* Author Topic: IVF advice  (Read 648 times)

0 Members

Offline huwhoney

modify
IVF advice
« on: 19/09/18, 17:35 »
Hi, not sure if I've posted in the right place( sorry if I haven't) would like some advice about IVF. We have been through IVF twice( NHS) second was ICSI and was more sucsessful( we got to implantation stage but sadly they didn't stay😢😢 which I now blame myself for😢we were moving house at the time) now 8 years on we are prepared to try for the last time but privatley this time through Liverpool Women's again. My question is this, have any of you taken time off work to go through IVF,if so from what stage? My work is quite heavy and stressful and involes a lot of manual handling on a daily basis, Also have any of you had IVF after an op to create new openings in the fallopian tubes( which I've had done over 2 years ago) and had a sucsessful outcome? Also my bmi isn't ideal so I'm scared they'll say at our consultation next month that I'm overweight😔 I can't really remember my last two consultations so I'm quite scared and nervous about the whole thing! 😬😬

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline odashwood

modify
    IVF advice
    « Reply #1 on: 25/07/19, 12:16 »
    Hi Huwhoney! I have already had three cycles of treatment. One of them was 5 years ago (failed IVF) and two of them were ICSI cycles. I have taken time off work right after my transfer as for me it is the most important time during the journey. During the 2ww stage, it is very important to have a rest, stay calm and don't worry as it may have a bad impact on sticking an embryo. I have just finished my ICSI cycles and going to proceed with the surrogacy program abroad. My first attempt was negative and the second one ended with mc on the 7th week of pregnancy. Due to the health issues, I have no chances left to carry a baby by myself so that is why I decided to move to surrogacy.) I wish you good luck on your journey and best wishes! Baby dust!