* Author Topic: Overseas IVF clinics - options  (Read 4201 times)

0 Members

Offline Frome123

• Un-Ranked
modify
Overseas IVF clinics - options
« on: 30/10/18, 14:05 »
Hi there

We are a lesbian couple trying (so far unsuccessfully) for a baby via IUI. After our 3rd attempt failed we have reconciled that we will have one more stab at IUI as we have already purchased the donor sperm.

We have started investigating IVF clinics, and as I'm sure everyone has noticed it is substantially cheaper to go overseas (we are UK based).  I'm quickly discovering that countries such as Poland, Lithuania and Czech do not allow either same sex couples or single women have treatment. 

Has anyone else come across this problem and found a suitable clinic overseas that will accommodate LGBT couples, and which countries deem it acceptable?!

thank you in advance

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online BEmama

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 30/10/18, 18:20 »
    Denmark is a good bet for same-sex couples.

Offline Flyby

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 12/11/18, 09:40 »
    I had IVF in Athens at a clinic called Serum. They are really happy to treat same sex coupleís, however all the paperwork is only needed to be filled by the person having the treatment as I donít think Greece legally recognise same sex coupleís. It made no difference to the treatment, parental rights or anything else. Flyby.

Offline Lulu2017

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 12/11/18, 13:30 »
    Hi Frome, wow thatís outrageous that some clinics donít allow same sex couples, sorry youíre having to contend with that too - really unfair. Iím
    Not in a same sex couple but I had treatment at Gent UZ (in Ghent, Belgium) and Iím pretty sure they treat both same sex and single women, and I  would recommend then. I live in Kent so was super easy to get over there too as you can get the eurotunnel but not sure where you are based. Good luck xxx

Online BEmama

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 12/11/18, 16:57 »
    Just so you know, Belgium has anonymous donor laws, so they will not allow you to choose a donor yourself (you will be matched) or have any information about them, nor can your child ever find out who they were. That is the reason why after a consult in the UZ Ghent we decided against going there. Other that that they were very friendly (we are a same-sex couple).

Offline Frome123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 30/12/18, 23:47 »
    Thank you all for your responses.

We are still shopping around for clinics..  Thanks for the tip off on Belgium. We'll avoid bothering with them!

Offline bombsh3ll

• Gold Member
    • 50% science, 50% prayer, 100% love.
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 19/01/19, 20:25 »
    North Cyprus is definitely open to all demographics but safety standards are not what they are in northern Europe. I wouldn't personally go there for OE if one of you wants to stim, but if you are interested in embryo adoption that's a good safe & relatively cheap option you could do there without the risks of EC.

B x

Offline ChrisLove

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 26/02/19, 09:18 »
    hi girls,

I'm new in this forum. I'm Spanish, but my wife is English and we live in England. We now want to be parents and we decided to go abroad to do the treatment. We are going to FIV Marbella, near Malaga, where they do a treatment called ROPA Method. I had never heard about it so I called for information. Basically they will use my eggs to creat an embryo with donor's sperm and than transfer the blasto into my wife's uterus. I think it's a good possibility for same-sex couples. have you already heard about it?

Offline sisi86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 26/02/19, 11:31 »
    Hi,

I have a friend who is looking for an IVF clinic, they are also a lesbian couple. I invited her to come to find information here as I have found information for my treatment here. Were you able to find a clinic, and also if you had found your clinic did you found good places where you can gather information because she keeps saying that there is a lack of info.

She is currently looking at the options in Cyprus.

Hi there

We are a lesbian couple trying (so far unsuccessfully) for a baby via IUI. After our 3rd attempt failed we have reconciled that we will have one more stab at IUI as we have already purchased the donor sperm.

We have started investigating IVF clinics, and as I'm sure everyone has noticed it is substantially cheaper to go overseas (we are UK based).  I'm quickly discovering that countries such as Poland, Lithuania and Czech do not allow either same sex couples or single women have treatment. 

Has anyone else come across this problem and found a suitable clinic overseas that will accommodate LGBT couples, and which countries deem it acceptable?!

thank you in advance

Offline bombsh3ll

• Gold Member
    • 50% science, 50% prayer, 100% love.
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 26/02/19, 19:29 »
    hi girls,

I'm new in this forum. I'm Spanish, but my wife is English and we live in England. We now want to be parents and we decided to go abroad to do the treatment. We are going to FIV Marbella, near Malaga, where they do a treatment called ROPA Method. I had never heard about it so I called for information. Basically they will use my eggs to creat an embryo with donor's sperm and than transfer the blasto into my wife's uterus. I think it's a good possibility for same-sex couples. have you already heard about it?

Yes that is called partner to partner egg donation & it is a fantastic option! The gestating partner isn't exposed to the stim hormones so she has the most favourable intrauterine environment for conception, & when a biological connection to the child is important to both partners it checks that box too! I cycled at FIV Marbella and they were great. Top quality treatment and they really listen and are flexible with what you want.

Best wishes,

B x