* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 24753 times)

0 Members

Offline Aley

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #290 on: 28/02/19, 16:16 »
It is very quiet in here!
How is everyone? Any news?

Bosst, I got your PM, I think is just a problem with the forum and messages lately. Hope you got mine.

Just a quick uodate from me. Had a wellbeing scan today and I got to see my little one in 4d. I can;t stop looking at him and I am in the awe of how beautiful he looks....I am sure I've heard every mother saying this about their child. :)) Otherwise all was good, measuring on spot and breech, hopefuly he won't get to comfortable like that because I really want a chance of a natural birth.
Oh and I did say it to my parents eventually, they were happy and I am finally at peace, wish I've done it earlier but this is it now.
29 weeks today...gosh, I really hope these 10-11 weeks will go flying, can;t wait to have him in my arms.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #291 on: 2/03/19, 21:18 »
    Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit queit.  Been a bit of a strange time.  we had my mum's funeral this week.

I've sort of kept up with everyone.  I hope you're all well. 

Aley - I'm so glad that you were able to tell your parents.  That must have been very difficult, I'm really happy that they are happy for you.  How can they not be when they will be expecting a sweet little grandson soon.  I hope everything is going well for you and that  your wife is feeling well.  Oh yes, and glad you got to see your little one in 4D and that everything is good.  There's still time for him to turn round.

Bossy - OH [email protected] with you on the back pain.  Keep an eye on it.  You can always go to the GP and get referred for physio if it gets too bad.  Mine's worse first thing I get back and in the evening's too.  Lovely to feel them kick though isn't it?  My little one is training to be a gymnast I think. 

Mrs Coyle - I think it's normal to feel baby more when you're resting.  I have felt the same with both my babies.  I feel this one at night more too.  I really don't notice movement while I'm walking around although I think a feel braxton hicks whether I'm moving or not.  I think the more that they grow the less they can move.  They say though that you should keep an eye on movement from about 28 weeks onwards and speak to your midwife if you feel tehre are any changes.  Always best to check but I'm sure all is good with your little one.

Toffee Apple - I think I should see an osteopath too.  I did after the birth of my son but I would probably benefit from it now.  I was thinking either theat or a pregnancy massage would be realy nice.  Glad yours helped with the back pain.

Honeybee - Glad your 25 weeks GP appointment went well.  I've got my 28 week one comign up on Tuesday with the midwife.  I'm looking forward to it as I've not seen anyone about baby since my 20 week scan and that seems like such a long time ago. 

AFM - Still not bought a double baggy and still in a complete quandry about what the best one would be.  Will have to sort it soon.  Still not moved either but have come to accept that it could be on or just afetr baby has arrived and it'll just be an interestingly exciting and slightly crazy time.  I've told my work that I'm finishing on 26th April (due date is 24th May but I reckon babyn will be here before that).  I've been doig some pregnancy yoga which has really helped me focus more on this pregnancy as I've been finding it hard to do so.  I've also booked my husband and I in to do a hypno-birthing class. I think it will help me what ever birth, natural or assisted, I have.  I just feel that I need to think about this baby a bit more than I am.  I've been so preocupoied with other stuff.  Anyway, thank goodness for little ones.   I'm so much happier around my little toddler in regards to these strange times.  I thought work wotuld take my mimd off the hard stuff that's been going on but it's the opposite.  It's ,my little son, you can't be grumpy around little miracles likje him and I'm so blessed to be having another one in a couple of months.  Anyway, I hope everything is good with everybody.  Hope you're enjoying yoru weekends. xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #292 on: 4/03/19, 09:23 »
    Morning everyone!

Sorry for the radio silence form me. I've been off work for a week and a half. We had a few days with the in-laws in France and then pottering around doing jobs at home.

Janeliot, thinking of you. You have so much going on but so pleased you are taking comfort from your little boys.

Aley - so pleased you spoke to your family too and that all is well. I know you were incredily apprehensive but I hope now that all of you can now relax a little bit and focus on the arrival of your baby. It must have been lovely having the 4D scan too. We have three NHS ones scheduled so don't think we'll do any private ones with 4D but it's always so lovely seeing them wriggling around  :)

Bossy, Toffeeapple and Janeliot and anyone else who's suffering (!) - I hope you manage to find a way to manage the aches and pains. I'm really sore too but it was manageable while I was off and moving around a bit more. Have only been at the laptop for 15 mins though and I'm feeling it again already  :( I've got a free trial of a mums to be pilates class next thursday though so hoping that might help and think I will buy one of the birthing balls now too and see if that helps with my posture and sitting position.

MrsC - how are you and how is the pram  :) Do you love it? :-)

AFM -otherwise all good. Hubby leaves tomorrow for a month but it's been nice to have a break together and enjoy one-another's company.  We had a nursery advisory service appt at John Lewis too and I have to say they were really helpful and there was no pressure at all. Even got some freebies and a free tea/coffee and cake voucher for the cafe at the end! The following day we ordered a car seat from them as it was on a price match due to the mothercare baby event and that should arrive today and they also helped us decide on a travel system but we're not planning to buy for another few weeks.  The cat was thrown among the pigeons yesterday though when we saw a new iCandy Lime model was released on Friday. It seems to be lighter and you can collapse with the seat still attached but not sure it's as suitable for rough terrain as the one we were looking at so the jury is out, but I feel like we made some progress.  Did anyone make it to the Baby Show at Excel? How was it? We've got tickets to the Baby and Toddler Show at Kempton Park mid-April as we thought that might be less overwhelming and easier to get to from where we live and the timing is good as that's when we'd like to start buying things. Hopefully we can do a final comparison of pushchairs there before taking the plunge.

Well nothing else to report really but I hope everyone is feeling well. I have a suspicion that the next few weeks are going to fly by! :o
    Sending lots if love xx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #293 on: 5/03/19, 23:16 »
    Hello. Me again.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Honeybee - Glad you've had a lovely time with hubby.  I hope the month goes nice and quickly for you until he's back again.  The JL nursery thing sounds really good.  A nice thing to do together actually.  I looked up that ICandy Lime.  Obviously they don't do it as a double but iit looks really nice.  I don't quite understand what they mean though about using fabiric that they provide to make it usable from birth?  Nice that you can fold it down all together, that is useful.  But, as you say, is it as sturdy as other buggies?  My colleauge told me about her daughter yesterday who went through about 4 buggies!  She jsut wasnt' happy with them, she bought them all new too.  They were for twins so it must have cost her a small fortune.

Had my 28 week midwife check today.  My midwife checks have not been so positive this pregnancy.  I'm ok, baby I think is ok but the midwife was unhappy with his heartrate so off I was sent to MAU for an hour on the monitor thingy.  My parents in law looked after my son, they did it at the drop of a hat.  Which was really lovely of them.  Anyway, it was actually quite nice to be lying there in the middle of the afternoon with nothing to do.  I purposefully didn't look at my phone and had a bit of a nap.  Althoguh I did feel pretty worried.  Anyway, the MAU seemed happy in the long run but it makes me feel uneasy about things so I'm wondering whehter I should book a scan for myself just to put my mind at rest.  Otherwise they're happy not to see me again until 34 weeks which seems like another age away.  Baby's heartrate at 28 + 4 weeks didn't really go above 130.  Does that seem ok?  It was 150 apparently at 16 weeks.  I guess that, out of any of us, I should really know but I don't. So [email protected] going to be extra vigilant on monitoring movements now.  He's been pretty active today actually.  I forgot to say on here, and to the midwives actually, that I was really ill two weeks ago.  I had a really nasty tummy bug followed directly by a really nasty long lasting cold.  Only just getting over it.  I don't know if that's anything to do with it.  Plus obviously my emotional stuff going on.  I told the midwife that.  I think it's important.  I think the baby blues may hit me like a ton of bricks when my baby is born.  It's not a bad thing but they think it's improtant for them to know these things too.  Anyway, going to take it a little easier tomorrow.  I don't have to work again until Thursday so that's good.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. xx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #294 on: 5/03/19, 23:20 »
    oh gosh.  Just googled heart rates.  Shouldn't have done that.  Forgot to say that the heart rate was between 120 and 130.  At the midwife appointment it was just 120.  So I'm still worried as at 28 weeks it is normally 130 to 140.  Which is what it was with my son.  I think I will be booking that scan.  Not too comfortable about waiting 6 weeks before another check.  Feel a bit uneasy. 

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #295 on: 6/03/19, 19:36 »
    Janeliot, you poor thing. I've been wanting to reply to you earlier but couldn't find the time. I understand your worry but I think if people in MAU were happy it;s a good thing. Believe it or not I recently found out that the NICE guidelines (it's a set of "rules" that UK has for different conditions/aything medicine related really) don't insist on finding the heartbeat with the Doppler and don't recomment it. Obviously in practice this never happen but in a way it makes sense because hearing the heartbeat for less than a minute is not in anyway a reliable indicator of baby wellbeing. They recommned instead close monitoring of baby's movement. If a baby is moving and wriggling around then more likely that baby is fine. Just like us babies are all different, some are bigger, some are smaller, some have a HR of 150, some stay at 130. The more you google I think the more chances you'll have to find out something awful that is just going to stress you but it;s not in anyway relevant to you.
    I understand why you want a reassurance scan, I would probably do the same. If you do have one I would suggest to go somewhere where they are a bit more thorough and ask them to look at the flow in the cord, obviously check baby weight and all that and look at the heart chambers. I think everything will be ok but maybe just to put your mind at ease.
    Let us know how everything goes. I'll be thinking of you.

HoneyBee, that nursery service sounds like a dream. It's always good to have a look around before deciding on a buy. Especially as the prams tend to be expensive.
    About the scans, I don't get any scans with my hospitals, the last one was at 22 weeks so probably if I was t have scans with my hospital I wouldn't pay for private ones. Nowadays, all the private scan places offer 4d so since I am paying so much to have them done I might as well.  ;D
    Thank you for your kind words.

Hope all the other ladies are ok? Any new updates?

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #296 on: 7/03/19, 12:49 »
    Janeliot - I have to agree with Aley, If MAU was happy enough to send you home then i'm sure everything is fine, I can understand your worry but as Aley said every baby is different and every pregnancy is different as well.
    I don't even know what the heart rate was at my appointments as long as my midwife was happy so was I, They have never told me and I have never asked otherwise i'd end up on google i think.
    I don't understand the bump measurement thing, everyone is such different sizes i don't see how this can have any indication of size etc of the baby, but i'm no professional its just sounds quite old fashioned to me. An thank you it is lovely to hear from an experienced mummy, im glad i got checked at triage and knowing all was well was such a relief!
    I am sure all will be well at your next appointment, try not to worry.

Bossy - I cant wait for my NCT class, mine in next month! cant wait to learn, mine is a 6 hour day at the hospital and I am looking into a baby first aid course for me and hubby to do as well. Glad to hear he is kicking lots, my little girl says hi back i love watching my belly moving she was so active this morning!

Aley - So glad your 4D scan ent well and all is looking good, and you told your parents, I knew they would be happy an it is a big weight of your
    mind, i'm sure. I have found since 20 weeks the weeks have been flying by a lot faster!

Honeybee - I am good thank you and my Pram is completely amazing! got the basket and canopy for it last week and I am so so excited to put it to use! Your Jhon Lewis service sounds fab! I may have to give that a go!

Fairylight and Toffee-Apple how are you getting on?

AFM - Not a lot to report, today I am 28 + 3 and have had some back ache but nothing unbearable, last weekend we started our new bedroom and nursery! I found it quite therapeutic stripping the wallpaper, and we managed to strip all the walls, floors and ceilings! so made great progress, we have discovered we need a plaster in as the walls are in a bad condition, it is a 30s house so i'm not surprised, and we are having the gas fire removed as well so lots to do before we can even paint and wallpaper etc!

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #297 on: 7/03/19, 13:57 »
    Hello Ladies

Aley- Glad your 4D scan went well and you got to see your gorgeous little boy,I have booked to have one at WTTW at the end of the month. Really good news that your parents have been told your happy news & they are excited about their grandchild so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy (haha do we ever relax until the baby is actually here?!).

Janeliot - I think MAU wouldnít have let you go off and said everything is ok if it wasnít. I have to go to hospital twice a week now for BP monitoring and they listen to babyís heartbeat on a Doppler every time and I have been told anything between 120-160 is considered normal (mine has covered the whole range at various appointments).

Honeybee17- The JL nursery advisory service sounds fantastic,what car seat did you end up going for? We still havenít got one so that is next on the list. Hope you enjoy your Pilates class.

mrscoyle- Hope your decorating is going well?We have the painter coming beginning of April -our whole house needs doing! We had it rewired year before last and were meant to get it painted last year but then one of my cats was diagnosed with a tumour and he was in and out of hospital with scans and surgery so that got cancelled as I didnít want to upset him by having anything done while he was recovering.

AFM My blood pressure went through the roof earlier this week so now I have to go in twice weekly for monitoring. Iíve also been put on BP tabs twice daily which Iím not too happy about but they seem to be working as my BP was lower when checked today. I also had another gestational diabetes test earlier this week as I had glucose in my urine again and they also tested for pre eclampsia as my ankles & top of my feet have been swelling terribly but luckily both of those came back clear.

Regarding the Baby Show at Excel I went to that on Sunday and it was fantastic! I got a made for mumís goody bag (ore ordered for £5 but has items to the value of £35 in it). A couple of the items I particularly liked:

1. Schnuggle bath and stand -am definitely going to get this as I think it will be a big help with my dodgy back and prevent me having to bend over.

2. Snugglebundl blankets - I bought two of these definitely check out the video on their website /YouTube. Itís great and made from a lovely soft cotton big plus also itís perfectly safe to use in a car seat.

3. Love to dream swaddle up- I bought two of these to try,apparently they are the only swaddle blanket that has the arms in the natural upright position. They sell through them on a Amazon too and have pretty good reviews overall.

4. Ewan the sheep -bought one of these it plays quite a few different types of sounds and has a little light.

5. Snuggle soother - This is a cute little soft toy with a clip which you can attach to the babyís clothes at one end and you can clip any dummy on the other end. We got a giraffe one & a fox one -Mrs Coyle thought of you as they had a unicorn one too!
    My husband also got a daddy bag (complete with checklist which has ďdonít forget the babyĒ on it😂) from the same stand.

We also got to see in real life the brand of cot we have our eye on , we are thinking of going with the Boori Eton expandable (starts off as a cot,becomes a toddler bed & eventually a double bed. The specific model I wanted wasnít at the show but they had a similar one and I got to see a colour sample of the wood we interested in which was nice.

Lastly we also purchased our pushchair. We went for the Didofy Lotus itís so easy & light to push around I could push it with one hand. What really sold it to us was that it is self folding -you literally push a button and it folds down /unfolds itself. Again I think this will be really helpful with my back.It also has a phone charger point on the handle.

Anyway sorry for the novel but thatís a full update from me. Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #298 on: 8/03/19, 10:01 »
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry not to be in touch sooner. It's been a very long week. I can't wait for the weekend to arrive.

Janeliot, sorry you had such a worrying time this week. I do understand your anxiety but agree with what everyone else has said. I remember in one of my appointments I asked a question about heart rates and was told that they can vary at any given moment in time just like ours. I am positive if they had any concerns at all they would have kept you in for more monitoring. I hope you're feeling better now.

Toffeeapple, sorry you are having a bit of a roller coaster with blood pressure tests etc but it's good that they're keeping a close eye on you and I'm sue you're in really good hands. it sounds like you had a blast at the baby show though :-) I love the snuggle soother. Will see if they have them at the baby and toddler show but otherwise I've seen them on amazon.  All of the other things sound lovely too. I've also been looking at star blankets which I think might be a bit like the snugglebundl blankets. https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/tuppenceandcrumble/product/fleece-baby-star-wrap. Very cute. Will wait and see what buggy we get though. She may as well be colour coordinated  ;D The car seat we chose BTW was the Maxi Cosi Pebble Plus.

Aley/Mrs C/ Bossy - hope you're all OK.

Have to run for now... sooo much to do again today so better get on with it!

xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #299 on: 8/03/19, 14:17 »
    Toffee-Apple - We are getting there bit by bit, awe bless you cat, sounds like you did the best thing, how is pussycat now? Thats good that you have someone booked to come in. Sorry to hear about your blood pressure and your swelling! glad to hear that the tests came back negative though and that your BP is better now with the meds. I love your list and cant wait to check out some of the items thank you so much for taking the time to share them with us.
    And thats fab that you have managed to make some important purchases. good work.