* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 23399 times)

0 Members

Offline Janeliot

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #170 on: 5/01/19, 21:15 »
Hello everyone,

Happy New Year. 

Mrs Coyle - What sort of midwife do you have?  Is she private?  I hardly get to see a midwife and it's never the same one.  Was the same with my son but the IVF clinic I had him through keep a very close eye on mum's in the first trimester and then I had immunes done every four weeks until 20 weeks for which you get a scan so it didn't feel so bad.  I feel a bit out in the desert this time.  After the 20 week scan I don't think I see anyone until 28 weeks!   That seems like a crazy long time to me and I can't remember this being the case with my son.  Anyway,  I'm thinking of getting a pregnancy pillow too.  You'd think I'd have one from the previous pregnancy but  I was so traumatised for most of it that I was terrified of buying anything pregnancy related.  I used 3 cushions strategically placed and spread a soft sleeping bag over my part of the mattress.  But I think I could do with a bit more comfort this time.   Oh, I hope you enjoy your date day tomorrow.  They sound like lovely plans. 

Aley - I havent' checked if I can see my feet but I'm guessing not as I've got quite a big tummy now.  We did go up to London as we had an appointment for my son.  We took it really easy.  Had a lovely lunch on the south bank and then walked over the bridge to Trafalgar Square  We thought we'd mised the parade but it was still going on.  To be honest, it's not really my cup of tea.  Or maybe I'd have enjoyed it more if my son were awake but he was fast asleep as it was nap time.  It's very much a U.S. kind of thing.  Then we walked up to covent garden, looked around there for a while and then on to where we had to be.  It was really nice.

Honeybee - I'm hoping that you're getting enough rest over the weekend after working so hard.  Putting socks on IS hard. But try trimming your toe nails from now on.  Impossible.  I recommend pedicures!  I'm not big into all that but needs must. 

Hi Fairylight -Not missing hangovers in the slightest either. It was funny being in london on New Years day watching people still coming home from parties or whatever.  I didn't feel envious at all.  Much happier to be in this posission.  Seems quite a few of us have 20 week scans coming up this week.  Exciting.

We're putting our flat on the market and have first viewings tomorrow.  I'm really nervous.  I'm not going to be around as have been advised that it's not wise to see that we might be desperate to move out to get a bigger place as we will be a bigger family soon.  It's quite a lot all at the same time.  Got a few stresses on.  My son has had a lot going on medically and my mum who has advnaced dementia is deteriating quite rapidly at the moment.  It's quite scary.  And very sad.  But there's somehting about pregnancy hormones tha tseem to help you take things in your stride.  I don't know if I'd feel this calm if I weren't pregnant.  I'm findign it a bit hard though, to focus on my baby.  Maybe that's a good thing but I feel this is the time that I need to start paying him more attention.  I can feel him move on a daily basis now and the movements are getting stronger which is so exciting and reasurring. 

I've bought some nice maternity clothes in the sales which I'm looking farward to trying on (was an internet buy).  I bought a pair of work trousers from Uniclo.  I wouldn't normally, I'm more of a skirt and dress person but it's hard to make skirts look nice when you're pregnant so I thought a pair of trousers would be nice to go with some tops.  They re soooo nice.  And comfortable.  They were qutie cheap.  I'd hightly recommend them.  i got a couple of maternity/nursing dresses from the JoJo Maman sale.  I'll see how they are.

Hello everyone else too.  bossy, Toffeeapple. I hope you're all doing well. 
xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fairylight17

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 5/01/19, 23:42 »
    Mrsc- Iím not feeling too bad thank you, very anxious again atm but thatís with the up coming scan Thursday, how are you feeling?? I also seen that last post on another support group about the coaster and baby movements! Bumps been very active for a couple of weeks now and my partner felt them for the first time this week eeeek so excitijg! Hope you enjoy your date day tomorrow sounds perfect!
    Aley- I know how you feel the aches & pains but thankfully heart burn is under control!
    Honeybee- hope your getting lots of rest I feel the same constantly tired 💤
    Janeliot- fingers crossed on the flat sale and I am so sorry you have a lot going on at the moment try and take it as easy as possible! I LOVE my maturity clothes couldnít be without them!!
    Hope I havenít missed anyone, not a lot to report for us really my partner felt baby move for the first time this week and today we put our cot up and beginning to get organised itís so surreal itís finally happening to us! Feeling very greatfukl this evening ❤️

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #172 on: 6/01/19, 20:22 »
    Good evening ladies

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend?

Aley- Iím so sorry to hear your wife is still poorly,I hope she feels better soon. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

mrscoyle- I hope you enjoyed your lunch date today?

Honeybee-Hopefully you managed to get some rest over the weekend and catch up on some sleep.

Janeliot- Good luck with the sale of your flat,I hope it all goes smoothly and quickly.Iím sorry you are going through such a stressful time due to your son and mum being unwell.

Fairlight17 -Iíve been in my maternity jeans since about 10 weeks and totally love them, they super comfy.

I bought a maternity pillow when I was 10 weeks as I have a dodgy back anyway and found I was really struggling to get comfortable being so bloated. I love my pillow itís super comfy,I also find itís easier to sleep on my side,as is recommended,with the support of the pillow. Ladies Iím really quite worried about the rate at which I am picking up weight. From what Iíve read I shouldnít even have picked up half of what I have yet and itís really stressing me out. I wasnít skinny to start with (UK 14) but have managed to pick up a full stone and am only 14 weeks! I find when the incredible hunger strikes I have got to eat like NOW! Itís awful I am worried from a health perspective more than anything else.

Best of luck to all the ladies having scans this week - mrscoyle,Aley & fairtlight - Iíll be thinking of all of you and Iím sure all your scans will go well.

xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 7/01/19, 12:19 »
    Hi All,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend?

Janeliot - how did the flat viewings go?  Good advice to take yourselves out for the day I think. In fact whether expecting or not I think it's genrally a good idea not to be around during viewings and leave the agent to it. Let them work for their insane fees ;-) Have your maternity clothes arrived too? I bought a few things online. T-shirts are great but most of the dresses I ended up returning for one reason or another but went to the Seraphine shop in Kensington on Sat so that I could actually try things on and that was much more successful! Not wearing the new things until after our next scan next week bit I'm loving my jeans and the t-shirts and jumper I already bought  :)

MrsC how was your date day yesterday? Hope you had a lovely time? I love going to cosy pubs on sundays :-)

Aley - it must be so nice to actually see the baby making your tummy move! I'm a little way off that stage I think.  Placenta is at the front so not even feeling much movement yet.  I read somewhere though that with anterior placenta sometimes you can feel it on the outside even when you can't feel it inside and sure enough yesterday morning I had my hand on my tummy low and to one side and there were def a couple of little pops! Hopefully that was her! I would feel so much better if I could feel sth more regularly but our scan is a week tomorrow so hopefully all will be well and that will give us more reassurance.

Fairylight - great to ear all is going well and you're starting to feel you can get a little bit more organised at home :) So lovely that you're partner has also now been able to feel your little bean. Sorry, I can't recall, do you know if you're having a girl or a boy yet? Are you going to find out?

Toffeapple - I think weight is a difficult one as it's hard to know what's actually weight you're putting on yourself versus, fluid, bloating, placenta, etc. Do you find it varies throughout the day too. I've def put on extra weight due to being constantly ravenous from 8-12 weeks and my bum sticks out nearly as much as my bump but I can still see my feet for now! I haven't dared go on the scales. I'm also more 'streamlined'  ;D in the morning then by the afternoon/eve I look like a weeble. If you're worried then maybe speak to the midwife but as long as you're eating a balanced diet I'm sure it's ok. I'm sure all of us have put on a bit of extra weight over Christmas on top of any pregnancy related pounds and it will probably balance out after a bit of healthier eating for a couple of weeks. I know they say you're not eating for two, but I think we just burn a lot of energy with everything our bodies are doing so I do def have more of an appetite than usual. is there anything you could do to be a bit more active, maybe just a bit more walking etc? Could that help? I know I'm def not doing enough  :-[

One little question... is anyone having any short sharpish little twinges quite low down? They're not painful per se so not 'particularly' worried but it's new and not very nice! I read that they're common from about 18 weeks and likely to just be ligaments pulling against uterus ut just wondered if anyting else is experiencing this please?

I hope everyone's scans go well this week. Will look forward to hearing your news!

Bossy - I hope all is OK?

Lots of love
    Hx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #174 on: 7/01/19, 12:47 »
    Janeliot - No she's not a private midwife she is just NHS, I don't drive and I have been quite lucky as I have to go to my local children's centre for my midwife appointments and its about a 5 min walk from my house. I have seen a different lady every time so far though! but the last last was really nice and she said if I am ever feeling anxious to just txt her an ask for a quick heartbeat check with a doppler and thats exactly what i did last week, I saw another lady but was just pleased to hear that heartbeat. Yes I don't think my next actual midwife appointment isn't until March! also 28 weeks I think, but I know that i can act her if i want a reassurance appointment, do you not have a phone number for yours? Also I am hoping that these flutters are soon going to turn into proper kicks and i won't need the reassurance of the scans as I will feel her wiggling around anyway.
    Yes get a pillow I have to say although I got mine at 10 weeks its now coming into its own! as I now have a bump its really helping a lot! I just got 1 of Ebay I think its was like £20 an its great! I think this time you need to enjoy it a lot more and invest in a proper pillow im sure you will appreciate it! Yes our date day was fab thank you, hope you had a good weekend?

Fairylight - Yes I am not surprised you are feeling anxious I aways do just before a scan, although the face you can feel baby wriggling around now must help with the reassurance? I had a heart beat check on Saturday and all was good so feeling better about tomorrow Morning now.
    Thats so amazing that your hubby got to feel baby! I cant wait for Mr Coyle to be able to have a feel! How many weeks are you now? I was feeling stronger flutters yesterday so I am hoping it won't be long now before i get to feel a proper kick! I hope you had a good weekend?

Toffee-Apple - I did have a lovely lunch thank you it was a fab day. Have you been weighing yourself then? the way I see it is that during the first 17 weeks i was so nauseas and eating literally whatever i could manage to swallow! and now my nausea has finally gone I am actively trying to eat healthier, but there is no way I'm going to weigh myself, everyone is different and I am not stressing about my weight as well as everything else! I was a 12/14 when i fell pregnant and I have now been getting larger sizes as there is no maternity clothes in town and when i order maternity clothes online i get a size 16 as my boobs have got so big and my hips! plus I'm pretty good with a needle and thread so can always make them smaller if needed.
    I would say leave the weighing to your midwife hun, its her job to let you know if you have gained too much and she will advise you as appropriate everyone is so different, for example you may loose it quicker then a lot of people, please please don't let it worry you, there is already so much to think about.

Honeybee - Yes it was lovely thank you we had a fab time! did you have a good weekend?  Yes I have had the short sharp pains on occasion but also read its pretty normal so trying not to worry about it but its hard isn't it! lol

AFM - I am looking forward to scan tomorrow morning but also nervous I really hope all is well with her.
    Who has been buying stuff? I have had a couple of friends telling me about this amazing baby sale they have at Aldi i think its annual. Starts in store on the 10th and you can get like 80 nappies for 44p or something silly! So I am going to stop in and get some bits I think!
    Aside form that we are making a start on the nursery asap!

Offline lori84

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 8/01/19, 00:17 »
    Hi all

I have been quiet recently as nothing really new well until just before Christmas...

So the week before Christmas I developed very bad hemorrhoids, seemingly down to bending too much paining the house for Christmas!!! They were so bad my gp called the surgeons at the hospital so they could surgically remove them but they donít do this as an emergency so that didnít go ahead!!! But good news after a 3 weeks they have gone with the ointment!! So ladies be careful bending!!!

Then on Friday past I had a big bleed...I had just went up to put my pjís on and there was a big gush of blood and it was everywhere...I thought the worse...called maternity triage who advised to go up straight away, they found the heartbeat straight away which was a relief, I was given an internal exam and the doctor said the bleeding was coming from the womb, she said it could have been a threatened miscarriage, the baby coming away from the placenta or a low lying placenta. So rest was what was needed. Decided to book a private scan as the nhs wasnít until 14th Jan and they didnít want to bring it forward, so had that tonight and baby is doing really well and the placenta isnít low so not sure whatís caused the bleed!! But the bleeding has totally stopped so hopefully it was only a little blip!!

Hope everyone is well and bumps and healthy abs growing

Xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #176 on: 8/01/19, 00:22 »
    Lori84 - firstly GOSH! so sorry u had to go through all of that! And also yay so pleased your little blip is doing all well so happy for you! Such a relief! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and you can enjoy it xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 8/01/19, 18:56 »
    Evening ladies, Just wanted to let you all know that our 20 week scan went really well! so elated and relieved! she's looking all good! I cant believe there is no more scans! Although I felt her kick for the first time last night! that was fab! so hoping there will be many more kicks to come so I have that for reassurance. Hubby and I are both feeling a lot more confident now (the the moment) so we have been looking at stuff to buy we already have a nursery decor plan lol!

I know a few of you lovely ladies have have your 20w scans over the next few days, im sure all will be fab and I am looking forward to hearing about them.

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 8/01/19, 19:56 »
    HI MrsC, Hi All,

Such fab news about your scan! Thanks for updating us all. Sorry not to send a message this. It had been a very weird day. All fine though and Iíve been thinking of you! Sonpleased all went well and itís given you the confidence to relax a bit more and start to get excited and think about the nursery. Has anyone bought any baby magazines? I havenít gone there but I think they have lots of reviews of all the bubba paraphernalia we might want to buy. Yikes! Starts to make my head spin!

Please keep the news coming about the other scans. Iím a few days behind some of you. Iím jut 19 weeks today.

Lots of love xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 8/01/19, 20:18 »
    Honeybee - Thank you, Yes I have actually been looking for a baby magazine, in co op, Tesco and waitrose and none i think that I am going to try W.H Smiths tomorrow as i work near and if they don't do them nowhere will! 19 weeks yay! congrats thats exciting! x