Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

ICSI at 43 and sideeffects from hormonal treatment?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tammy177 
#1 ·
hello

here is my story in brief :)

after much thought, i might do an ICSI cycle in November. I am older and the doctor told me that chances are not high but advised me to try given i have a high reserve of eggs. yet of course egg quality is decisive. My partner lives overseas and thats one of the reasons why we decided to go for this, given we cant see each other much.

I would love to hear your feedback about the side effects that could happen when one is taking hormonal treatment prior to ovule extraction. what are they? Is it possible to make such side effects milder and how?

could you please share your experiences?

thanks loads,

Tammy

#2 ·
I don’t feel that I had any side effects and I did quite a few IVF cycles between the age of 42-44.

Good luck!

F x

#3 ·
Nothing much for me
Apart from when I had ohss but I recovered quickly
Generally I feel great on stims

#4 ·
thanks so much! any weight gain noted?

the gynecologist told me moreover that it is her duty to inform me that injections have the very rare side effects of embolism and thrombose that she has never seen happening but it is the ethics to say it. this freaked me out a bit. anything to say on this?

thanks so much!

Tammy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.