* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 24748 times)

0 Members

Offline Honeybee17

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #270 on: 9/02/19, 20:42 »
Hi everyone,

Lori, so lovely to hear from you. Youíve been on my mind a lot. I agree that itís good to look forward and you are an incredibly brave and strong lady but please look after yourself and take the time you need.

Aley, sorry to hear your dad is so poorly and that you have felt you need to keep your relationship and pregnancy distanced from your family. Only you can decide whatís best but I canít help thinking thrvlonger you leave it then harder it might get. I am sure they could only be happy there is a little one on the way.

Hope everyone else is ok. We have the in-laws here. All fine. Hubby is taking them off to Spain Monday to Friday so will have some peace  ;D Is anyone else still suffering with insomnia? I was wide awake from 1-6 this morning!  ::) After am hour and a half of tossing and turning I gave up and went to watch tele on my iPad in another room.

Not much else to report. Sending you all lots of love xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #271 on: 11/02/19, 08:56 »
    Morning lovelies,

How are you all today? Not much to report. Just a little hello. Hubby took his mum and dad off to spain for a few days this morning so it's suddenly very quiet here. His parents are no trouble but his mum talks a lot! Little smudge has been wriggling away. I've been waking up for long periods during the night, not because of her I don't think as the kick's aren't strong enough to wake me I don't think, but once I am awake it's nice to feel her wriggling around. Glucose test tomorrow but hopefully all will be fine.

Right, better get on with some work.

Have a nice day everyone xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #272 on: 11/02/19, 18:47 »
    Good evening all

Lori84- I will be thinking of you this week💗Take a day at a time and itís positive you have options available to you when you are ready to move forward,only you know when that will be. I wish you every success in the future whatever you choose to do.

Honeybee17- Lol yes you hit the nail on the head with the supermarket sweep image -itís bedn totally like that😂. That Mothercare event looks good but sadly we canít do any of the 3 dates available at our local one ☹️.That book you ordered looks amazing I may have to treat myself once I reach viability.  Regarding the caesarean it sounds like they really keeping a close eye on you and will go with the safest option for you and baby closer to the time which is the best option.How did you get on with the glucose test today?

mrscoyle-Yes itís the Excel baby show we going to Iíve booked tickets for the Sunday so let me know if you do go. Has your Aldi baby box arrived?Mine arrived on Friday and as soon as I unpacked it one of my cats was in it like a shot 😹.

Lily0750- Surely work cant make someone permanent and then just sack them for no reason? Wouldnít it make more sense for them to just give the new person a contract for the time you on maternity with the understanding they covering whilest you on maternity?

Bossy - Enjoy your time in Romania I hope you have a wonderful time.

Aley- Iím so sorry you are going through such a stressful time between your dad being unwell, moving, your wifeís job ect itís a lot to deal with all at once. Please take time out to look after yourself. I wish your dad a speedy recovery itís such a worry when parents are poorly and refuse to go to the Dr. I hope your phone call with HR went ok? I hope it goes really well when you tell your family about the baby and your choice of life partner, I know itís difficult if they are old school but hopefully they will come around to respect and accept your decision. Good news that your appointment with the consultant went well.

AFM I havenít felt any further flutters since I last checked in so got myself in a right state convinced itís all gone wrong. I had my anomaly scan at FET today but have been awake since 3:30 am stressing about it 🥺by the time my appointment rolled around at 2pm this afternoon I was in an absolute state! Also had terrible heartburn literally burning all down the back of my throat at one stage I thought I was going to be sick halfway through the scan 🙈.Good news in the end though as everything is measuring as it should so huge relief,nice healthy heartbeat seen and heard. Baby didnít look very active though so maybe he was sleeping? I was hoping to see him jigging about but I guess you canít gave everything lol. Also my placenta is at the back and high up so wonít interfere with feeling kicks when they finally happen.I have my nhs scan on Thursday so since itís only 3 sleeps away this MIGHT just be the one time I can go to scan not a nervous wreck. I also have an appointment with the consultant on the same afternoon so I will ask him about the mat b1 form as I donít have any MW appointments schedule in the near future. I even got to wear my ďBaby on boardĒ badge proudly on the way into London on the train lol.

xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #273 on: 12/02/19, 15:29 »
    Hi All

How are you all today?

Toffee apple, really sorry to hear you had such a restless night. Thatís really rotten. Pleased to hear you had a scan though and could see your little bean. I am sure you will feel him moving more regularly soon. It was def only around the 20 week mark that I felt anything and then it was sporadic. In the four weeks that have followed the sensations have changed from being just little one-off prods, to more definitive boots but they too feel different at the dont than the back and sometimes thereís another feeling altogether like one big all over quick movement. It seems to change a lot but I think everyone is different and have read that some people donít feel much even until 24 weeks or so. One of my colleagues was saying the other day that the type of movements in both her pregnancies went on to totally reflect the personality of each child. One she hardly felt which was really worrying throughout the pregnancy and her eldest has always been super chilled even as a baby, then the little one was constantly on the move during pregnancy and never really stopped! There could also be no correlation whatsoever (!) but I thought that was quite interesting. Maybe you are going to have a super relaxed little bub. Wouldnít that be lovely  :)

AFM glucose test this am. Canít say that was fun. I had the most enormous sugar crash after having the glucose drink, could hardly keep my peepers open in the waiting room before the next blood test and now still tired and have a pounding headache  :( Have read though that that can be a good sigh but once again could also be a load of nonsense!

I did swing by Asda on my way home though and finally conceded and picked up a bounty mum to be pack so we now have nappies, sudocrem, baby wipes and some swimming nappies  ;D might not need those for a while. Popping into neighbours this eve and sheís going to run me through her baby essentials list. I.e. what we really need and whats a load of marketing nonsense!  Also mtg hr tomorrow to understand how much leave I need to take before starting mat leave and decide on my leaving date. Woo hoo! Canít come soon enough right now. The idea of leaving at 31 weeks is currently dangerously appealing although totally out of the question  ;D Right better get back to it.... Have a good afternoon xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #274 on: 14/02/19, 15:25 »
                                                                   ^Heart^ HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE   ^Heart^

honeybee - Hope the glucose test wasn't too bad, I was wondering when i would have to have it and someone told me not everyone has them only some people so not sure if i will be having it or not.
    I have never been given the Bounty pack by my midwife... did everyone else get one? But i keep meaning to pop into somewhere and het a free pack i do have a voucher,  glad you got yours hun. Sounds like you have a very helpful neighbour! Thats fab, my friend gave me a big list, when i did my Aldi baby shop, and I'm so glad she did otherwise i wouldn't have a clue! I know what you mean about leaving for Maternity leave, I am actually starting to feel more tired and struggling to do things now like bend over! although I am in the shop every day and usually sat down, i have a lot to do and putting of some things!

Toffee-Apple - Oh I hope its good, I am not going now, hubby doesn't want to, he's not big on places there are lots of people lol or the cost of getting there, i don't think he really wants to anyway but I look forward to hearing what you though of it.
    Yes got my Box now, though I would get a little more samples than nappies, wet wipes and a bumper sticker inside it but im sure we will make good use of it, and pretty sure my cats will feel the same lol! not leaving them unattended with it!
    Glad your scan all went well, I hope he was more awake for your scan today? How did it go? I hear they are usually asleep during the day as walking around causes a rocking motion for them.

AFM - I have ordered a refurbished vintage silver cross pram! always wanted one! my mum had one for me and my brother. and its pink! im so excited to get it! hubby thinks its too big lol so he will be getting a smaller one in a travel system for his use mainly lol. I think I will keep my vintage pram in the shop and just use it in town and the shop then can always sell it on when she out grows it, its arriving tomorrow!
    Also this morning she was kicking or punching me harder than she has before and it was actually quite uncomfortable! she woke me up! so pretty sure she is getting stronger by the day, so thats good.

Hope you are all well and having a good week. Enjoy your valentines evening, we are having a relaxed evening on the sofa with Dominoes pizza! lol
    out at the weekend!

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #275 on: 15/02/19, 09:39 »
    Hi All

Hope everyone had a nice time yesterday :-) Mrs C I hope you enjoyed your pizza :-) Hubby is still away with his parents so it was a quiet evening for me but that suited me fine as I was sooo tired yesterday! Roll on the weekend. He did a very sweet thing though. We don't usually make a big deal of VD and haven't really done gifts for bdays and Christmas for ages due to all the IVF expense but he left me an envelope and inside was a voucher for a top to toe mummy to be treatment at a spa near where we live. So sweet. Can't wait to go and be pampered. I think I'll save it until a weekend in March though when I can go and spend a full day just chilling out! Is anyone else suffering with back pain? I'm fine if I'm just doing day to day things but the days I sit at a desk are horrible. By about 2pm my back is really sore. Anyway, a small price to pay. Once the in-laws have gone I'll try warm baths in the evening, that might help.

Mrs C, re the glucose test, unless they pick up sth in a urine test, if they haven't mentioned it already you probably won't need one. The MW usually assesses whether you're high risk based on the info she gathers at the booking appt but they don't do the test usually until 20-24 weeks. In my case my sister is a type 2 I never heard form them though so that means it was all clear. V excited about your silver cross pram too. You must be excited to get it today :-) I was excited to receive a book of French baby names from Amazon yesterday but not going to look at it until we go away for a few days next week. We have some ideas but it will be good to see if there are others :-) The other thing I got is a special car seat adapter. I saw in a magazine that about 70-80% women don't wear their seat belt right in pregnancy. My MW did make a point of talking about it but she just said to ensure it sits across the bottom of my bump but when I read the article it says it should lie flat across the top of your legs. No matter how hard I tried I could get it to sit at that angle then found special seat belt adapters on amazon. I just worry about it as I have to do a lot of motorway driving to get back and forth to work but if anyone else is interested this is what I got https://www.amazon.co.uk/BABY-HEROE-Adjustable-Pregnancy-Safety/dp/B01FSOTV0C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1550223427&sr=8-5&keywords=pregnancy+safety+belt

Lori - I continue to think of you every day. Sending lots of love xxx

Janeliot - how are you doing? Have been thinking of you a lot?

Aley - how are things with your family? have you come to any conclusions about sharing your news?

Bossy - hope you're having a lovely time in Romania with your friends and family?

Toffeeapple - how did you get on with your scan and the consultant yesterday? I hope all went well?

Lily - Hope all is OK with you  :)

Well better go for now.

have a good day everyone.
    Lots of love xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #276 on: 15/02/19, 09:55 »
    Hello lovelies

Hope you all had a nice Valentineís Day?

Honeybee17-When do you get the results of your glucose test? Thank-you for the reassurances regarding babyís movements yes it would be lovely to have a nice chilled baby.What a lovely gift from your hubby, a pamper session at the spa is just what the Dr ordered😉Yes I have been seeing an osteopath for my back the last couple of weeks as have had back pain (but I had a dodgy back even before falling pregnant,been diagnosed with a bulging disc in my lower back 2 years ago so been seeing an Osteo privately on and off for some time as needed) although now itís my middle back that kills (like in the area where the bra fastens up). Ooh I need to get the Bounty pack from ASDA too the reminder popped up on my Bounty app - did you just go to customer services to get it?

mrscoyle- No my MW never gave me the Bounty folder either will ask her one day when I finally get to see her. I will let you know how the baby show is and if I see anything that is super amazing. Meant to ask you do you need to have a re-evaluation at the GP regarding the Thyroxine? I went in yesterday to pick up my tablets and the pharmacy said the script was only for one months supply and there was a note saying I need to contact the GP for a re-evaluation. I then asked the consultant at the hospital about it yesterday afternoon and she said they do a blood test in each trimester to check if the dosage is still correct so must be that.Your silvercross pram sounds gorgeous how exciting, bet you canít wait until it arrives.Proper little princess carriage 💞

AFM I had my 20 week NHS scan yesterday. The sonographer was lovely and described everything in great detail. My cheeky monkey however refused to turn around so she could check his heart so I was sent off for a walk and something sweet to eat in the hope he would turn around. Luckily when I got back he had turned so she could check everything thoroughly and everything is looking good and measuring correctly. Baby even waved at us at one stage!

When I saw the consultant in the afternoon my BP was a bit elevated again but she just said to keep going up weekly to check it at the hospital and they will see me again at 28 weeks so that will be after my next scan in April. I also managed to get my Mat B1 form so at least thatís sorted now. Yesterday we popped into the Disney store ....just so I could have a look....and ended up spending £200! I couldnít help myself they have the most adorable little outfits and some were on sale so would of been rude not to😂.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #277 on: 15/02/19, 10:38 »
    ah toffee apple you have me giggling again with your shopping  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Too funny! I know I'll be the same. Once I start I won't be able to stop  ::) So pleased your scan went well. Did you already know you were having a little boy? I think I might have thought you were having a little girl monkey at some point for some reason! So nice that you got to see him waving at you  :) Im wondering if our little smudge is starting to respond to sounds now too. She started wriggling about when I started reading the story last night and about 30 mins ago I went to take sth upstairs and the cat was laying on our bed so I lay down next to her for a few mins (yes I am meant to be working  ;D ) and she came and snuggled closer and cuddled into my tummy and started purring and smudge started wriggling again. Very cute!

Re the glucose test, I was told if they see any anomalies they will call by midday the next day and I never had a call so I'm assuming all was normal. re the bounty pack I went to customer services and then they re-directed me to the pharmacy. It probably varies a bit store by store dep on where they have space I suppose. One thing to know though is don't redeem on the bounty app until you're standing in front of them and you know they have the packs in stock as once you hit redeem button it's only valid for 20 mins which is a bit weird.

sorry to hear about your back pain too. That sounds really uncomfortable and I feel bad whinging now! Hope the osteo appts help.
    Right back to it... roll on 5pm! xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #278 on: 15/02/19, 12:57 »
    Toffee- Apple - Yes that would be fab thank you hun, looking forward to hearing about it. So my GP told me to ask my consultant about the thyroxine and she told me I could stop it but i needed to ask my midwife at my next appointment to do a blood test and check them so I think it will be monitored. Yes totes excited cant wait to see it, been looking for accessories for it.
    So glad to hear that your 20w scan all went well thats fab! and glad it was a nice monographer it makes such a difference! Thats good that they are keeping an eye on your BP and i'm not surprised you spend so much in the Disney store! lol I couldn't resist a Hello Kitty onesie for my little girl, i haven't got any clothes for her yet really and it had a matching hat with cat ears and bow on the feet! it was amazing! x

Honeybee - Glad your glucose test has gone well thats fab, no news is good news! I am going to pop to Boots in a bit and see if i can get my pack from there.  x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #279 on: 15/02/19, 13:26 »
    Honeybee17-Thanks for that tip about the redeem button I did wonder about that silly of them not to actually stipulate that in writing before people hit the button 🙄I think maybe you thought I was having a girl because I said before we went for the gender scan I thought it might be a girl because I was having sweet cravings and baby always had a high HB which allegedly points to a girl but we found out it was a boy when I went for a gender scan at 17 weeks at WTTW.Good news about the glucose test what a relief.

mrscoyle-That onesie sounds adorable! I found a cute little top and jogging bottoms in ASDA a few weeks back in the boys section with cats and bought them straight away as I noticed most kitty themed clothes tend to be for little girls and as Iím a self confessed crazy cat lady I had to at least find something cat themed for boys 😹

Forgot to mention in my earlier post for those ladies that are having a  C section there is a nice article in the March issue of Gurgle about a lady who wanted to have a natural birth but ended up having 3 C sections with each of her children and how it didnít affect her bonding with her babies at all. Really reassuring read would recommend it.

xx