* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 23397 times)

0 Members

Offline Janeliot

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #180 on: 8/01/19, 21:05 »
Hello everyone,

Lori - OH my gosh what a roller coaster of a hard time.  I had bleeding with my first born at a much earlier stage but a&e put it down to a threatened miscarriae and it really scares you that they use that word doesn't it?  I think it's wise that you had an extra scan recently to put your mind at rest.  I'm so glad that your baby is doing so well.  Not too long until the 14th Jan.  Will that be your 20 week scan?  That's a good throrough scan and you'll get to gaze at your baby for a nice long time.  I hope that you have a lovely rest of your pregnancy.  I'm so sorry thatyou had to have that blip there.

Mrs Coyle - REally happy that you've had a great 20 week scan.  It's lovely to see them again isn't it?  So happy she's doing well and that you feel you can relax a bit now.  It's nice to start looking forward a bit more now isn't it?  That midwife you saw sounds amazing.  That's really lucky that you got to see her, she really cares about her job doesn't she?  What a reasurance.  There isn't really a phone number for my midwife team no.  There used to be but now you have to either ring the appointments line or the helpline number and the helpline number is just a bank of midwives that answer anyone's call about worries they may have.  In my recent experience they tell you just to keep an eye on things yourself and don't really offer any appointments for reasurrance.  I had to fight to be seen in the EPAU when I had that bleed.  Anyway, I guess it's good that the numbert is open 24 hours a day.  There wasnt' anything like that with my son.  I was told today that I don't get a 25 week midwife appt. because this is my 2nd baby.  So wouldnt' you get one?  Or maybe that was wrong advice and noone gets a 25 week appt.  I know I saw someone at 25 weeks with my son.  It wasnt' mucha of an appt. to be honest.  Tested urine, heartbeat and just did a quick wellness check on me.  I think I remember being in for no more than 8 mins or something like that. 

Honeybee - Congratulations on being 19 weeks today.  all the baby paraphanalia made my head spin when I was pregnant with my son.  But you will get people saying you need very little for a baby and on the whole I'd say that in the end that's right.  I'd say that with babies the essentials are nappies, wipes, muslins, muslins, muslins (can't get enough of muslins), thermpmeter (we got a good one and it's nevefr let us donw), we really like our egg room temperature thermometer aswell, somewhere for them to sleep and a buggy.  Oh and some clothes.  And bottles if you're planning to bottle feed.  Oh actually the list does go on but it's not so bad, I'd say that those are the essentials though, and more muslins.  You'll get the hang of it.  I promise.

Hi everyone else.  Hope everyothing is good with you. 

I had my 20 week scan today.  It was soooo good.  I've seen this sonographer twice before.  She normally does scans for the EPAU and she's brilliant.  Every time I've seen her she's been so positive  and seemingly genuinly excited to see another healthy baby.  She seems so happy to give good news.  Everything was checked over with our little one and all seems very good so far.  Thsi was a much better experience than the private scan that I had and the pictures are so so  so much better.  So we are very happy.  We took our son in with us.  He was a bit worried to be in a hspital again and wimpered when he saw where people lie down but calmed down when he saw mummy being examined instead.  It was probably a good thing to see me having a check anyway.  He's only 17 months so he won't understand this but we talked to him about baby anyway and we're talking about the baby in mummy's tummy.  He's such a good boy, he brings us so much joy.  He's kissed my bump a few times and he's very gentie.  So all in all a very good day. 

Have a good night everyone. x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 9/01/19, 09:50 »
    hi everyone

How are you today?

First of all, Lori, I'm so sorry. I somehow missed your post and just read back when I read Janeliots. That sounds so scary and I'm so sorry you went through that. I can't believe the NHS wouldn't do a proper scan either. I've always been quite supportive of the NHS as I've seen them be brilliant with some things with friends and family but I have to say throughout this journey I really have despaired over some of our experiences and what I've read from other people on this site. I'm so pleased you were able to get a private scan and see that the baby is OK. I hope you're now taking it very easy and no more painting for a while! Get your feet up  :) Sending big hugs.

Janeliot - so pleased your scan also went well yesterday. I really felt for your little boy though and being anxious in the hospital. Bless him. it sounds like he is enjoying your swelling tummy though and that's really sweet even if he perhaps doesn't entirely grasp what's going on!  Thank you for the advice too about what's really needed. TBH we're going to leave a lot of that stuff until much later on but we will at some point at least do some research on car seats and buggies as those seem to be the important initial investments.

MrsC - so fun that you're looking at nursery stuff. I'm not going to start buying magazines until after 20w at the earliest, but pls let me know if you find anything good!

So, weird day yesterday. I woke up at 3am with the most freaky sensation. It absolutely paralysed me as I wasn't sure what was happening, but I had this really weird ands strong sensation. It felt like the baby had wiggled down really low in my womb and then the whole baby was turning - a lot! I was so freaked out I didn't even put my hand on my tummy. It was the strangest sensation. It settled then I got u and went to the loo and then everything was normal again but wow. How weird, esp when I haven't really felt much at all.  I think I did feel a couple of pops in the inside yesterday afternoon though which was very sweet too. I have a streaming cold though and never did manage to get back to sleep after being woken by bub so it was a very long day. I had to go to the office sadly as I had my appraisal scheduled but now staying put at home for the rest of the week.

Right well lots to do so better get on with it.

Sending everyone lots of love xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 9/01/19, 18:28 »
    Janeliot - Yes I think she does, I guess i should count myself lucky then! Thats crap tat you doing get a number! I suppose maybe it works differently depending on where you live? No i don't get a 25 week midwife appointment my next appointment is a 28 week appointment in March, although I think that she said I will see the Dr  few times between although I have no idea when I'm meant to do that, although  need to go see him anyway as my rash is getting worse on my shoulders from the baby hormones.
    I also have a consultant appointment on Feb 1st, this is because I had a brain bleed in 2016 the Dr told me, its nothing to do with the IVF.
    So i guess its different everywhere, will you get a 28 week midwife appointment?

Honeybee - I don't blame you for waiting till your past 20 weeks, I am now feeling more confident to do most things its lovely! Yes I will let you know if i do find any that are any good, forgot today I will have a look tomorrow.
    Thats so weird! I hope your little miracle starts to behave! lol you cant have that! Yes your cold has probably not helped, I hope that you have a good relaxing week! I have now been feeling more movement today not loads but I have noticed some so thats fab.

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 9/01/19, 19:22 »
    mrscoyle, so happy the scan went all well! We haven't bought much yet in terms of baby stuff but we got our pram a few weeks back and have some baby clothes from family. I reckon will start looking into buying more soon. If it was me I probably wouldn't buy anything until weeks 39 but my wife gets all excited and wants to be super ready so can't take that away from her.

lori, I am sorry you had so many problems... I can't remember how many weeks you are? Do you know if your placenta is low? Hope the scan will go well.

Janeliot, yey for the scan! Your son is so adorable. I bet he'll be a great brother.

Honeybee, I might be wrong but I had smilar feelings very earlier on, maybe from 16 weeks and whenever I would feel my abdomen my uterus would be hard. It will all go away in seconds so I reckoned it's braxton hicks as they can start earlier in the second trimester. I still get that feeling from time to time. to me it happens if I need a wee or I don't drink enough water. It could as well be the baby moving and cudlling in one side of the uterus. Make sure you drink plenty of fluid especially with the cold. Hope you'll feel better soon.  ^hugme^

So, I had my anomaly scan today! Relieved to say all was good and the little one didn't stop moving...I think he might be exhausted now after all that because he's a bit quiet. I know me and I know that I won't relax until the baby is born but it was good to know that all looks healthy and he's nearly half a kilo! Next milestone...viability!

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #184 on: 9/01/19, 19:45 »
    Aley - Thank you, yes I know how you feel all i have bought so far is a nursing chair for me to use at work at my shop as my back was killing me! But I have also had some clothes and little booties of a couple of friends, but yeah i feel the same as you although also feeling like your wife lol! I want to be ready! hubby suggested going to some baby shops at the weekend so that will be fun! and he has been sending me photos of baby clothes lol so cute! although I am reluctant to buy too much new clothing I think we will get given a lot! Although still want to get a few super cute outfits lol!
    So glad your scan went well yay! yes next milestone viability! we can do it! x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #185 on: 9/01/19, 19:46 »
    Hi Everyone

mrscoyle-Lovely to hear your 20 week scan went so well and that your baby girl is making her presence felt now. What does it feel like when she kicks? I canít wait to get to that stage feel a bit in limbo at the moment as my nausea has subsided and nothing else is happening did you feel like that at 15 weeks?

Honeybee17- Iím definitely guilty of not doing enough walking, your comment about resembling a weeble made me laugh-yes I resemble one most evenings too!😂 Would like to ask the MW if I should be worried about my weight but have no idea when am seeing her again as my next appointment is next Thursday with the obstetrician .Congratulations on being 19 weeks😊

lori84- Iím so sorry you went through such an awful,stressful experience with the bleeding. Happy to hear baby is absolutely fine and doing well. Canít believe the NHS wouldnít scan you after you went through such a traumatic experience-that is disgusting of them. Hope itís smooth sailing for you from now on.

Janeliot-Great news about your 20 week scan. Glad to hear baby is doing well and so sweet that your little boy is giving bump kisses. Your sonographer sounds fantastic it makes all the difference having one that is positive and actually appears to enjoy her job rather than treating you just like a number.

Aley- Awesome news about your anomaly scan, so happy it went well & your baby boy
    put on a show for you😄

As for me not much to report,we have had a bit of a stressful week- my MIL was sent home from hospital this week after being in for a month.They said she will need another round of chemo but will have some outpatient appointments in the interim. Unfortunately she has developed a UTI now so on more meds. My next scan is the gender scan at 17 weeks so thatís on the 21st Jan,hoping I feel something before then as at the moment donít feel very pregnant.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 9/01/19, 20:03 »
    Toffee-Apple - Glad to hear your MIL is home although sorry to hear the need for more meds, I hope she is feeling better asap.
    to be honest at 15w i felt similar, I had nausea still hanging in there! and felt my first flutters, although very subtle i think mostly people start to feel movement around 21-23 weeks, the flutters have now turned into like full on pops, like i can tell exactly what they are now its fab, I haven't had many probably about 4 they started the day I turned 20w (Monday) but its like popcorn popping in your belly sort of lol!
    once I hit 17 weeks the nausea had basically gone and I was feeling similar not very pregnant but seen that a lot of ladies go through this stage and its normal so i wasn't too worried, but then the back ache started! and hasn't gone away i usually get it every morning! so at the moment its just back ache i get and well working around my bump lol.  So don't worry hun all sounds normal x x

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 10/01/19, 09:36 »
    Morning All,

Aley, great news on your scan. Another milestone reached. So pleased to hear everything went well and your little boy out on quite a show. I know what you mean about buying things too. I'm very cautious but my OH's mum has bought stuff (which I was a little bit frustrated by as I did ask that no-one did that until we were much further along, but as you say I understand other people are excited too) and the captain on my husbands ship has given him a gift to bring home which actually I was incredibly touched by. very sweet.

Toffeeapple - thinking of you and your family. You must be experiencing such a roller coaster of emotions at the moment.  I'm sure your MIL will be so pleased to be home for a while and I hope the infection clears up soon and she can re-build some of her strength before any further treatment. I'm glad you have another milestone to aim for now with your next scan too. I'm sure the scan will come around quicker than you think. (She says counting the minutes until hers ;D) and I am sure that as MrsC says soon you will start to feel more pregnant. I think it was actually between 15-17 weeks that I started to feel that way as I started to look pregnant too. Even though I still didn't really feel anything, the more prominent curve of my tummy and swelling boobs started to make me feel like things were really happening in there and that's when I started just buy a couple of maternity tops and jeans and stuff. It was an amazing feeling as it was sth I had longed to do for years! Also, I honestly don't think you should worry too much about your weight. You have a lot to contend with just now and you need to be kind to yourself. I think when you're nauseous you just need to eat whatever it takes to have some energy without making yourself feel more sick and if it is now subsiding you can try to eat a more balanced diet and see if that helps. It will all balance out. I def put on a lot of weight from about 8 to 12-14 weeks as I was just starving all the time and eating lots of carby things plus Christmas  :-[ but my appetite is more normal now. You'll be fine. Big hugs xx

Hope everyone else is doing OK. Got to run for now. Busy day!
    xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #188 on: 11/01/19, 10:15 »
    Morning ladies,

How are you all? All fine here. Experiencing a new and very weird symptom. Yesterday afternoon and this morning Iíve started to have a really weird taste in my mouth. Yesterday I thought it was sth Iíd eaten but I havenít even had breakfast yet. I googled and apparently it is a pregnancy thing. It takes like Iíve been licking the back of stamps before they were made self-adhesive.... euwwww!

Anyway, thatís all from me  ;D Has anyone else got 20w scans coming up? Bossy, we havenít heard from you in a while so hope all is ok. Thinking of you.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #189 on: 11/01/19, 18:34 »
    mrscoyle & Honeybee17-Thank-you for the reassurances, I feel a bit better others felt like this too when they were at this stage. Iíve been used my Doppler this week (I know not everyone agrees with using them) but I have been able to hear babyís heartbeat (after watching a few YouTube videos so I knew what to listen for) and I found it reassuring. Could definitely pick up 3 different sounds -Slow steady thump of my heart,whooshing of placenta & quicker heartbeat of baby.

Regarding the weird taste in your mouth Honeybee17-I had this loads in the first trimester.Mine tasted like when you have the flu and that awful poison like taste in your mouth. I found the taste of sour lollipops helped override the taste at times. Luckily I only get it occasionally now but in the first trimester had it most of the time.

xx