* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 24205 times)

0 Members

Offline Aley

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #110 on: 17/12/18, 10:35 »
Delighted for you mrscoyle! Girls are so cute!

I remember when we said it to my wifeís grandma that weíre having a boy her reaction was like Ďoh, a boy...oh, a girl would have been nicerí type of thing and then when we went to visit her we realised that over the years she bought a big box full of baby clothes Ďjust in caseí. 90% of them were for girls
I think sheís come around the idea sheíll have a great grandson...all those pink clothes though

Hello to all the rest, hope everyone is ok!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 17/12/18, 10:44 »
    Aley - Thank you hun, lol bless your grandma! Yes I think I did secretly want a girl the most Iím like the most girly person you have ever met! Even my hair is pink! Although I have a couple of friends have gorgeous boys! So I would have loved a boy as well tho. My god son is amazing.
    Well you know I have to say I would be putting pink on my little boy if I was having 1 lol, all the gender rules annoy me! Boys like pink too, in fact Iím babysitting a little boy today, we are currently doing sewing and he has his hair in bunches and is wearing his Snow White dress, heís 5 and lovely. X x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 17/12/18, 10:51 »
    Hi All,

How are you all? One week to go then hopefully we can all relax for a few days!

Aley - how are you feeling? I'm so sorry. It's only qhen I saw MrsCs note that I realised I hadn't replied  :( I had meant to. I totally agree with Mrs C though and esp given your work schedule I think whenever you have any doubts you should just call in sick as they don't seem to be making it any easier for you and if you don't shake the cold off quickly it could linger for much longer. I really hope you feel better soon. Colds are rotten x

Janeliot - pleased to hear you are feeling a little brighter and that your little boy is doing OK - it sounds like he is keeping the nurses on their toes! I know the weekend wasn't the one you planned but he is in the right place, he will be home soon and you can all enjoy a special Christmas together  :) I'm really pleased your husband is taking such good care of you all too. In response to your question, I'll be 16w tomorrow and we already know we're having a girl based on Harmony test results.

Mrs C - sounds like you are having lots of fun with your big reveal - sounds brilliant and very high tech ;D Yes, please send me a pic of the bauble by email  :) and your Christmas jumper!!

How is everyone else doing? Has anyone signed up for NCT courses yet? Not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself but at my first MW appt she advised bookig early as they fill up. I made an enquiry and then looked at dates and it's a bit challenging to say the least. Because of hubbys work schedule we only have two small windows when we can take any holiday between now and when we are due. There are two NCT options for June babies. The first he misses half if it but we can feasibly just about squeeze in a 6 day break without missing a session. The second option he can potentially be here for more sessions but we would both miss two as they clash with the only time we could be away  :-\

Also, Janeliot did you do NCT before? For the times when hubby is away, would it be really weird if I went on my own? TBH I think I may feel a bit weird with my mum there although she'd probably love to come. We moved back to my home town a couple of years ago but my two close friends here have children and husbands who also work away a lot so I don't want to ask them and my sister moved to Shetland a year ago  :( All of my other close friends are in London so that doesn't work either. Any thoughts? Also how critical would you say the breast feeding course is? I'm guessing they help with that at the hospital anyway? If we selected the dates when hubby is here, although we would miss two sessions, one of them is the breast-feeding one so maybe that can be covered elsewhere? Bit of a brain bender! Any thoughts appreciated!

Right better do some work!

Have a good day everyone xx

Offline Fairylight17

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 17/12/18, 16:33 »
    Good evening ladies,
    Some of you Iím familiar with from the early pregnancy/awaiting scans thread and think now is the right time for me to rejoin you if you donít mind! I am  Still pregnant and now 17 weeks Wednesday! (Canít beilve Iím writing that 😂)  My anxiety is getting better but am still suffering as most of us do! I am signed off work too which doesnít help but this is due to the compliacations I had at the beginning and the internal bleeding but slowly on the mend now but unlikely I will be able to return to work until after the baby! I can see some of you have had gender scans, how exciting and congratulations xxx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 17/12/18, 21:11 »
    Hi Fairylight- congratulations on being 17 weeks!  I had lots of bleeding in the first trimester with my son and was signed off work for a few weeks. They treated me very gently when I got back to work but it is a job where I was able to take things more slowly. The bleeding is horrible. I had a scare last week and it totally knocked me. It really does though. Once you can really feel your baby you will begin to feel so much better. Well done for coping with all of that though, itís not nice.

Honeybee- I did do NCT classes but we ended up with a bit of a small group. We still get together occasionally, we missed a meet up this Sunday actually. But I canít say that weíve bonded brilliantly. People told me to do them as you meet life long friends, and I know people who have, but it hasnít really worked with this group.  Youíre right about the breast feeding. Your local childrenís centre might do some classes. I went a long to the cholestrum harvesting one, it was a bit over the top but they did go over the same points. I also did get brilliant help in hospital as we did end up having to stay a few days as they were worried that my son had an infection. And then a breast feeding consultant cams to see us at home and I went to the local children centre for some help too as we were struggling a bit. So no, itís not essential to be there for breastfeeding. Thereís also one session where only the ladies attend. I donít think it would be strange to attend some on your own. Hubby might want to be there for the first one or two. I think each groupís experience is based on who leads. Ours were nothing like what they portray in films with the pregnant woman doing the panting while being supported by her birthing oartner. I canít remember doing that at all. Although we did look at birthing positions. You could call up the NCT help line. One of the couples in our group missed a bout 2 or 3 sessions, mostly due to giving birth a little earlier than the rest of us. I did sign up a wee bit too late, part of my paranoia, so itís not a bad idea to start thinking about it now. I hope thatís some help. Iíve wiggled a bit I think.

Alley- hope youíre feeling better. Have you managed to rest a bit? Hope youíre ok. Thatís so sweet about your wifeís grandma. There must be some clothes sheís saved that your baby could have? My brother did end up in dresses when he was very small.  My dresses. Why not, bet he looked cute. Shame there arenít any pictures.

Mrs c- I love your reveal plans. Iím glad youíre having fun with it. I agree about the whole gender stuff. That little boy sounds like a brilliant character. What a sweet little thing.

AFM - I am finally chilling at home. So happy to be here. My son was over joyed to be home. We did some crazy Christmas dancing and shaking if maracas and bells. So much fun having a little one, itís tough but oh sooooooo worth every moment.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 17/12/18, 23:47 »
    Janeliot - so glad to hear you so. Is home and happy yay! Thatís fab news!

Fairylight - Iv missed you! Glad to hear things are going well and that you will be resting up now.
    Iím also 17w today, feeling my little GIRL moving around now! So happy this is the best Christmas ever! I hope your feeling better? X

Honeybee - thank you yes been fab, no problem I will send you an e-mail tomorrow, I am wearing my maternity Christmas jumper as well! Canít wait! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fairylight17

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 18/12/18, 11:29 »
    Janeelliot- I work in a nursery with 2 year olds well 26 of them to be honest and itís very hands on lots of getting up and down from the floor or very little chairs and we look after some children who need 1:1 support who hit out a lot!
    MrsC- wow congratulations on finding out your having a little girl how amazing!! I am beginning to feel flutters at least 3 times a day now feels amazing doesnít it 😌 Iím glad Iím back on the thread missed everyone xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 18/12/18, 13:01 »
    Fairylight - Thank you, its exciting, thats fab you are also feeling flutters. Pleased to hear you are glad to be back. you where missed x x

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 19/12/18, 12:49 »
    Hey everyone,

Fairylight  So nice to see you again and glad that everything is going just fine!

Janeliot thank God your son is now home and well and so glad you are feeling better and everything was just a scare..

Mrsc awww a girl! Congratulations! I'm so glad your scan went well xx

Kayte how are you? Xx

Honey how are you doing? Xx

Alley hope you are ok! Your wife's grandma is so sweet xx

Afm I have my scan tomorrow,  I'll be 16+4. Hope my little boy is hanging in there.

Big hug xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 19/12/18, 12:54 »
    Bossy - Thank you, I am sure all will be well tomorrow and your little boy will be doing well. I will be thinking about you. x