* Author Topic: Wales Fertility Institute Cyclers part 2  (Read 48802 times)

0 Members

Offline Cakebaby

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Wales Fertility Institute Cyclers part 2
« Reply #850 on: 25/05/18, 15:32 »
Ah perfect, enjoy your weekend.  ^hugme^
We booked a treatment plan appointment for start of next month. And then we will start tablets for another fet on my next natural period. So I'm guessing transfer (if all goes to plan) will be mid july.  ^pray^ looked at my notes and could see my embryos are all different grades so I'm just praying that one of them is wanting to stick around x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Natsel

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #851 on: 25/05/18, 16:42 »
    Sorry to hear that Pindy. Not too long to wait to start again :)

Ahhh Natsel, how do you feel? When is OTD?

Afm, I am Pupo! Had our FET this morning, but embryo only just survived so not holding out much hope.

Mrsbura I'm 2dp5dt we were really lucky to have a 5aa blastocyst put back , I was actually offered the choice to put 2 back in . Which I was surprised at , we opted for 1 and froze a 4aa embryo.

Yesterday I had lots of twinges in my lower right hand side that lasted a few seconds on and off ,. I feel tired but that's only to be expected what we've been through . 

I had to go back to the hospital for a progesterone blood test. This time round they test to see if you have enough in your system and if you don't then they up your cyclogest.  They have to send the blood to morriston,  but the blood analysis machine has broke . So they are airing on the side of caution and I have to have 3 cyclogest a day until Monday when the nurse is supposed to be phoning  to tell me my results , which means I'm going to have to go back to port Talbot to pick up a prescription as I won't have enough cyclogest to last me to test day.  Which is the 6th June

12 days to go .

How are you ? Any symptoms?  When are you testing ? Xx

Offline Natsel

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #852 on: 25/05/18, 16:44 »
    Hi pindy. Sorry to hear about the cancellation. But good to hear you don't have to wait long.

Natsel the 2ww is the most exciting and most terrifying time. How you holding up.

Mrsbura. Congratulations on being PUPO!! How wonderful. Make sure you rest for a couple of days now. Which clinic you in now? I had my follow up appointment in neath this morning, would have been funny if we were sat in the waiting room together and had no idea xx

I'm holding up ok it's only day 2 , but I'm desperate to Google already ! Xx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #853 on: 29/08/18, 12:37 »
    Hi
    Just wandering if anyone has had any success at this clinic of late?
    I know in around 2016 their seemed to be a wave of people having good results but haven't seen any success recently at all here.
    sadly that includes me who , despite starting out as an easy case have not have a single positive result in my (6?) attempts here . they were a combo of IUI and IVF.
     there also seems to be some poor results on peoples embryos not surviving the thaw too.
    anyway ,
    I hope the people still cycling here have a better result than I did
    im looking forward to a new start at a private clinic and hope that makes the difference for me
    KJXX

Offline Mrsbura

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #854 on: 29/08/18, 13:10 »
    Hi Jade!

I'm currently having our 2nd fresh round at WFI, but 4th transfer if that makes sense.

I too haven't seen many successes on here, and I had a look at the HFEA website the other day and the results are dire! Not sure whether they just didn't fill in the forms correctly, but they look horrendous. Our last embryo degraded during thawing and didn't re-inflate which I was surprised at. I'm getting a bit fed up of all the attempts with limited successes, they also don't seem very open to trying anything new or adding anything else into the mid. I shouldn't complain though as I guess I haven't had to pay for it.....

Where have you decided to transition to? Are you staying in UK or going abroad for treatment? I will try this last cycle with WFI before looking at some other options.

Sending you lots of love! x

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #855 on: 29/08/18, 14:29 »
    Mrsbura my two top grade hatching embies died upon thaw too. I found when I was just preparing for transfer around 4 weeks ago.
    the lesser quality ones survived and were transferred but of course was a bfn
    ive also seen a lady on here (cant remember who it was) being told her embies survived but not 100%. how can that be. either embies survive the thaw or they dont
    so whats going on. is there an issue with the lab?
    I couldn't believe it when my top grade blasts just died, and nor could they

what did you see on HFEA cause I tried to find the success rates and couldn't?

im going to go abroad , and hopefully to serum as it appears they deal with ladies who have had multiple failures.  as it seems the success rates are much much higher than UK

I hope you have success on this attempt, im not trying to slate the clinic, im sure some people do get lucky here. it just seems that recently things have been a bit downhill there
    xx

OK just managed to see the success rates  :-[ yeh. not great. for anyone whos interested as I feel people have the right to know, the current rates for UNDER  38s   is 11%. that's at the Cardiff clinic.
    well below the national average and possibly lowest in UK.
    not sure what it is for over 38s   :-\
    the thing is this clinic is not even dealing with complex cases, as for many its peoples first port of call.

anyway don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I certainly feel people have a right to know when entering into tx at this clinic

Offline Natsel

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #856 on: 30/08/18, 19:42 »
    I think I remember two ladies on this board over the two plus years I've been on here .
    Really don't know what to think .

Mrs bura hope your OK . I'm having my next fet on my next cycle which if everything works out right will be about the 2nd week of September .
    In 9 days time its my first wedding anniversary can't believe it was nearly two years ago that I decided to take a break till after the wedding .
    Now I'm down to my last NHS cycle . I know what the problem is , which seems to be implantation failure and there's nowt to solve that . but I'm going on steroids and blood thinners this time so who knows . maybe this will be my time but I highly doubt it .
    I wonder if there's anyone on here from the clinical side of things that read our posts ?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #857 on: 31/08/18, 11:41 »
    sadly I took the time to trawl through HFEA  and currently as it stands WFI Cardiff is worst performing clinic in the UK as far as success rates go.

Neath is marginally better but still very near the bottom at 18% for under 38s. Salisbury fertility  and the homerton in London are also down at the bottom interestingly these are all Nhs  run clinics.
    personally I wish their lack of success  had been made clearer to me before embarking on tx here.
    yes, I saved money. but the emotional and personal cost to me having suffered so many unexplained  failures has not been worth it and has deeply affected me in every aspect.
    im not saying this is necessarily a reflection of the staff here. the particular Dr I have dealt with during my time here has always been very good and does seem very  committed to getting you pregnant . however I would imagine that the cash strapped nhs are simply not going to invest in things like a decent lab or even decent equipment and in turn I'm guessing this is what's driving  the rates way down.

hopefully now people can be more informed and weigh up the decision as to whether to go down this route or instead go private.
    in hindsight I now know which option id choose

Offline Welshone83

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #858 on: 1/09/18, 10:15 »
    Hey KJ and Mrs B,

I’m shocked by this. How can it be so low?!

I do know one lady who has success at Neath .. she was a poor responder and only had two eggs and they were going to pull her treatment before transfer and she wouldn’t be allowed any further goes. She had a massive tantrum and insisted they proceed as had done the expensive part... drugs. They did and now she has a gorge baby girl.

The other lady with server endo in the Heath, had to have laparoscopy and some of endo removed. She’s now pregs on 2nd fresh I think. Shell haBe to have another op after the baby to remove rest of endo.

Perhaps it the reason we get two goes.. or maybe we should go to the press with these shocking stats and see if they can push an investigation or more funding! We should certainly have some reasons why the success rates are so low.