* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 23396 times)

0 Members

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #200 on: 14/01/19, 16:30 »
Lori84 - Thats great to hear that all is well with baby and all is looking good. I hope there is non more bleeding! I am seeing my consultant at the end of the month although I have been told this is because of the bleed on the brain i had in 2016 and nothing to do with the fact it is and IVF baby, this is what the Dr has told me.
I have heard this about the whole IVF baby cant go past due date etc and just make sure you are aware that its all your choice hun, its completely un to you the you have the baby, so don't take it like oh thats how it has to be. This is just the case at some places and is not true everywhere, so I would say do a little research and do what you want to do, but also they are the experts. Just remember this is your baby and your choice hun.
My friend she is 42 and just had her IVF baby via caesarian due to a low lying placenta and baby was 8lb 140z! so not small at all, but I am yet to do my own research and she could be the exception.
So glad you are able to relax now and it is fab news! yay!  x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #201 on: 14/01/19, 16:47 »
    lori84- So pleased to hear your 20 week scan went well and that your little one is doing so well especially after that awful scare you had. Thatís really interesting regarding what they said regarding ivf babies good to know as mine is ivf too.

Aley - That is absolutely appalling regarding Bravissimo, I always use to buy my swimwear from them online as I found they are a really good fit and liked the underwire support unlike most swimwear I use to try on in shops. Well this afternoon the bra fitting at M&S went really well. The lady that measured me explained that generally when band size goes up cup size goes one down so like initially I was always a 36DD but then I went and bought a wireless 38E for comfort at 6 weeks now Iím on the last hook and the band is definitely small so she got me to try a 40DD and it fitted perfectly -SO comfortable! I also got some lovely soft wireless ones to sleep in just to have some additional support in bed without everything flying every which way 😂I really recommend going for a bra fitting at M&S ,you under no obligation to buy anything once they measure you up.

mrscoyle- I found a magazine in WH Smith called ďMother and babyĒ which I had a quick flick though -it looks quite good (& no £70 babysuits 😂in it) so I think I will treat myself to that after my 20 week scan next month.

Not much else to report I have my appointment with my obstetrician on Thursday and then next Monday is my gender scan which I literally canít wait for,am so excited about that.

xx

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #202 on: 14/01/19, 16:55 »
    lori, that's great news! It's good they are requesting growth scan, if you ask me they should be given to everyone as it's so important. I've heard about IVF pregnancies being induced prior or around the due date but tbh, I am not sure of the rationale. I am sure there is one. I wouldn't want to go over my due date and I'll take an induction at any point over 39-40 weeks weeks. The risk of overmaturity in general is that the placenta might not be working as good and that comes with risk of stillbirth, problems with the baby, etc. Maybe is because with IVF pregnancy the dates are so clear that there is no point in going over...no idea.

mrscoyle, I understand why you want the nursery ready. We're renting now and we're hoping to move to a bigger place before the baby comes....same as you rather do it now than later when I can barely move with a big belly but again, no stress, whatever will be I am sure everything will fall into place.

Toffee, nice the M&S fitting went well. I might try them. I might add that my wife loves the bravissimo bras...maybe is just me being fussy although having red, deep marks on the skin after removing your bra deffo raises some suspicions.  ;D
    Good luck with your appointment on Thursday. Any guess what you're having before the scan?

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 14/01/19, 17:05 »
    Aley - I hadnít even thought about the barely being able to move part, thatís a Good point.
    But yes your right it will all fall into place and be fine. I hope you find the perfect place.

Toffee-Apple - Ok mother and baby, I will have a little look out for that one, thank you for the tip, this one I got has sort or put me off!
    Ooh exciting lots of luck for your scans! Iím sure all will be good, any ideas on gender at
    The mo? X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #204 on: 14/01/19, 22:23 »
    Hi,

Lori - That's lovely news about your scan.  I think everywhere seems to do the whole thing differently.  I did have growth scans with my son and ended up being consultant led but innitially I was treated the same as all otehr mums even though he was IVF and I was an older mum.  Then my tummy grew massively and they needed to scan me to see why, I had more fluid than normal so that's why they kept scanning me.  It is very reausrring though.  Obviously.  And then they did say that for this reason they couldn't let me go over my due date and would induce me at 39 weeks.  I was so against being induced and then my husband's dad who claims to be clairoyant predicted that myt baby would be born on the 6th so I was adement that that wouldn't happen.  So I ate loads of pineapple, curry and all the rest of it that brings on labour. But my IVF baby was mesuring big the whole time.  He was 8.1 at 38+6 which is pretty good really.  I agree with MRsC re induction.  I ended up having one because my waters broke and labour didn't follow.  But if you have a planned induction it is your decision whether to have it or not.  Obviously though you want a healthy baby.  I have read some things about the early induction stuff and some stuff says it's not all such a proven thing so maybe do some reading.  However, i reckon they're going to tell me that I will need an induction again.  And if they do I will be considering it seriously as what we all want is happy, healthy babies above anything.  So, there we go.  It sounds like you're in great hands.  Main thing!

Mrs C - Wow, it's all hotting up plans wise.  You'd think I'd be prepared what with having a little one, but no.  I'm certainly not and have just had a mild panic.  It's over now.  It'll be fine.  I really need to look into travel systems now though.  Double buggy needed!  I sish I could start looking into nursery decor but we have to move.  Nursery stuff is the fun part!  You will get this crazy surge of energy really near to your due date when you will do the craziest things.  I was painting wallls at about 37 plus weeks.  There's photos of me looking huge with paint eveywhere.  Fun times.

Ali, As you say re being prepared what will be will be.  I really like your way of looking at things.  Like you also, we need to move.  We have lived in a delightful studio flat with our son since and before he was born.  I love it here, i's a studio but spacious and a nice modern layout.  I'm going to miss it but what with two flights of stairs to climb up there is no way we can stay much longer.  We've had more viewings and I'm so eager to move and getting a bit worried about it all as we have so little time between us to sort everything out. 

Toffee Apple - Glad your bra fitting went well.  I like aM&S for bras.  You'd think Mothercare would have more of a clue about maternity bras.  How silly.  Well, on this you might think I would be more prepared but no.  I had real problems with bras when pregnant with my son that I never really foudn the right one.  I have one and it's better than nothing so I need to go to sort this out.  I'm quite petit and seem to have managed up to about a month ago with underwired bras.  I do have some nursing bras which are comfortable but dont' have much support at all really.  So that's my plan, well one of many.  To go and get something decent this week.

HOneybee - I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well.  I hope you're feeling better soon.  I think yyo and baby will be fine.  It is really reasuring to feel baby move isn't it.  I'm sure thought that I'd be just as worried as you about baby just because it's only natural to worry like that.  I've had the cramps too.  It's scary sometimes but I think it may always be exreme wind and bowel movements.  Sorry about TMI but it has bothered me a bit too.  It's not so comfortable is it?  But theret's not so much room for stuff to move around and our organs have all bee shoved up and to the sides.  It's crazy how our bodies make room for a growing baby.  It must be so hard to be on your own also.  Are you back at work now?  Hope you're feeling much better and reasurred today.

AFM - I've finally got a pregnancy pillow.  Am a bit disapointed in it.  Can't seem to get comfortable.  I got one that I could maybe use for nursing but maybe that was a mistake.  I did sleep pretty well last night though so maybe it'll get better.  Quality for the price isn't great though. 

And those maternity trousers that I went on about how amazing they are?  Well they are very comfortable but my husband likened them to old lady's trousers and joked that he was bringing me meals on wheels when we met up for lunch at work today.  We work near eachother.  I'll still wear them as they're the most comfy maternity trousers, just have to find a way of making them look a bit better.  They have these adjustable waist line that you don't get with stuff that comes from say H&M.  I like H&M stuff but I'm forever hoiking my jeans up. 

I don't want to go on about this too much but we've had a really difficult time with my mum.  ended up going to see my parents twice this weekend.  It's so grim.  I had to take my son with me.  My dad always wants to see him.  My mum deterioatedf so rapidly in the last two weeks that we got a bit scared that things might continue going down hill but possibly she's in a stable state.  but it's pretty grim and so undignified for her.  I feel so sad, this is really not what should have happenned to her.  I feel that people see those with dementia as very much other and not really as a person anymore.  I really want to keep contact with the personthat my mum was but it's so hard.  Anyway, I can't believe what pressures we've got this year!  We're doing fine.  I really feel like we can cope with it all but it does seem pretty mad.  We seem to be doing ok considering. 

On a more upbeat note.  Am looking forward to having my hair cut tomorrow.  Someone comes to us now as when my son wasn't well I couldn't go out so much.  He's having a little haircut too.  He's got amazing hair.  I call him my little 1970s child.  So tempted to buy him flares and one of those shirts with the long collars.  But it needs a bit of a trim now.  Has anyone found that their hair changes in pregnancy?  I found this with my son aswell.  I think ti can go one of two ways,  either mroe greasy or quite dry.  Mine has gone dryish but really nice, like I really shouldn't need to wash it so much.  It's weird.  My friedn and I both found, also, that our body hair didnt' grow as much when we were in late pregnancy.  Interesting.  Down side is that my skin has become quite dry and I'm forever having to use lots of hand lotion especially. 

Anyway, that's enough ramble from me.  I really hope everyone is well, feeling content and more relaxed about things.  Have a lovely week ahead. xx

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 15/01/19, 11:17 »
    Hi lovelies,  I haven't posted in a while because we were away visiting our families overseas and when I got back, I  got sick.

It seems that a bug fell in love with me and I have the stomach flu. I have really bad diarrhea( sorry to much information) but the worst part is that I'm having very bad tummy pain because of it.. I am exhausted,  I cry myself to sleep every night, it is almost unbearable 😔 I'm feeling ok for one day and then it comes back.

I talked to the doctor twice and he told me there's nothing they can do at the hospital and it's better if I stay home because at the moment there are a lot of viruses and things could go worse if I go. He said to make sure I'm hydrated at all times and that's it, he can't give me meds because I'm pregnant.

I'm so tired, can't even get out of bad and I constantly feel like I'm harming my baby because of all this 😥😥😥 Eating rice, toast and bananas it's all I do and it doesn't seem to help...
    Please if any of you ladies know what more can I do, tell me because I'm desperate.

Sorry for no personals :(

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #206 on: 15/01/19, 13:31 »
    Janeliot - No panicking thank you missy! we cant have that! it will all pan out as it should so don't worry. Being a second time mum at least you will have an idea of what you will need and use etc, thats good to hear about the last min surge although I am hoping that by 37w nursery will be complete! lol although we will see!
    lol i cant believe you hubby said that about your trousers! the cheek! I have got some maternity leggings and they are amazing! I wear them under most of my long dresses.Sorry to hear about you mum hun, it must be challenging, I recall when my nan had it when i was younger and it was very awkward, sending you lots of extra strength. I hope that you and your 1970s child enjoy your hair cut and looking extra fab after?
    my hair has also changed its growing quicker so its longer hubby and my dad have noticed Im always growing it so its fab, although i use to be able to curl it and it would stay curled till washed but they fall out now  :( maybe as its longer, so trying new things now. My mum told me her hair fell out after she gave birth! Hoping that won't happen to me as well!

Bossy - I'm so sorry to hear that you have been so sick, i guess it might also be down to all the traveling? I know planes circulate the air so not very good in the way of health an as your immune system is a lot lower it must be struggling. Did you have a flu jab?
    I agree with your Dr there would be a lot worse things in Hospital! you would be a lot safer at home hun. I have to say that I have been very lucky!
    So I have only had a slightly saw throat a couple of times but its never turned into a full on cold or anything thank goodness and I think its to do with the pregnancy vitamins I am on, I think they are making a huge difference and boosting my immunity Maybe they would help you? if you wanted to give them a go they are on Amazon and called Wild Nutrition, Food Grown fertility. They do stink, taste awful and make me gag nearly overtime i take 1 but i think they are fantastic as they seem to be doing a brilliant job so far!
    Remember though hun as long as you are eating something then thats fine, you will also have any vitamins etc baby needs from the prenantals you are taking. x x

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #207 on: 15/01/19, 22:50 »
    Hi everyone!

So nice to see such a big flurry of messages. Sorry for the radio silence. Work has gone insanely busy so a v long day yesterday and much the same today. Iím on my phone so really sorry that I probably wonít remember everyoneís news individually and thereís so much itís hard to scroll back!

First of all Bossy, so nice to hesr from you but sorry you have been so poorly. I again with Mrs c that you are best off at home and writing back to health. Itís probably best for you to be back in your own home too.

Lori, brilliant news about your scan.

Janeliot, you have so much on your plate and I really feel for you with the circumstances with your mum in particular. It sounds like youíre doing so well though. I hope Hingis keep ticking along with the flat sale too and you can start looking for somewhere to settle ahead of the banyuls arrival.

MrsC - wow sounds like youíre getting super organised! I did get a nice message from a friend this evening whobhad her last baby late and she has offered me lots of stuff so thatís really appreciated. I thunknweíll Wait s few weeks yet before we do much but Iím wxcited about wearing more of my new maternity stuff which Iíve held off wearing, not because I was actually contemplating that o might have to return anything but it was just another way to mentally keep my feet on the ground if you follow.

Aley, how are you and your wife? How is she feeling? Have you been doing some nice things with your time off or is it really just being taken up with study?

Toffee - weíll done on kicking off the great bra fitting debate!! Coincidentally Iíve also just had an interesting experiencing albeit it sounds a lot more straight-forward than I expected. Iím not very blessed in the boob department so have only just really decided I needed to change bras although previous ones were undoubtedly now too small. Went on a website to follow how to measure up properly which I did, then went to the M&S website as a comparison. The online tool is brilliant. Has anyone else tried it? You just measure under your boobs then they ask what size bra youíre wearing and ahowbyiu a series of images and you click on the ones that best describe how your current bra sits, whatvyour boobs look like in it etc and then at the end (without you actually putting a tape around your boobs, tells you what size you should be. It was exactly the same as Iíd just measured up as and when I went to M&S and tried things in that size they fit straight away - GENIUS!!

So also had my 20w scan today and pleased to say all is well. I got sent for a pee and a jump up and down half way through, came back and baby still wasnít cooperating so then for sent for a brisk 10 minute walk. She was hiding her face and her heart. Sonographer got what she needed eventually though.

Itís such a nice feeling. Weíll continue to be a bit cautious as Iím sure we all are and Iím not promising there wonít be wobbles but I do feel a. It more confident already. I went to a big Tesco superstore this eve and managed to lay my mitts on both a gurgle magazine and mother and baby so hopefully thatís tokorrow evening taken care of!
    Mrealky sorry if Iíve missed anyone. My eyelids are heavy and my brain slightly frazzled I think.

Hope everyone has a good snooze! Sorry Iím advanve for typos. Too tired to even read back through and correct but I am sure you can just about follow!  ;D

Night night, honeybee x x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #208 on: 16/01/19, 06:40 »
    Hi Ladies

Just a super quick post from me for info- if you go on the Lidl website & register with Babybox they have a series of short videos you watch (takes about 25 mins in total) and at the end you do a quiz,if you pass the quiz (I did on my second try lol) you qualify for a free baby box with free goodies inside (who doesnít like free stuff -right?!). You can either pick it up for free at a location closest to you or they deliver for a small fee.

Will do proper post with personals later when in from work.

Have a great day all
    xx

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #209 on: 16/01/19, 09:48 »
    Good morning lovelies,

Thank you for your concern and advice!! I'm taking them all into consideration!

Congratulations to all of you for your 20week scan, I'm so happy for you and so glad to hear everything is looking perfect!

I'm having my 20week scan tomorrow and I don't know why but I'm so worried and stressed about it. Praying my little one is healthy!

Do any of you worry that their bump is too small???? I just feel like my bump looks exactly the same like back when I was 16weeks. The pictures are almost identical!

Love to all xx