* Author Topic: November / December 2018 Cycle Buddies  (Read 20078 times)

0 Members

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
modify
November / December 2018 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 31/10/18, 22:02 »
Hi everyone,

AmWarsy - Hoping that AF doesn't keep you waiting for too much longer.  Typical isn't it, when you want her to arrive, she does a disappearing act?!

Molly87 - I did exactly the same on my first iVF, hot water bottle on the tummy and the back!  I swore it helped :)  Oh gosh, I'm kind of glad I've refused the Norethisterone now if it can have that effect lol...  But I suppose I still have the uncertainty of will I start my period on time!  Good to hear you have your drugs appointment sorted, I have mine on 9th Nov.  My clinic have also switched drugs company since the last IVF and I think they mentioned they may deliver to the clinic.  I might have to check that out again.  Wishing you luck for the coming weeks!  When will you start stimulation injections?  It sounds like we are on a similar timing.

misty2017 - Glad the injections are going well so far and you have 'cracked it' with the ampoules!  During stimulation injections a few years back, I used a hot water bottle on front and back each night, ate LOADS of nuts (I'm not even sure that's such a good idea but it was my way of getting protein), and drank LOADS of water.  I tried not to drink much milk, and switched for almond milk instead on Alpen, ate more healthily in general and just cut tea and coffee altogether and drank water instead.

Mochashosh - Ah yuk, I really didn't know that!  Haha your posts make me smile too.  You're right, I must try not to stress about the very unlikely event that my cycle would be 36 days long.  If it does happen, I think it would be the first time ever!  But the Christmas thing really is a pain.  They do sound like they try very much to work around it if possible though which is good.  After a long wait of close on a year to get going again, another month's wait will not be the end of the world if it were to happen.  I just think about my declining egg quality...  But a pregnancy for Christmas really would be the very best gift of all.  I hope we all get that gift on this Christmas thread!  Aww that is a little bit funny about the needle incident and can't blame you for laughing a bit - you are right, us ladies have to go through much much worse.  They would be far more afraid of the scans we have to endure! ;D  Hope your reconstituted wee injections are going OK! :)

AFM - Nothing to report, just keeping as busy as possible!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 1/11/18, 10:57 »
    She's arrived! Woke me up at 3am just to be an extra b*tch
    So first injection tomorrow then i have booked my progress scans in for day 7, 9 and 12. EEK!
    Will let you all know how i get on xxx

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 1/11/18, 12:19 »
    Yay AmWarsy so pleased you can finally get going! Good luck with the first injection. xx

Shooting star - what clinic are you at? Apparently itís just the first lot that go to the clinic then you can have home delivery! They are using Lloyds now. Yes at least my period is pretty guaranteed. I tend to bleed about 2 days after I stop! Sounds like we are very much on the same timescales! I predict Iíll have my next bleed around 25th nov and will have a scan and start stimms around 26th / 27th. You just never know though do you! When do you think you will start? xx

Offline misty2017

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 1/11/18, 15:02 »
     Amwarsy, how exciting, good luck with first injection tomorrow  :)

thanks for the tip ladies, currently sat with hotwater bottle  ;D

Offline EDSister

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 1/11/18, 16:17 »
    Hi Everyone,

Just tagging myself in hope thats ok. AF arrived today so I also start injecting tomorrow for short protocol. This is our first cycle with ICSI and now its all go I'm not going to lie I'm pretty nervous.

I am off out this evening to get a heating pad  ;D

Offline misty2017

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 1/11/18, 20:35 »
    hi EDsister welcome, good luck with first injection tomorrow  :)

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 1/11/18, 20:38 »
    Hi everyone,

EDSister - Welcome to the thread!  This is already shaping up to be a great thread for support.  Being nervous is totally normal.  Great to hear AF has arrived for you and you can get on with injecting.  Good to have a bit of heat for stimulation injections.  The only thing I read not to do is use an electric blanket.  Not sure about the reason why.  I have two hot water bottles which I must get out ready.  Wishing you luck with your first cycle!

misty2017 - Hope you are doing OK!

Molly87 - I'm at the Hewitt centre in Liverpool.  I still have to check where the drugs are going to, and think I will give them a call tomorrow.  I just want to be sure so I don't do something daft like forget to pick them up.  I've paid a delivery charge but I suppose I would need to pay that even if they were being delivered to the clinic.  This is my second fresh cycle with them but the first was a few years back.  It sounds like our cycles are very close as mine is due around 20th Nov.  But you can bet that AF will keep me waiting haha!!  So if that happens, we could be on the same day.  I'm going straight into injections I think on CD2 or CD3.  The waiting is already killing me! ;D

Mochashosh - How are the injections going?  When are you having your first scan?

AmWarsy - Yeay, great news that AF has arrived!  Good luck with your first injection and great that you already have dates for your scans!

Hope everyone is doing OK!

AFM - Still waiting!  First appointment on the 9th for drugs and baseline scan.  Then I'll know how many antral follicles I'm starting with...  I know at a scan last year, I was surprised that there were actually more than there were a few years earlier.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 1/11/18, 22:28 »
    Shooting star Iím at the Hewitt centre as well! Small world! My drugs appt was actually supposed to be the 9th but Iím on a course at work so they moved it to the 8th! I havenít paid for my drugs yet - still waiting for the prescription. How long did yours take to come? I might chase it up tomorrow. xx

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 1/11/18, 23:26 »
    Molly87 - Wow it is a small world!  That's a coincidence too about the drugs appointments, we could have been sat in the waiting room together!  The invoice for the drugs was actually quite fast coming once I'd rung in with my period.  I booked in with my period on Tuesday 23rd, the invoice arrived on the Friday, and I paid it that evening.  I called on the Monday to confirm they had received the money and they had, but so far no contact from Lloyds about the delivery.  I'll call the nurses tomorrow to ask whether it will be going there to collect at the drugs appointment, or if it will be delivered to home :) xx

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 2/11/18, 12:42 »
    I called today and apparently my invoice was sent out yesterday so hopefully it will have arrived today and I can pay tonight. They said I only need to pay by tues! My understanding is once you pay then the prescription is released to the Hewitt centre. How much was your delivery charge? I never had to pay one with pharmasure and that was tracked delivery to my home! xx