Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

November / December 2018 Cycle Buddies

27K views 437 replies 22 participants last post by  BEmama 
#1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in November / December 2018

Please read the FAQ here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , Test Date , Outcome

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey ladies!
Ill take the plunge and go first as I think this is the board I should be on

Due to start stimms on day 2 of next cycle which should be some time next week. First round of IVF. Using DS as DH was diagnosed with SCO after a failed MTESE back in March. Feels like it has taken so long to get here (we'd previously been trying for just on 2 years) but I know it isn't half as long as some people. I am trying to be realistic to the fact that odds are it probably won't work first time but also fighting back excitement, fear (that DH won't bond with the baby - this is a major worry at the mo), anxiety - everything!

I am starting on 300 of Bemfola, then dropping to 225, then Cetrotide etc. Not sure how / why they decide on the measurements - is that a high dose or not etc?

Looking forward to chatting with you all as it definitely helps xx <3

#3 ·
hey ladies

I'm on oct/nov thread because i started downregging on the 16th oct but i don't actually start my stimms till next week, i have a scan and bloods on Tuesday so will know more then, i'm going to try and keep up with 2 thread ( its hard enough with one)  ;D

Hi amwarsy, as far as i know the dose is only a guide based on blood test results (amh etc..)
i'm on 300iui on meriofert and 0.25 burserelin.
Good luck with your cycle hun x

#4 ·
Hi everyone,

Great to see this board has opened!

misty2017 - Same here, I started posting on the Oct/Nov thread too.  But I have a little wait before my cycle begins, around the 23rd Nov.  I'm on a short cycle, so will start stimulation injections with that period.  Good luck with your blood test!

AmWarsy - Hoping that AF arrives on time for you and she doesn't keep you waiting!  Have you connected with the DCN?  I would recommend looking up some of their resources if you have any questions at all about the donor sperm aspect.  Anxiety is a completely natural part of embarking on IVF too.  I'll be on 225 Meriofert and then 0.25 Cetrotide.  Clinics vary in how they decide on the amounts.  My clinic used to base on age and FSH, but now base on age and AMH.

AFM - Feeling excited about this upcoming cycle.  I've had a lot of failed FETs / IUIs throughout 2017 and the start of 2018, and I've had a long wait to try again.  This will be my second fresh cycle of IVF.  Looking forward to chatting to you all xx

#5 ·
Hi all!

This is my first round of IVF (ICSI) and my first post on the site... Although I've been lurking for a while in the run up to my own cycle starting  ::)

I am on a long protocol, so started my nasal sprays last week. If everything goes to plan I might be starting stimms next week, but who knows?!

Looking forward to following all of your journeys too xx

#6 ·
Hello everyone

I'm going to pop on here and say hello, because I may be starting tomorrow - or not.  My clinic doesn't seem to realize that my period doesn't know that it shouldn't start on the weekend, and hasn't provided me with the drugs I'm supposed to use - which I'm supposed to start tomorrow morning.  This is my fourth go at ICSI, but my first with this clinic, and it's not going well so far, which doesn't bode well, so I may end up pulling out - or the decision may be made for me if the drugs don't arrive.

BizzieLizzie, welcome to the site.  Everyone is lovely here, so please ask questions, vent etc as you need.  You'll be fine.

Ann, best of luck for the first round.  It took me ages to get started too, because I was so opposed to the process, but my husband has a blockage and poor sperm, so we have no choice.  He won't let me use a donor, but I guess that's fair, as I won't use donor eggs, despite my being very old indeed for this game.

I'm combining menopur and gonal for the first time.  At one stage I'll be on 3 injections a day - not such a great protocol for a needle-phobe like me.  Not sure how I will cope.  And I miss the nurse at my old clinic very much.

Look forward to being with you either this month or next.

xx

#7 ·
Hi all,

So I am about to embark on my 3rd cycle of IVF (4th transfer). I had 2 fresh cycles in March and July and a FET in august. Unfortunately all BFN! My husband has been diagnosed with Sertoli Cell Only syndrome so we are using donor sperm. I’ve just had further blood testing and a biopsy to check for elevated NK cells to see if they can identify any reason the embryos are not implanting but all came back fine!

AF arrived today so I’ll call the clinic tomorrow. I’m on the short protocol but my clinic has me take norethisterone for 10 days then have another bleed first! So I’m expecting to start stimming at the end of November with egg collection / transfer mid December. They are upping my medication again this time in the hope of getting more eggs (although I got 16 last time!). I’ll be on 375iui meriofert and cetrotide.

xx

#8 ·
Hi all
Lovely to hear from you all. Thanks for your well wishes. Good luck to everyone - let's hope we all have good news these coming weeks eh.

I am learning fast not to compare my treatment plan / drugs etc to anybody else as it differs so much between clinics!

Still no AF for me but only on day 25. Past few cycles have been 25/26 days so hoping it arrives tomorrow!

xxx

#9 ·
Hi everyone,

AmWarsy - Definitely, and good luck to you too.  Hopefully this will be a board with many BFPs!  Yes, everything differs so much between people and clinics, so no point comparing.  Hoping that AF arrives soon for you!

Molly87 - Welcome to the thread!  Sorry to read about your previous cycles.  Sometimes it's just bad luck.  My fresh transfer after IVF worked.  But in trying for a sibling I had all four remaining frozen embryos transferred separately and was not successful.  We won't be far apart with our cycles as mine started on 23rd, and I have to wait until the end of November for my next period to start stimulation injections.  I declined the Norethisterone, only because I hadn't had it on the first IVF cycle, and wanted everything to be as similar as possible.  But I hear that it's fairly standard practice now to use it.  Wishing you luck for your upcoming cycle!

Mochashosh - Welcome to the thread!  Sorry to hear that there was a bit of uncertainty with the start of your cycle.  I hope you managed to get things cleared up today.  Did the drugs arrive and have you been able to start?

BizzieLizzie - Welcome to the thread too!  I hope all goes to plan and you can start next week.

AFM - Just waiting for the drugs to arrive now and will go for my baseline scan on 9th November.  Nothing else to report!

#10 ·
Hi guys

Well, we got started after a hideous amount of stress yesterday when my clinic said we couldn't be monitored by them, and I refused point blank to be monitored by the hospital, saying that this should all have been sorted out previously.  They then tried to claim that they couldn't handle my surgery through their own clinic because of my 'medical situation', which is completely untrue, as I don't have a medical situation; the only reason we're going to the hospital for surgery is because our frozen sperm is there.  And the manager who spoke to me shouldn't really have known anything about my medical situation anyway; she was a practice manager, not a doctor.  Anyway, it's sorted now, for better or worse.  I'll do this cycle with them, but hopefully I will never have to go back.  I thought I would have a better experience than with the last clinic, but I think it's worse.  Never thought I'd be saying that!

Anyway, we got a huge box of drugs yesterday.  None of our bills are itemized, so we don't know what we're paying for each drugs and what are admin charges from the pharmacy.  Either way, the drugs are much more expensive than on previous cycles.  I'm stressed about the amount of hours I'll have to work to make back the money - my students had better not get sick, as I need the work!  Then we had to mix the menopur.  My husband stuck himself with the big needle trying to open it, and it really upset him (not surprised), so now he's spooked.  We've done a couple of shots, and this morning's is still hurting 2 hours later.

First scan booked for Friday.  I really don't have any confidence in this, which is a problem.  This is my 4th time and it should be plain sailing but I'm just terrified of what's going to go wrong next, and I know this is the wrong state of mind to have.

How is everyone else doing?

xxx

#11 ·
Hey ladies  :)

shootingstar777- thanks hun, i'm glad your feeling excited, i really hope this cycle works for you.

bizzielizzie- Goodluck with your cycle hun, when will you find out about starting stimms ?

mochashosh- sorry you have had a ****ty start to your cycle, good luck with fridays scan.

molly87- sorry about your failed cycles, good luck with this one hun.

Amwarsy- fingers crossed AF arrives soon.

AFM- scan and bloods were okay  :) just got the go ahead to start stimms tomorrow eekk i'm excited to get going ( slight fear of not responding again) but i'm going to try and not worry about something i can't change. first scan on the 7th nov.
Let's hope the mixing goes well, these glass snap the top of vials scare me  ;D

#12 ·
Thanks all  :) My husband is away with work this week so it's nice to feel not quite so on my own!!

misty2017 - I've got my downreg scan on Monday so will know for certain then... congrats on getting the go ahead.

Mochashosh - so sorry to hear about all the stress. Fingers crossed all goes ok for you on Friday.

Question for you all from a newbie: how are you stopping yourself going  ^idiot^ all the waiting and uncertainty is already driving me around the bend  ::)

#13 ·
Hi BizzieLizzie

It's easy to go round the twist, isn't it?  Are you working, and does that keep you busy?  I'm trying to get past all the stress and upset by finding some projects to get on with.  I'm self-employed and I tutor every evening and teach at the weekend, so my pupils keep me on the go, and I'm also decluttering my flat, which is a massive job.  Aside from that, plenty of treats, and box sets when all else fails.  I see applications for 'Bakeoff 2019' are open.  It might be the only way I'll ever get a bun in the oven.

And when I stop crying I try to put the funniest spin on it I can, and tell it to a particular friend.  Tonight I told her, "I won't be staying, I've got to inject myself with reconstituted pensioners' pee".  She didn't believe me!

I'm starting to swell up like a melon already; these must be mighty drugs.  I'm already very fat indeed at the best of times; by the time I'm ready to harvest I'll be spherical at this rate.

While your husband is away, why not arrange a 'play date' with a girlfriend?  You'll be so bogged down with injections and scans when you start stimming that you'll have less time, so enjoy while you can.

You've got this, lady.

xxx

#14 ·
Hi everyone,

Mochashosh - Sorry to hear you haven't had the best of starts to your cycle, but loving that you are putting a funny spin on things to cope.  It's such a stressful time and a bit of a giggle never harms!  Oh dear, reconstituted pee?  Tell me these injections don't contain that?!  Good to read that you are keeping busy too.

BizzieLizzie - That's the best advice from Mochashosh to keep busy.  I also found box sets particularly useful through the waiting phases in my first IVF!  The uncertainty is a constant theme, so can totally relate.

misty2017 - Thank you!  I hope we are all lucky, keeping fingers crossed!  Good to read your bloods and scan were both fine and you can start injections!  Everything crossed that you respond well.  Are they changing anything with your protocol this time?  The glass ampoules may have come with a plastic tool to help you to break them.  I don't much like them either!  Wishing you luck with your injections!

AFM - I called the clinic today just to make sure all was OK with the drugs delivery.  Everything is fine but the nurse mentioned on the call that the last day I can call in with my period will be 27th November as they have a Christmas shutdown.  This should be OK but I panicked a little because it means I'm now going to be nervous that my cycle may decide to do something strange and be more than 35 days long.  It's like clockwork every 28-30 days so it really would be bad luck to have a 36 day cycle, which would mean having to delay for a month.  But we all know how unpredictable our bodies can be when it comes to IVF!

#15 ·
Shootingstar, I'm not sure which meds you're on, but this is my first time on Menopur, and yes, it's derived from urine.  I nearly asked if they were taking the (word that rhymes with 'miss'), but I think they would have thrown me out!

I'm sure your cycle won't be 35+ days if it's normally regular, so try not to stress about something that's very unlikely, if that's at all possible.  This Christmas thing is a real pain, isn't it?  I fell foul of it last year, and if I'd not been able to start this week I might have been a victim of the Christmas shutdown again this year.  Anyway, perhaps you'll have a pregnancy for Christmas, which would be the best gift of all, even if you don't tell anyone about it at first.  That's what I keep thinking; a healthy pregnancy is all I want for Christmas. 

I guess I'll be having a go at breaking the glass for myself in a couple of days, because I think my husband is terrified after his needle injury.  I'm ashamed to admit that we all laughed at him a bit.  It's not very kind, but compared to what us ladies have to go through he really can't complain.  If anyone has any tips for getting everything done without injuring ourselves or scattering the solvent to the four winds, that would be great.  Gonal is so much simpler.  I never thought I could get blase about Gonal, but life has a funny way of dealing you the hand you least expect.

Must try and sleep now.  More reconstituted wee in the morning, and then I have a client to see. 

Sweet dreams, everyone.
xx

#16 ·
Haha Mochashosh your posts make me lol. I am on Bemfola and Cetrotide *currently googling what's in those*! I actually get Bemfola in a pen so no need for mixing which i am happy about. Also lol at your DH (sorry!) Men really do have no idea. Mine seemed quiet excited at the thought of giving me mine, but i think it is best if i do them myself (as i will probably kill him if he hurts me)

Shootingstar good luck with the next cycle - try not think about it as it will just stress you out even more. I just KNEW i'd end up having a longer cycle this month. (Stil no AF) Sods law

BizzieLizzie I am also with you on the going crazy front. It is all I seem to think about. I am still working at the moment and probably will do throughout treatment  but I don't have a very stressful job and I can work from home when i need to. I also have a little florist side business which i am going to be quite busy with over the next few weeks so that will hopefully help. I also downloaded the Mindful IVF app last night. I listened to a podcast with the guy on it who set it up and he had such a calming voice and was very experienced in natural fertility treatment so i thought i would give it a go. Anything to help ease my mind. I must also say that my acupuncture sessions have helped. I just feel more peaceful if that makes sense!?

Misty - good to hear you're ready to go! Good luck :) xxx

#17 ·
Hi all,

Shootingstar - yes I have used norethisterone on my 2 fresh cycles so know what to expect! I got quite angry on it the first time 🙈, second time I wasn’t so crazy! I had the Christmas panic but luckily I’ve managed to start a month earlier than planned! Mainly because I’m skipping my second biopsy for Nk cells! Couldn’t stand waiting 2 more cycles!

Mochashosh - sorry you’ve had a bad start. Fingers crossed for your scan.

Misty2017 - exciting! Have you had your first injection yet? I’m useless with those glass snap lids at first!! I’m hoping all the injecting comes back to me!

Bizzielizzie - it’s a tough process, I found my first cycle easier as I didn’t really know what to expect or how things should go so my second one sent me a bit more crazy. I’m just trying to relax and think what will be will be! I break it down into lots of processes and see getting through each part as a success and a big tick! The time flies once you get going.

AmWarsy - so typical isn’t it! How late are you now? Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

AFM - I’m officially booked in to go and have my drugs appointment on 8th Nov. They have swapped drugs company and this one deliver to the clinic rather than home which is a pain and means an extra trip but never mind! I’m on the highest dose this time despite having an AMH of 23! I just don’t respond that well considering. I’m expecting to be waddling around after a week on stimms! xx

#18 ·
Hey ladies  :)

Bizzielizzie- The waiting part is the worst  ;D once you start stimms it will go really fast till the dreaded 2ww, then google becomes your worst nightmare and you feel even more crazy haha, im just going to try distract myself with boxsets.

shootingstar- yeah last time i was on short protocol with menopur and cetrotide, this time with private clinic im on long protocol with buserelin and meriofert. so fingers crossed.
your right about unpredictable bodies  ;D AF is always late when you want it, always on time when your going on holiday haha, fingers crossed she arrived on time.

mochashosh- i didn't know that about menopur  ;D The thing we do eh!! my partner hates needle so im on my own haha

Amwarsy- Its good your feeling peaceful  :)

molly87- yeah just had my first one this morning,2 injections a day now, i'm also a poor responder hoping a higher dose will work for us. :)

AFM- first injection went well  :) the glass vial broke perfect, the plastic tool really helped, i'm feeling very bloated already but that probably due to the amount of food i ate  ;D Had a meal out with family.
i'm going to try and up my protein, i don't like coffee so don't have much caffeine anyway and i love water and drink 3 litre's a day. Any other useful tips for the stimming stage ? x

#20 ·
Glad your first went ok Misty. I bet the first is the worst. 

Hey Molly. Good to hear you have your drugs app and things are moving. Hopefully you'll respond well this time.
My cycle has been 25/26 days for the past 4months. I'm on day 27 today..which isn't unusual but was hoping to have started by now. I'm just being impatient and need to just chill. Best learn how to as it will be needed.

I'm finally sitting down after a busy night answering the door to trick or treaters. Always bitter sweet especially when the little cuties knock & my ovaries twitch.another year of thinking "hopefully I can dress up my little baby next year!" Xx

#21 ·
Hi everyone,

AmWarsy - Hoping that AF doesn't keep you waiting for too much longer.  Typical isn't it, when you want her to arrive, she does a disappearing act?!

Molly87 - I did exactly the same on my first iVF, hot water bottle on the tummy and the back!  I swore it helped :)  Oh gosh, I'm kind of glad I've refused the Norethisterone now if it can have that effect lol...  But I suppose I still have the uncertainty of will I start my period on time!  Good to hear you have your drugs appointment sorted, I have mine on 9th Nov.  My clinic have also switched drugs company since the last IVF and I think they mentioned they may deliver to the clinic.  I might have to check that out again.  Wishing you luck for the coming weeks!  When will you start stimulation injections?  It sounds like we are on a similar timing.

misty2017 - Glad the injections are going well so far and you have 'cracked it' with the ampoules!  During stimulation injections a few years back, I used a hot water bottle on front and back each night, ate LOADS of nuts (I'm not even sure that's such a good idea but it was my way of getting protein), and drank LOADS of water.  I tried not to drink much milk, and switched for almond milk instead on Alpen, ate more healthily in general and just cut tea and coffee altogether and drank water instead.

Mochashosh - Ah yuk, I really didn't know that!  Haha your posts make me smile too.  You're right, I must try not to stress about the very unlikely event that my cycle would be 36 days long.  If it does happen, I think it would be the first time ever!  But the Christmas thing really is a pain.  They do sound like they try very much to work around it if possible though which is good.  After a long wait of close on a year to get going again, another month's wait will not be the end of the world if it were to happen.  I just think about my declining egg quality...  But a pregnancy for Christmas really would be the very best gift of all.  I hope we all get that gift on this Christmas thread!  Aww that is a little bit funny about the needle incident and can't blame you for laughing a bit - you are right, us ladies have to go through much much worse.  They would be far more afraid of the scans we have to endure! ;D  Hope your reconstituted wee injections are going OK! :)

AFM - Nothing to report, just keeping as busy as possible!

#23 ·
Yay AmWarsy so pleased you can finally get going! Good luck with the first injection. xx

Shooting star - what clinic are you at? Apparently it’s just the first lot that go to the clinic then you can have home delivery! They are using Lloyds now. Yes at least my period is pretty guaranteed. I tend to bleed about 2 days after I stop! Sounds like we are very much on the same timescales! I predict I’ll have my next bleed around 25th nov and will have a scan and start stimms around 26th / 27th. You just never know though do you! When do you think you will start? xx

#24 ·
Amwarsy, how exciting, good luck with first injection tomorrow  :)

thanks for the tip ladies, currently sat with hotwater bottle  ;D

#25 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just tagging myself in hope thats ok. AF arrived today so I also start injecting tomorrow for short protocol. This is our first cycle with ICSI and now its all go I'm not going to lie I'm pretty nervous.

I am off out this evening to get a heating pad  ;D

#26 ·
hi EDsister welcome, good luck with first injection tomorrow  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.