* Author Topic: November / December 2018 Cycle Buddies  (Read 20073 times)

0 Members

Offline Wishingforasiblin

modify
November / December 2018 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #150 on: 16/11/18, 13:41 »
Hi ladies can I join you. Ill try and catch up on all your threads .

As for me:
I started my IVF journey in 2015 after 2 fresh cycles of IVF/ICSI with a FET inbetween I have a beautiful 2 year old but now starting all over again hoping for a sibling.
Been taking norethisterone since Sunday, baseline scan booked in for next week with egg collection planned for December 5th. Forgot all the questions that run through your head.
Does anyone know if they still scan if you are bleeding?

Good luck Misty, Ruby and Am for transfers.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mochashosh

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 16/11/18, 16:16 »
    Welcome aboard, Wishingforasiblin.  Very best of luck to you.  Yes, you can have a scan while you're bleeding.  It's a bit icky, but it's OK.

Am, hope you're planning a day of R&R after that very early transfer.  Let us know how it goes.

I'm going to a dinner for my students tonight.  They tend to bring pasta and pizza and sugary stuff, so I'm going to make a veggie curry that I'm happy to eat, and a chocolate pear pudding which I'm sure they'll be very happy to enjoy!  On Sunday I'm making biscuits for the elderly with 5-8 year olds, but I've lined up my husband to take me to work so I don't have to carry heavy ingredients.

My nausea and stomach ache have pretty much gone, but I'm still having mood swings from one hour to the next.  But it's all good, and I'm determined to enjoy being PUPO as much as I can.

xx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 16/11/18, 16:20 »
    Welcome Wishingforasiblin - yes. I have always been told scans will happen regardless. Good luck for your baseline xxx

Ooo Mochoshosh that sounds like a lovely weekend you have planned (i am hungry reading it!) Hopefully it will help take your mind off things. The baking sounds like it could get messy! Yes I am planning on chilling all weekend - i have some xmas wreath workshops to prepare for so can busy myself with some prep for that if it gets TOO boring. Glad the sickness has gone :)

xx

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 16/11/18, 19:27 »
    Hi Wishingforasiblin! Yes Iíve had baseline scans while Iím still bleeding - not overly pleasant but I donít think they overly mind! I started Norethisterone on Monday so Iím on a similar timescale to you. Iím expecting EC around 10th dec.

Misty and AmWarsy - good luck for tomorrow!

I am officially half way through my Norethisterone! Went for my first ever acupuncture yesterday. The guy doing it is actually a fertility doctor so it was like having a second opinion! Still not sure about the acupuncture side but Iím booked in next week. I left feeling so positive about this round which is great! He genuinely believes Iíve been unlucky and confident (as he can be) there is a good chance this cycle will be the one! He thinks stress is my biggest problem so going to have to practice being calm. Heís told me to have a cup of coffee a day if thatís what I enjoy and a glass and a half of wine a week so I like that! xx

Offline Wishingforasiblin

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 16/11/18, 20:16 »
     Wow Mochoshosh that all sounds lovely. What a lovely thing to do making biscuits for the elderly too.
    Just catching up on your earlier post it is hard when you confuse in people and they can't keep it to themselves. I had it happen last cycle my whole workplace knew despite management being told to keep it to themselves.
    In the end I had to think I'm sure it came from a good place somewhere and things can't be changed so just tried putting the stress away. It's great to have all on here who understand what you're going through to talk to.

Am enjoy resting as much as possible but Xmas wreath workshops sound pretty cool and probably quite relaxing if you k ow what your doing.

Molly we are very similar timescales then. Hopefully we'll have good news the week before Xmas. I started tablets on Sunday for a week. Will be taking Gonal-f and buserelin whilst stimming not looking forward to that.

Offline misty2017

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 16/11/18, 22:59 »
    Hey ladies  :)

just a quick post will update tomorrow

amwarsy best of luck for transfer tomorrow  :)

welcome wishingforasiblin good luck on your cycle  :)

fingers crossed for you embie ruby  :)

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 16/11/18, 23:29 »
    Hi everyone,

Wishingforasiblin - Welcome to the thread!  I'm also trying for a sibling after a successful IVF in 2015.  We are on similar timescales too although I'm not taking Norethisterone, and am now waiting for my cycle to start (due 20th) before I begin stimulation injections.  EC for me is likely to be early December.  I think each clinic is different as mine have allowed me to have a pre-treatment scan to replace the baseline scan which is normally done at the start of the cycle.  Wishing you luck for your treatment, and hoping for good news in time for Christmas.

Molly87 - Congrats on being halfway through the Norethisterone!  Sorry to read you are suffering a bit with the side effects though, it's not for too much longer.  Probably just as well I'm not taking those as I imagine they are similar to the progesterone only pill...they really don't agree with me!  That's brilliant you have a fertility doctor doing your acupuncture and really handy for the extra advice!  Whether the acupuncture itself has any positive effect or not, it sounds like a great thing to do if you are leaving there feeling good!  I also love his advice of a coffee a day if wanted, and to enjoy a glass of wine.  I think I will borrow that advice this weekend, if that is OK? ;D  I have decided to enjoy just one or maybe two glasses at the concert, as injections won't have started by then.  Hopefully AF will arrive on time around the 20th, and I'll call the clinic on CD1.  They said they don't need to do another scan, and I'll just start the injections on either CD2 or CD3.  I'll have my first scan on the fifth day of stimulation.

Mochashosh - I hope you had a good time at your dinner tonight.  That food all sounds lovely!  Good luck for the baking on Sunday, which also sounds like fun!  Haha that's certainly an unusual place to do a trigger shot, in the middle of a field!  I'm sorry to read you haven't been feeling positive.  This process is such an emotional rollercoaster but plenty of success stories at the end of it.  Try not to read too much into statistics.  I am really sorry to read about your experience with the person who wrote an article too.  Sending lots of positivity your way, and hope you are feeling more yourself soon xx

AmWarsy - Wishing you all the best for tomorrow!

ruby100 - Great news about your embryo!  Hoping that you can move to freeze and enjoy your break over Christmas!

misty2017 - Great news too about your embryos!  Good luck for transfer tomorrow.

Sorry if I have missed anyone.  Sending positive wishes to all xx

AFM - I'm going to enjoy my night out on Sunday, and I have a feeling that AF is on her way.  I really hope so!  That will mean first scan may be next weekend, so that will make things a bit easier.

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 17/11/18, 08:51 »
    Shootingstar - I think you definitely should! He thinks the benefit of relaxing and enjoying one or 2 drinks actually outweighs any potential risks! Strangely I poured my one glass of red out last night had 2 sips and really wasnít feeling it! I think knowing I was allowed one actually helped me think I didnít want it! If I felt it was banned I think I would have sat there all night wanting a glass! May enjoy one tonight instead - will see how I feel!

I think the headaches etc were actually caffeine withdrawal as Iím fine now Iím having one cup a day! I really must have been addicted!

Sounds like you are so close to staring!! We are both nearly there and time will fly by soon Iím sure. xx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 17/11/18, 09:51 »
    Oh Molly he sounds like a lovely man. Lol. You enjoy that wine! ;) you're almost ready to start now. Come on!

Enjoy the concert tomorrow too shootingstar. It sounds like a perfect way to kick your cycle off

I am back home with a 'perfect' little 8 cell embryo on board! Can't actually believe we're at this point. The embryologist said it looked exactly how it should and showed us on screen. It was so symmetrical!
    OTD is 28th ..the wait begins!

Good luck for yours misty.

Ruby how are yours getting on?sorry I just 're read and you're not actually doing your transfer are you. Hard to keep up sometimes.

Love to all xxx

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 17/11/18, 12:23 »
    AmWarsy - Congratulations on being PUPO!! Itís such a journey but you made it!! Now try and relax and try not to send yourself crazy over the next couple of weeks! Are you having a blood test on 28th or HPT? xx