* Author Topic: endometriosis pain relief when TTC - no NSAIDs  (Read 593 times)

0 Members

Offline lexie26

ladies I am suffering from a severe attack of endo pain. it's one of those moments when you just want to have a lap and take everything out and dream of the pain free days before you stopped the pill

what do you take for the pain when TTC? I have read many articles saying NSAIDs are bad as they mess up ovulation. Perhaps not suck a huge concern when going through IVF but I'd like to make sure I still have that 1% chance in between IVF cycles. I am just taking co-codamol at the moment. any other suggestions?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    endometriosis pain relief when TTC - no NSAIDs
    « Reply #1 on: 28/08/18, 20:33 »
    Sorry you are struggling  ^hugme^

Codeine is my fall back (or oromorph when itís really bad). Acupuncture helped me a bit too, also a tens machine gave a bit of relief (just a cheapie NHS one for £35, not those fancy £300 ones!xxx

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/08/18, 21:25 »
    I was on fentanyl and paracetamol when I got pregnant with dd2.

Hot baths, hot water.bottle ( well, hippolina - a microwavable hippopotamus toy ), acupucture, gentle exercise ( walking before it gets.too bad).
    I also find a big o can help. 😎

I find my pain reduces in pregnancy to start.with then gets worse about 26 weeks with a singleton as I have no uterosacral ligaments ( all endo) It was.earlier with my twins. 

Good luck.

Offline lexie26

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 29/08/18, 15:28 »
    thank you ladies. it seems to be a bit better today. yesterday I was on cocodamol and cyclizine (for the nausea). I will look in to the tens machine

mierran - wow..fentanyl. I hear that's a lot stronger than cocodamol. what did you use for pain control during your pregnancy?

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 29/08/18, 16:41 »
    I was on fentanyl paracetamol and lofepramine until dd2 was a couple of months old when I weaned off gradually.

Good luck X

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 30/08/18, 21:06 »
    What level of cocodomal are you on? Your GP can prescribe 60mg codeine 4 times a day. They will also be able to prescribe tramadol on top (although that doesnít agree with me at all).

In our CCG they wonít give fentyl for endo, only oromorph (and thatís only via prescription initiated by a consultant from the pain clinic).

Definitely go and see your GP though xxx

Offline lexie26

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 31/08/18, 10:37 »
    Thank you Cloudy. Thankfully I don't need to go stronger than 30mg codeine. I just wanted to make sure there isn't another miracle pain killer out there I'm missing out on :)