* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 23398 times)

0 Members

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #210 on: 16/01/19, 11:42 »
Honeybee - Yes I know exactly what you mean, and that is so good of your friend, I am feeling very lucky getting given a lot of things from a friend.
Thats so fab to hear about your scan! so pleased and glad you are feeling more confident as well, I felt the same after my 20w scan and now feeling movement everyday so thats so reassuring. Hope the magazines are good! let me know!

Toffee-Apple - Lol you made me laugh second try lol, I did mine last night! i was happy to pay for postage and looking forward to see what i get! it was a really helpful course i learnt so much! opened my eyes indeed!

Bossy - The worry is natural hun, I actually went to the midwife to check heart beat about 3 days before our 20w scan, but all was well and feeling her move daily now. Im sure all will be fine, and i really wouldn't worry about bump size as a lot of ladies don't even show until like 25w! and also heard a lot of ladies just pop all of a sudden when the hit a certain week.
Mine has been growing gradually, Im just getting past the stage where i just look overweight i think lol.

AFM - My hubby found out his Dad died during December, the are estranged so I didn't really ever meet him and he didn't get a long with him at all really. Hubby moved in with me after we had been dating for about a year. Anyway we are now trying to sort out the funeral and having never done anything like it before its another thing we are trying to learn as we go. It is sad but luckily he is doing really well with everything so thats good. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 16/01/19, 18:27 »
    Hi everyone,

How are you? Just a little quick one as have to go and pack for an overnight tomorrow.

First of all MrsC really sorry tonhear about your husbands dad. Even if they were estranged itís still a lot to take in and process so Iím thinking of you both.

Bossy, I will also be thinking of you tomorrow. I know itís nerve racking (sp?!) but hang in there. It sounds like a lot of us have gone in with the same sense of trepidation but have taken a lot of comfort from the experience afterwards. Big hugs. Weíll all be holding your hand virtually  :) Re. Bump size i totally agree with MrsC thatvitnvaries massively person. I think I popped just before Christmas and on that basis thought I would be considerably bigger by the time hubby gets back in early Feb (he left 28 Dec) and honestly since heís gone I havenít noticed a difference at all and not sure he will either! I told someone else at work over Skype today that I was pregnant as I was sure she was onnto me and thought I should tell her personally ahead of tomorrow as sheís our sales support person and she said she didnít have w clue! So I do have quite a small bump and baby was perfectly normal so try not to worry!

Got to run. I am not a good packer. Even an overnight can take me hours  ^idiot^ Xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #212 on: 17/01/19, 07:34 »
    Good morning ladies

I didnít get a chance to catch up on personals last night as was absolutely knackered! When does this burst of energy thatís meant to occur in the 2nd trimester kick in? I feel drained most of the time like Iím 95 years old not remotely glowing lol.

Janeliot- Iím so sorry you are going through such an upsetting time with your mum. Dementia is such a cruel disease, I see a fair amount of patients with it in my line of work as most of my patients are elderly and it is heartbreaking watching the person you knew disappear. I agree with you that people tend to treat people with dementia as if they are not there sometimes (ie completely ignoring them and talking over their heads to family members ) and that completely winds me up! I think itís so important to treat people with dignity regardless of their condition. Sometimes that just means adapting what is being said. I hope you are happy with your new hair cut and it lifted your spirits a bit?Your meals on wheels comment made me laugh-itís all about the comfort, I have been in maternity trousers at work since about 10 weeks as had terrible bloating right from the start so no way was I sucking my gut in to get into my regular trousers lol.What shape is your pregnancy pillow? Mine is a horse shoe shaped one -my husband says I look like Iím laying on a massive lilo lol.

Bossy - Iím so sorry to hear that you have been so poorly and feeling absolutely rotten. I wish you a speedy recovery, try rest up as much as you can. Best of luck for your scan today I hope it all goes well,will be looking out for your update.

Honeybee17- Congratulations on your 20 week scan glad it all went well. Ooh I didnít even know M&S had an online bra fitting tool sounds really good. I havenít seen that Gurgle magazine but we only have a huge Sainsbury near us and they had no baby magazines, might check in ASDA next time Iím there.

mrscoyle- Iím very sorry to hear about your husbandís dad. Sometimes having a difficult history together brings a whole host of emotions with it when there is a death due to matters being unresolved. I hope you & your hubby find the strength to get through this difficult time together.

Aley & mrscoyle-  Iím thinking possibly a girl but I will be grateful with whatever we get as long as the baby is healthy. Aley hope you are enjoying your time off & your wife is feeling better?

Ladies I have a question - when did you tell work you were pregnant? I was hoping to keep things under wraps until my 20 week scan which is happening the second week of Feb, so even though my tunic is getting tight Iíve just been wearing a big cardie over it buttoned up.Thought I was doing quite well being inconspicuous until a patient asked me yesterday when is my baby due 😳Luckily none of my colleagues were within earshot at the time! I know my boss will be less then pleased as she isnít a baby person (despite having 2 kids of her own🙄) & we are short staffed at the moment anyway so itís bound to go down like a lead balloon.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #213 on: 17/01/19, 14:08 »
    Honeybee - Thank you hun, Hope you overnight stay has gone well.xx

Toffee-Apple-  Than you, he seems to be appreciating and feeling a lot more closer to me at the moment, I guess he is feeling more alone then ever now he has los his mum and his dad.
    Awe fab, I felt exactly the same i didn't mind either way as long as baby 0was healthy but also suspected a little girl.
    i am self employed so telling work isn't an issue for me, although I will be announcing it to my customer via social media probably about April time as i'm sure my shop opening hours will be disrupted etc. lol i'm not surprised a patent asked you! i'm sure your colleagues are suspecting something as well, although everyones bumps vary in size by 18 weeks for me it was difficult to hide! and then there is the reason why you are wearing a very similar thing each day? leggings and cardigan lol. I completely understand you wanting to wait till you 20w scan but if patents are catching you out then its probably pretty obvious.
    Everyones relationships with their boss varies so do it when you feel you need to hun.
     Remember the fact your boss isn't a baby person and the company is short staffed isn't your problem, baby comes first, plus i'm guessing the more lime you give your boss to sort maternity cover the more appreciative they will be? xx

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 17/01/19, 15:25 »
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick one to tell you our little boy is healthy, everything looked good today at the scan. Only thing is that I seem to have a low lying placenta and need to see the consultant later on at week 29  to check it but usually it resolves itself and moves higher up so hopefully that will the case.

Thank you for your positive vibes, you are always virtually holding my hand for every scan.

Love A xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 17/01/19, 20:39 »
    Bossy great news about your scan lovely to hear your little boy is doing so well.Fingers crossed the placenta moves to where it should in a few weeks.

AFM I had my appointment with the obstetrician today. My blood pressure was high even though they took it 3 times so they wanted me to come in tomorrow and get it rechecked. I explained this isnít possible as I have a 3 hour round trip commute on the days I work so they have agreed that I can get one of the nurses at my work to check it and if itís still high I need to ring EPU and they will arrange a prescription for blood pressure tablets for me. Iíve never had blood pressure problems in my life so think it may be down to getting stressed on way to my appointment as I took my blood pressure this evening with a home monitor device and it was normal again. They have also sent my urine for analysis as my glucose was showing slightly elevated. The consultant also said because of my age they wouldnít let me carry to 40 weeks but would be looking to induce a week before that if the baby doesnít come of itís own accord as apparently with older mumís the placenta doesnít work as efficiently at 40 weeks + and they donít want to risk it. The midwife also listened for the babyís heartbeat and we heard it beating away at a healthy 150 😊Also when she had the Doppler on my tummy we heard these distinctive popping sounds (sounded like when you kick a cardboard box), now I had heard these on my home Doppler earlier in the week at home and I thought it was gas but the midwife said that is the sound of the baby kicking. That totally made my day! As I still havenít felt any flutters I was totally made up that I could hear the kicks.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
    xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #216 on: 18/01/19, 11:43 »
    Bossy - Thats fab news about your scan all going well so glad baby is doing well and cooking nicely yay. My friend also had the same and usually they do move so i wouldn't worry to much, although unfortunately my friends didn't but it just meant she had to have a caesarian.
    But I am sure it will set its self out.  x

Toffee-Apple - Hows your mood pressure today? I know how you feel, i would feel the same as i have never had uses with my blood pressure either although they do check it a lot during pregnancy think it is a sign of a lot of different things.
    Thats so lovely that you got to hear baby kicking! Im sure it won't be long now before you are feeling them, the minute i wake up in the morning I am looking forward to my first kick of the day lol.  x

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #217 on: 18/01/19, 14:17 »
    oh my, I've missed so much on here!

Janeliot, I am really sorry to hear about your mother. On a different scale and for different reasons I too suffer that my mother is not with me at this stage so I can only imagine is ten times worse for you having to see her getting worse. Hopefully she'll reach a stable phase and at least she won't get worse. On a different note, yes my hair has changed! Actually I just noticed today I have new hair growing...almost having a fringe with new hair! I am a monkey as it is anyway and this just makes me even more of a monkey! On the plus side though hair in other places is not growing as much (phew!).

mrscoyle, sorry to hear about your husbands dad. Hope your little girl is giving you nice kicks.

bossy, I hope you're better these days. I know so well how terrible it is to feel sick and be preggo at the same time. Good news your little one is all good, don't worry about the placenta, as other said in some cases can move and should it not you might need a c section. I am sure your obstetrician will explain to you all the options.

Toffee, I informed HR and the person that does the rota as soon as I could...with my last job I was about 9 weeks and then I moved at about 12 weeks and again I said it straight away. Mainly because my work involves on calls and I just wanted them to know and not stress me with work too much...lol , really I am still working more or less as normal anyway. It really doesn't matter if your boss is baby friendly or not or if they are short staffed, at the end of the day that is their problem. I would say to tell them as soon as you feel comfortable, also take into consideration that you might need time off for antenatal appointments,scans, classes to which you should be entitled too. I gave the dates in advance to HR and it wasnt a problem.
    Hope your BP is normal! It's so nice to hear the baby heart beat, right? Hopefully you'll feel those tiny kicks soon.

Honey, so pleased to hear the scan went well. It does start to feel more real after the 20 week scan I think. I actually can't believe I won't have another one...well, I won;t with the hospital, I  am sure I'll book a private one at some point.

With me I don't have much news...went to some sort of demonstration the other day, basically in Ireland when I'll have the child I'll be registered as a single mom and my wife will have no legal rights, she can only apply for guardianship when the baby is 2. Is completely unfair and the government keeps saying that from this year same sex couples should be able to be both recognised as parents but they will actually exclude us because our baby is a result of a home insemination. Is pretty f*cked up to be honest. They won't allow known donation or to have treatment in another country either. So yeah, was...am still upset with that. The worry is more if something happens to me the baby might end up in the care system or something ridiculous like this.
    On the bright side the little one is doing some serious kicking and I caught him on camera a few times. Trying not to eat like a horse now that I am mostly at home.

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 18/01/19, 21:21 »
    Hello all,

Aley - Those laws sound so unfair.  And, I don't mean to sound stupid, but they don't make much sense really.  Wouldn't children born to same sex couples normally be a result of home insemination or fertility treatment home or abroad?  It sounds like they'll just be introducing a law that is similar to what already exists?  I can totally understand your worry and that your wife needs to wait 2 years to apply for guardienship seems strange.  seems a worthy protest to go to. 

MrC - Very sorry to hear about your husband's dad.  It must feel so mixed up for him because of the estrangement. I hope he's ok.  It's very sad that he is without mum or dad.  You and baby must mean the world to him.   Hope everything's ok.

ToffeeApple - That sounds like a really positive appointment despite the high blood pressure.  I mean that it was so lovely that you heard your baby kicking!  How lovely.  I'm sure that the blood pressure issue will be resolved as you believe it will, by a good check up with a local nurse.  You should be less stressed anyway.  So, like you I'm thinking they'll be wanting to induce me again too.  Fun times.  Anyway, on the plus side we will be very closely monitored during birth so that's good. 

Bossy - So glad that your 20 week scan went so well.  You've had a really tough time so I'm so happy that your mind can be put at ease. 

Honeybee - And congrats on your happ 20 week scan too.  Cheeky little thing hiding.  Hope your overnight stay was ok.

Hello everyone else, hope all is well.

I'm looking quite big again, I mean I did with my son and it seems it will be the case again.  I am petite, sort of.  Well, I'm short, so I guess there isn't so much tummy space for baby to spread oout in so it all goes out front?  But we'll see at that 28 week midwife check if i'm measuring over.  I was way over with my son and it meant that they monitoerd me more closley with extra scans.  Not a bad thing.  Anyway, baby extremely active last night but maybe he was woken up by his big brother who had a crazy episode of crying and then wanting to stay awake making all kinds of cheeky noises.  He's growing teeth which is very tough job.  But I'd say that has been the worst night since he was about 3 months old.  so both of them were up.  One kicking me from inside the other wriggling and jiggling on the outside. 

Have a great weekend everyone.  Sweet dreams. xx

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #219 on: 20/01/19, 11:08 »
    Hello ladies,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Great to read that everyone's pregnancy here is progressing well without any serious issues.

Wanted to thank ladies who recommended Aldi baby event. There is Aldi is right next to my GP and I kept buying bits and pieces over the past three weeks.
    I know it is a bit early to buy baby stuff as I am just 19 weeks today.
    We were given a cot bed, a  car seat and a pram which is quite large one and it might be too warm for a summer baby. Friends who gave use their equipment had their baby in November. They did not have any bedside crib/moses basket as the baby was ok to sleep in the carrycot until he moved to the cot.

I am a bit worried about summer heat and how to bring temperature in the house below 20 degrees as recommended for babies. My partner's house where we plan to settle the baby is south facing so gets quite warm in summer. Even now it is 18 degree only when heating is off for a while.
    I am not buying large items until I get to 25-28 weeks but trying to make a list at the moment.

I like Purflo crib (https://purflo.com/products/keep-me-close-breathable-bedside-crib) because it is breathable.
    I am also looking for a breathable compact-ish stroller suitable from birth but cannot find one.
    I like Silver Cross Jet stroller but quite a few reviews say the babies were sweating in them.
    Uppababy claims their carrycot is breathable but then it is not really a compact one. Emma's diary/ Online4baby got offers for sets of Upperbaby carrycot+stroller. At the moment it looks like the best option to me and I will appreciate any recommendations.

Also cannot decide whether I should get a fan (Dyson seems to be the one recommended for babies), or an air condition. It is better to buy it before summer as once the heat starts fans get sold out everywhere.