Lol. He has a full head of black hair! C-section went well but he was in an awkward position and did not come out easily. The doctor had to use the vacuum which didn't work and then the forceps which finally got him out. He was bit stunned and didn't cry right away but after a few moments of the nurses working on him, he let out some really loud cries!

The girls came by to see him and they were so.adorable. Saying baby brother John, etc. My parents are watching them for 2 weeks so I will miss them so much. But will use this time to recover and bond with the baby.

Will try to.update my profile pic in the morning! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

#2,191 ·
Awesome cris, so happy for you that everything ended up ok ! 🥰

#2,192 ·
Congratulations, Cris!!!!

#2,193 ·
With the traveling ban between US and Europe, seems like the best opinion is to cancel the trip.

I haven't cancelled the flights yet hoping for a miracle.

Should I take the risk?

I will fly to Frankfurt from the US then to Prague, and reverse it when coming back. Worried that the flight between Frankfurt and Prague will be canceled.

#2,194 ·
I would have thought if you have travel bans to Europe you can’t go anyway ? Or are you going before the bans come into effect ? If so I would still do a mad dash over there. Depends if your able to self isolate when you get back home as well.  :-\ It certainly is a tough one, but you probably have the same odds of catching it on your travels as you do if you stay at home.

#2,195 ·
I'm scheduled to go on March 16th and come back on the 22nd.

The travel ban is for European nationals entering US. I will still be able to come back but it seems that I may have to fly into certain US airports, get screened and self-quarantine. Not sure if my employer likes the idea that I can't go to work.

What if they cancel the flights between Frankfurt and Prague? Czech has the travel ban out a few of hour ago. Their citizens are not allowed to go to Germany and people from other 15 countries are not allowed entering either.

Seems like the risk it high. just worried about coming back. If they stop the flight between Frankfurt and the US, then I'm stuck there.

#2,196 ·
Flower - I know someone here at my clinic in Canada that I'd set to cycle next week at Zlin.  Anna called her yesterday and said her cycle is cancelled...no foreigners being let into Czech Republic at the moment.  They will have to freeze the donors eggs and go back when the travel restrictions have been lifted.  Can you call the clinic and ask them? 

#2,197 ·
Hi Cris,

Congratulations on the new baby! How do you feel?

I have been talking to the clinic and they want me to cancel it.  I'm 95% sure i am not going at the moment and I will be more and more certain as time goes by.

#2,198 ·
Flower well I guess that’s your answer then, disappointing for you but at least you know and are not in limbo.  Hopefully things will become clearer and you can start planning again.
Chris, ooooh I wouldn’t be happy with that, frozen eggs are no where near as good as fresh, not sure if agree to that unless they dropped the price of the cycle.

#2,199 ·
Stacey, I don't like being in limbo. Now I have to deal with the airlines. If I had booked the tickets a few hours later, I would be qualified to get credit but now I have to reschedule it. Picked up the week of May 11-15 for the new date. Hope it will be safe to travel.

I will start the medication schedule to stop the FET, and then start BCPs. 

I just realized that I have been on hormones for 7 months (since last August). Is it safe taking hormones for so long?

#2,200 ·
Flower as much as you don’t like being in limbo, everyone at least is in the same boat, I wouldn’t be booking any other flights until you get the go ahead from zlin, they will have an absolute backlog of ladies to organise and I can only assume it might be chaotic until they do, I would go by what they tell you, Czech could very well be in lock down for longer. Ladies are on normal all bcp etc for years, so although probably not ideal as doses are higher than bcp hopefully it should be fine.

#2,201 ·
Hello ladies !this is me whom Cris was talking about canceling cycle.I was trying to login from yesterday but unfortunately couldn’t But was reading....Small introduction of myself did 4 ivf but no positive results so decided to go to Europe for donor treatment.Yesterday got email from clinic for cancelling the cycle.
But today I went for lining check as planned it was .56 triple layer.I started estrace on 3 March and today is 11th day .My dr here saw the results and recommended giving few more days for the lining to thicken some more before starting progesterone.,even repeat lining  check on 17 th again.
But dr in zlin told me to start progesterone from tomorrow.I Even couldn’t understand the protocol which they send ,trying to be in touch with them.I don’t have progesterone in hand.What you people think of lining and now I am confused about further steps.They will freeze the eggs which I am not happy about it.

Thanks Cris hope you and baby doing well !!