Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9

209K views 3K replies 34 participants last post by  Stacey10 
#1 ·
#2,202 ·
Hi Redrose
I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your cycle too. I had an FET scheduled on March 18th and I had to cancel it too.

The medication protocols for frozen and fresh transfers are same, I have done both at Zlin. Even you are canceling your cycle, you can't stop your medication right away. You need to continue taking the same amount of estrogen and lower dosage of progesterone for 10 days.

The protocol I have is:
Estrimax thl.(estrogren) 2mg three times a day
Utrogestan tbl. (progesterone) 100mg vaginally 2 tablets each day, twice....use 4 total each day
Then you can safely stop the medication and you will have a bleed in 3-4 days

It's better to start taking birth control bills once you have the bleed so you can manage the next cycle better.

Hope this helps.

#2,203 ·
Hi red rose, yes as flower has said you will need to add in progesterone for at least 10 days to get a bleed.
I would not be happy with frozen eggs at all unles they offer you a heavy discount, even then I wouldn’t be happy, I’m not an advocate of frozen eggs, if you have paid for a fresh egg cycle then that’s what you should get, they could offer those frozen eggs to someone else who wants them or turn them into donated embryos, so they wouldn’t be wasted.
The reason why the zlin dr said for you to start progesterone now is because they have cancelled your cycle so you don’t need to keep on. Your lining is quite thin, and you would have neede extra estrogen to thicken it up, so for your next cycle I’m sure you will be on four tablets per day instead of 3, I think they like the lining to be at least 7 mm before starting progesterone. The pro tool s are very simple and easy to follow,Mehta didn’t you understand about them, so we can help for the next cycle?

#2,204 ·
Thanks ladies for your quick response yeah got the email from the clinic they are okay if my dr in Canada want me to continue with estrace and check my lining again on 17 th then I should start progesterone.Now I understand the protocol .But I am surprised how come my lining is not 7-8 till now or it’s too early.i never had lining problem .In the month of April last year my dr did a mock cycle and without any medication my lining was.8 on 12th day of my cycle.I had hysteroscopy in month of May to remove fibroid though it was very tiny one.Still I had 2 very tiny one I think intramural fibroids which my doctor is not worried about according to him it will not interfere with implantation.

Flower you and me in same boat but I think it happens for good as recent situation is very bad what if we go and struck.Moreover they are saying pregnant women should be more careful.

Stacey I spoke to clinic about fresh transfer they are happy to provide me same donor again but time will tell.I don’t know this coming Thursday is retrieval so what they will do. I asked my doctor in Canada he said here we don’t have problems with frozen eggs but I was wondering it’s the way they freeze in Europe that’s the reason you are not happy.

#2,205 ·
No the way they freeze them in Europe is great, I personally don’t like them because it doesn’t have as good success rate, one reason being is an egg is only one cell, so there is no room for damage, once that one cell is damaged that’s it, it’s not like when an embryo is frozen, if any of the cells are damaged  then there are other ones that will still help the embryo continue to develop, here in Australia we have acces to frozen eggs but the success rates are very low, some ladies not even getting any embryos at all to transfer, freezing is the same here also. So in my opinion if they will give you the same donor then choose that option. Regarding your lining, you will have been down regulated so your body isn’t producing any hormones at all, we all respond to estrogen differently, your body either needs more estrogen or a bit longer on it. I would probably take the more estrogen approach. One xtra pill should make a difference. I was on 4, but I will need more now as I don’t have periods anymore so don’t produce estrogen and my body isn’t responding as well as it used it, it used to be around 9-10 at the lining scan now it’s hovering around 7 with the same amount of estrogen. Hope that helps.

#2,206 ·
Redrose, I'm glad that you were able to communicate with the clinic. Can you get progesterone from your local doctor?

Even if we plan to go to Zlin, there is no way we can get there. It seems that the Czech Republic is closing its doors. Here is what they are doing/will do:

1. state of emergency for 30 days

2. border-crossing closes between Germany and also between Austria

3. All restaurants must close at 8 pm and refreshments are all banned in shopping malls

4.international passenger transport is also banned

5. international public transport vehicles with more than nine seats will be banned from crossing the border

#2,207 ·
Flower I am very blessed I got this wonderful doctor he still considered me as his patient and responsibility.Cris also have same doctor.
Imagine when he saw my lining report today he himself recommended me to do another ultrasound on 17 th and then they will give me progesterone after that.Probably it will be like a mock cycle now.Without his help couldn’t take such a big decision going outside Canada. I am 45 and soon turning 46 so he only suggested me I need younger donor  (eggs)..Happily married 20 years looking forward to get pregnant with one healthy baby ,just praying this will work.My general GP and even gynaecologist not ready to write any medication.They give different excuses.

Stacey you are right fresh cycle have more success then frozen and this is a frozen eggs not embryo already told the clinic about that even they have my deposit and okay with that.

#2,208 ·
Hi ladies,

Firstly CONGRATS cris!!! Was looking for this!!! Gorgeous name, I hope you are both settling with him and getting to know his temperament!! I love it when people have babies on this thread as it’s just extra special, makes me emotional!!

I’ve been stalking ladies, I haven’t forgot about you ☺ Such a bummer about cancelled cycles. I’m gutted for you all but I do believe it’s best. Me and mrjk are going shopping tomorrow for tinned/dry food in 4 supermarkets as the shelves are bare. It really is like preparing for a lock down in houses for up to 4 weeks in the uk. Something as serious as that is deffo worth the cancel, imagine if you caught it whilst pregnant - no one knows how it would affect the baby etc it’s just such a risk to take but it’s the sensible thing to do  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I’m busy as a bee, Hugo is still in the terrible twos and the girls are 5 months and getting more into things than before!!! Very funny though together and love doing row row your boat with each other, they find that hilarious!

Hello to eoe, I hope everyone is ok, damn this stupid coronavirus  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

#2,209 ·
Hi All,

Cris huge congratulations! You must be in hog heaven.

Stacey- sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle and hope you can get the doctor to help with the fluid in the tubes; i am so sorry that it seems to be all bad news lately but you did get 4 great embryos.

Jk- lovely pictures if your beautiful twin girls! So glad to hear everything is well with Hugo and your girls.

Flower- sorry that your cycle got cancelled. It really sucks to wait for the cycle to start and then have the virus closures in CZ and the US ban affect it all.

Sun- congratulations on making it to the last trimester- soon you will have your baby in your arms!

After my cancelled cycle in January, i did a transfer on March 4; i just tested today and it was a bfn.
I am sad but i am truly starting to believe that the odds are stacked against someone as old as me (i am 49 will be 50 in October:(

As I had the cysts that made me cancel the cycle in January (because endometrium was not optimal), i did a month of bcp and on day 21 i took the equivalent of the lupron depot shot to shut down my ovaries; i took 4 tablets of estrogen this time per day and my lining got to 9 mm which made me hopeful; TSH on day of transfer went up to 5.55 (not good from 2.12 the month prior); ivf dr at Reprofit put me on Euthyrox 50 mg and today TSH is down to 1.86

I transferred an expanded blast grade B day 5

Hope you all are doing well and let’s hope we can all who are cycling as soon as we can get our baby wish

#2,210 ·
Oh mimi  :'( :'( :'( I’m sorry, I did think you were cycling soon. Do you have any embryos left??  ^hugme^

Xxxxxxxxxxx

#2,211 ·
Jk- thank you. A 5 BA blast from Reprogenesis but from the same batch that resulted in pgs in Jan last year but blighted ovum (hatched blast) and mc in May 5 AA ( got pg but bled day 10 of two week wait then miscarried 5 days after the beta hcg was super high so i guess even high betas sometimes miscarry. You and Stacey i think recommended that I don’t transfer that last one embryo from that batch but i moved it to Reprofit.
I have an expanded blast grade two from Reprofit day 6- the one i transfered was a day 5 same grade expanded blast.

#2,212 ·
Hmm mimi it’s a tough one. Like I say you have gotten pregnant and carried a baby but that batch seem a bit pants. You haven’t had much from them have you???

How is the coronavirus affecting everyone?? In the uk we are all on house loickdown 😬😬😬

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#2,213 ·
Mimi sorry to read you have had a bfn.i suppose the only thing you can do is go back for transfers and hope one of the two stick.  :-\
Our life is normal atm, we have no lock downs or anything as of yet.

#2,214 ·
Hello ladies hope everyone doing well.

Flower- Did you started your progesterone.

Mimi-Sorry to hear about your BFN.

Jk- Enjoying your lockdown.I was wondering what we will do in a locked down situation . Sooner or later it will happen as everyday number of affected people increasing.

Cris-Hope you are doing well and enjoying with your little one.

Stacey-I went for lining check on 16 March it was 6.62 and then went today i didn’t ask but seems to be above 7 as nurse told me doctor want to see above 7 .After few hours got the call from nurse to start 1 pill of progesterone suppositories 100 mg from today for 12 days and reduce estrace to 1 pill per day as effective from today.This is totally different protocol from Zlin.One more question if my period comes early should I stop the medication.

#2,215 ·
Mimi-- I am sorry that it didn't work. I know how hard you have tried.  But there is always hope, and the rewards are high, and this is what has been keeping me going for over 10 years. Let's all get healthy and cycle again in a couple of months.

redrose--Glad that your local doctor could help you out. Usually you should not get a period when you are on these meds. Mimi has good experience in building her lining. She can probably give you some suggestions. I'm doing the 10-day progesterone protocol and the last day of taking it is on Sunday. I will probably have a bleed next Wednesday. I will get on BCP and play it by ear to see how things go.

JK--The good side of the lockdown is that you can spend more time with your family.

Cris--How is the new baby doing?

Stacey--hope you will get some answers from the new doctor.

I am not in a lock down area but we are forced to stay home. Other than going out for a walk, getting the gas and groceries, there is really nowhere we can go because most places are closed. Even when we are out, we keep at least 6 feet/2m from other people. Hope this crisis will be over soon. There are panic going and we are having a difficult time finding toilet papers and bottled water.

Hello to eoe.

#2,216 ·
Redrose- I took 6 mg of estrogen last January upped it to 8 mg on day 10 because lining was only 6.5 and that did the trick and lining was 7.2-7.4; then in May i took 6 mg estrogen from day 1 of cycle and my lining got to 8.5; both cycles i got pregnant but miscarried:(
Ironically i got a 9 mm lining this failed cycle and i took 6 mg days 1-3 started 8 mg estrogen on day 4 and on
I also always have brazil nuts (4 a day) but I don’t think that does anything for the lining- i take them for the thyroid

Flower- thank you for your message. I like your optimist but i am a skeptic now. Why do people line up for water? We filter ours.

Stacey- thank you. My goodness you were so right in predicting this whole messy situation the whole world is in.

#2,217 ·
Redrose  you can just take the progesterone for 10 days if you want and once you start the progesterone you can actually stop your estrogen. Yes, once your period arrives you should be finished meds, if it happens to start while your still taking the progesterone, then you can stop.
So I had my appointment, such a great dr, she has put me on vaginal estrogen as she said I could be prone to cervical stenosis, I’m to do it every night  until my operation, (after that it will be 3x week) she wants my cervix nice and soft and supple so it won’t get damaged by yet another procedure. So I’m having a bilateral scalpinectomy, (sp) also having a dnc and hysteroscopy while she is there to ensure everything is ok. Her words, she wants my body in the best condition it can be to achieve a pregnancy, such great words to hear, actually someone who will do their best for me, not just take my money then wipe their hands of me, like the other dr, unfortunately all this comes at a cost, I have to pay out of pocket because we don’t have private health insurance and I probably don’t qualify to get it done through the public system, she is sneaking me through as the private hospital have wound down the complicated operations due to the virus and being on standby to help the public hospital. So it’s going to wipe out all of our savings, so won’t have any money left to go back over 🥴 So I’m getting it done on the 30th of this month. 🤞
Hi to eoe.

#2,218 ·
Thanks Mimi in future I have to do what you were doing increasing my estrace to 4 but my question was how to stop medication when cycle was canceled that stacey has answered me.I too had thyroid but under control 1.89.i found by doing exercise it helped me controlling my thyroid.I also ate Brazil nuts.

Stacey- I have started progesterone suppositories 1 pill (100mg) per day.Good.. it is now cleared to me If period comes I should stop that too.
Even I had hydrosalpinx tube but long time back before during ivf I went for laparoscopy and dr clipped my tubes in order to prevent fluid leaking into the uterus and prevent damage to embryo.Whenever I go for saline ultrasound dr give me antibiotics before doing the ultrasound they are afraid I can get infection.Probably because of this I always look like pregnant ,whatever exercise I do fat doesn’t go from stomach.But I am surprised they found now for you to my understanding it is very common in women with endometriosis,cysts.
Bilateral scalpinectomy means removing tubes if I am correct but make sure what are the side effects of that.
Happy you found a good doctor that matters a lot,Hope you are in good hands.In that way we are lucky surgery is covered by our health system.It must be a costly surgery.Best of luck.

Flower-I will email clinic if they want me to put on BCP.I heard it’s very bad in USA every day affected people are increasing in number.We also not getting tissues and hand sanitizer.

#2,219 ·
Redrose, because I need it done for ivf I have to self pay, if I just “happened” to have it, and not need it done for fertility reasons, I would go onto the public waiting list to get both tubes removed and it would probably take a year before it got done. So I won’t have any change from $6000 but it will be done within a week. I will get a small refund for the dr fees and the anethitists fees through Medicare, but no refund for the private hospital. I have told the dr that in no way will I be able to afford a night in a private hospital so the plan is that I will present to the public hospital if there has been any complications from the surgery or I’m not handling the pain, and they will have to admit me. That will be our money wiped out.  ::) I also have been getting very bloated, now I know what’s going on in there a lot of problems I’ve been having in the last year now make sense.
Hi to eoe

#2,220 ·
Stacey, Hope your surgery will go well. I'm glad that you can get it done in a week not a year. Yikes, it is expensive but it is not worth the risk to wait for a year. Your health is more important.

redrose,  It seems that your lining got thick. I am glad that you used this cycle as a trial run so you have an idea how your body responses to the meds. I don't know how bad the virus situation is in Texas because of the lack of testing kits. With the availability of testing kits, we'll definitely see more and more cases. With social distancing, I hope we can slow the spread. People are overreacting by hoarding bottled waters and toilet papers.

Hi to eoe

#2,221 ·
Hi everyone.  Hope you are all surviving this awful and bizarre time in the world with coronavirus. It's scary how it has taken hold and caused the mass shutdowns across various countries. As Jk says we are in lockdown and just so worrying times on when it will be over and what state everything will be in afterwards.
But for now me and my partner have locked ourselves in our little cocoon as baby is due tomorrow and dont want any risks or complications!!  I should be really excited, have hospital Induction tomorrow as no signs of labour as yet, and due to the gestational diabetes they want baby here sooner.. but struggling to not worry about going to the hospital and the coronavirus effects. One of the really hard things they have brought in is strict no visitors policy so I will be on my own for the full induction,  however long it takes, and after the birth my partner wont be allowed to stay, so stressed me out a little..but in other ways it's really good the hospital are taking it ultra serious and not willing to risk the mothers and new babies exposure.  So trying to stay positive in a exciting and worrying time, and once baby is here and we are allowed home we will be cocooning ourselves at home with no contact until this virus is gone. But we wont be able to have any visitors, including our parents for a while too, which is very sad,  especially when this is our miracle baby everyone is so desperate to see us 😥
But apart from all that I am so excited to get baby here safe and sound. 6 years of infertility and IVF treatments and almost at the end goal and outcome.  I am so grateful to Zlin and what they do for people like us.
For anyone that loses faith, all the past is easily forgotten when that one special time the treatment works, so keep the faith and believe  xxxx

Cris - mega congrats on your new baby boy. Hope all going well and you are all settled into a routine now.

Mimi - so sorry to hear about your cycle, positive vibes to you at such a hard time xxx

Stacey - hope your op goes well and really good you can get in so soon in this current climate as that could have taken a while to get in the queue. Before you know it you will be able to cycle again with your lovely embryos .

Everyone else - sorry to hear about all the cancelled and rescheduled cycles, there is nothing worse than having your plan in place and medications all prepped and started, and then having to postpone, but hopefully the world will get back to normal soon and everyone can get back on track.  Take care of yourselves ladies and stay positive and healthy..

I'll keep you posted on baby xxxx

#2,222 ·
Sun- lovely to hear your update; so happy for you that you are just a day away from holding your beautiful baby in your arms; don’t let this corona virus affect any of your joy; great hospital is taking precautions; wishing you a good birth, speedy recovery, and congratulations on your baby almost here.
Thank you for the positive vibes. As you know I tend to be more of a pessimist and this whole virus time is so hard as the US has over 1,000 cases I fear people from Us will be banned from travelling to CZ and so i am trying not to think too much
Hugs
Mimi

#2,223 ·
Sunburn good luck, excited for you guys, make the most of this special time, even if it’s not how you first anticipated how it would be, I’m sure it will be very special anyway.
Gee mimi the USA is now the leading country with the most cases, it’s sky rocketed in a week ! We have had 2 people from our area diagnosed with the virus but they’re not here, they had returned from o/s and hadn’t made it back up here, I think they’re in our states capital city.
Last day of school for the kids today before the 5 days of student free days next week before the offical school holidays start, I’ve sent them all off so they can say goodbye to their friends for the holidays, usually they would probably catch up with one or two over the holidays but that won’t be happening now. Not much else will change for them as they usually hang around the house on the weekend so life for us will go on pretty much as normal u til the government tighten up things more.
Hi to eoe  :)

#2,224 ·
Sunburn--Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Wishing you a safe delivery. It's very encouraging to hear your story.

#2,225 ·
Hi ladies,

Stacey I’m glad you haven’t been affected by lockdown. Brilliant about the doctor being on board, bet that gave you some really good vibes but a shame about cost. What does hubby think?? On one hand it’s just money but that’s easy for me to say as it’s not mine if that makes sense???

Mimi I’m not sure what you should do, just go for a transfer when You can, that embryo is waiting and could be the one. If not you will have to start again??

Sunburn let us know about your bouncing baby when you can!!! Hopefully the nhs will kick you out ASAP so you can be with hubby. It’s not ideal not to see your family but can you use FaceTime etc?? I understand it’s nothing like the real thing though but better than nothing?? Apparently this lock down is going to be extended to June. I’m just thankful mrjk got out last week when the weather was nice and sorted the hot tub and decking etc so we have a nice area outside otherwise I would go mad 😔😔😔

Flower Zlin so amazing things, if you told me 7 years ago you’ll have 3 children I would have put all my money on you kidding me but no here I am waking up to three gorgeous children. I always thank them for choosing me to be their mummy, that they implanted 😂😂😂

On a side note, what do people do about treatment?? Would you tell your child they are from treatment??

Urgh rose I had to hold my nose and eat the Brazil’s and then wash them down with juice. can you tell us your background a bit?? Have I missed that??

Hope everyone is ok and not affected by this bloody covid 19 and lots of baby dust on here for everyone, really keep the faith xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#2,226 ·
Sunburn, Hope all is going well and you are heading home soon!

Stacey, how was your procedure? What was the real cause of the problem? Wish you a speedy recovery.

JK, as for telling the kids about the treatment, it depends. If it comes up, I will tell them. Hope we are not going to be in lockdown until June. I can still work but many small business has been hit pretty hard. Our government is sending out stimulus check but if we have to be in lockdown for a long time, that much money is not going to help much.

Mimi, have you gotten your bleeding yet? I started BCP  last Friday. I will probably take the inactive pills since it seems June may be more realistic for things to go back to normal.

Really hate this virus :mad:

Please stay safe.