* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 24834 times)

0 Members

Offline Janeliot

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #310 on: 14/03/19, 22:12 »
Hello Everyone,

ToffeeApple - I'm having bad reflux too.  I'm sure last time I had it someone said that it's because the baby has a lot of hair.  Probably an old wives tale but my son was born with loads of hair on his head.  It's not very pleasant and worst when I lie down.  I've had the whooping cough vassine also.  wher I live they say between 26 and 30 weeks I think, or 34, can't remember..  Anyway, I had it at 27 weeks and apparently it gets more achy the more times you have it.  The nurse who bave it to me was preggnant with her 3rd baby and said that it had been very achy for her.  It was ok.  Better to have it done.  So sorry to hear about your MIL.  I hope they find a donor quickly for her.  And your poor stressed cat.  I'm glad that he's ok but not nice to have that scare for you at all.  I hope he's all cosy and curled up warm. 

Honeybee - That's nice that your hubby has been able to come to your appointments.  It must be pretty tough for you to have him away.  I know what you mean about still thinking that you're 5 months and got loads of time.  I think I'm in the same frame of mind and then I get a little wake up call every time more colleagues say "oooh not long now!".IT's nice to have odd jobs done at this time.  Part of the nesting feeling maybe but it feels good to get some things done.  I  Think I set my self a big living room painting project at this time with my son.  REally enjoyed it but the photos of me covered in paint with a big bump look funny. Oh forgot to say that [email protected] glad that the 28 week mw appt went well and that all looks good.  My baby is breack but midwife said still time to turn. 

Bossy - Wow, your 4D scan sounds wonderful.  So lovely.  As I said, my baby is breach also according to the midwife. Glad you're feeling more relaxed. 

MRs Coyle - I can't believe how the 2nd trimester flew by either.  And here we are in the 3rd.  Glad your midwife appt went well.  I need to book my 34 week one.  Nice that you'll both be there.  It gets nice and exciting to be able to finally sit down and talk about the actual birth. 

Aley - Hoep you're doing well.  I dont' get anymore scans through the hospital either.  It's just 12 and 20 weeks but it changes if they need to keep a special eye on baby.  With my son I had scans at 34, 36 and 38 as he was measuring big and I had loads of fluid.  I thought it would be the same again as I feel huge.  I didn't go for a scan as as you said, it's all within range and baby is moving nicely every day. 

AFM - As I said I didn't go for a scan.   I never really knew the heart rate with my son, I just always knew he was ok.  I'm not rreally sure that the MW should have made a fuss about it. Anyway, never mind.  I hope my 34 weeks appt goes a bit better.  I'm 30 weeks tomorrow.  I have 6 more weeks at work but I work part time and i have lot of holiday to take before 1st April which means I'm not really there much.  Feels a bit strange.  But good too.  Don't really now what else to say.  Still haven't bought the double buggy.  Got plenty of slings for baby though.  And a car seat.  And we still haven't moved and still don't have a move date.  IT's ok, It'll probably be a wee bit stressful but it's a few things to be looking forward to.

Hope everyone is ok and that all is going well. x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #311 on: 15/03/19, 12:31 »
    Hi Everyone,

Janeliot, nice to hear from you. Nice to hear there is not too much work pressure with everything else you have going on and you can rest between work days. You must still have a lot to process and I'm pleased to hear you have some time to do so and as you say, thank fully lots of nice things to look forward to.

Quick update from me. Just had a growth scan. All ok but the sonographer was chuckling as she said she was big! It was funny, I thought she said her head was big and I said that it didn't surprise me as her dad has a big head, and she said, 'No this is her tummy I'm measuring' and I said.... 'Oh yes, he has a big one of those as well'  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though she's currently measuring 96, 97 and 61 percentile for growth of her head, tummy and femur respectively. They estimated her to be 3lb8 but I think they can be way off with th weight measurements at least. I guess the others are what they are. The sonographer didn't seem worried when I asked her if I should be and she said no they'll just need to monitor me and think about how best to get her out   :-[ She checked I'd had my glucose test and that it wasn't a gestational diabetes thing and I told her it had come back negative. Ordinarily I'm meant to see the consultant the week after each scan but it's been postponed for two weeks, I think maybe due to a holiday. I'm sure if anything was wrong though it would be flagged to someone else. I'm now seeing her the first Wed in April. She's also wriggled around a bit and currently head down.

Well that's all form me for now. Thank goodness it's nearly the weekend! Hope you all have a nice restful one  :)
    xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #312 on: 18/03/19, 09:19 »
    Morning everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend? I had a lovely one seeing various friends and managed to do some pre-arrival house de-cluttering too which was very productive. Still more to do but I made a v good start. Feel quite gutted it's Monday again and feel like I'm getting a cold! I'm very thankful I just have three more lots of two weeks of work with breaks in-between. Hopefully it will pass quickly :-) I discovered there's a nice non-chain baby shop not a million miles from me in the same building as a new window to the womb centre that has opened. Went there on Sat and they had some nice cot beds that gave me some new ideas. Clothes etc were super expensive but I did find a really nice unisex backpack changing bag so that has made the shortlist! Will talk cotbeds with hubby about when he's home but think while we will likely clear the space, we'll wait to buy that nearer the time when she needs it to try to spread out the expense a bit.

Well better crack on. Have a nice day everyone xx

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #313 on: 18/03/19, 18:08 »
    Hi ladies

Janeliot- Ooh thatís interesting about the acid reflux and a lot of hair maybe my baby will have a full head of hair too. I never could stomach Gaviscon before but itís the only thing that helps with the acid reflux so Iíve been taking the sachets. Hope you get your moving date soon. What car seat did you get?

Honeybee17-Glad you had a nice weekend,sorry to hear you coming down with a cold.Hope it passes quickly.Lovely to hear your growth scan went well & your little princess is growing nicely.

Hope everyone else is ok?

I ended up ordering a pink lining changing bag,I went for the hummingbird print as itís got a grey trim which will match the pram we bought & I found a matching print bundle on eBay too (bottle holder,wallet & wash bag).
    This morning I saw an adorable Disney changing bag rucksack on my social media feed ....so I ordered that too as I think I will be able to use that for days out even when bubs is bigger (plus itís super cute lol).

What is everyone doing regarding nursing chairs? Iíve looked at some online & just feel like Iím going around in circles and am none the wiser🙈

xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #314 on: 18/03/19, 20:22 »
    Hi toffeeapple,

Your bags sound great. Just to answer your question quickly m looking at the serenity nursing glider and amazon. Was going to get a little arm chair but these work out a lot cheaper. I probably wonít gwt around to it but thought I could even have it covered in the same fabric as the curtains in the room as I know a local co that does that kind of thing and I donít think itís v Expensive. Like I say though lots of other more important things to do!!

If youíve seen other nice ones, please let me know!

Have s nice eve xx

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #315 on: 18/03/19, 21:09 »
    Hi everyoje,

ToffeeApple - Isn't Gaviscon amazing? It actually does work.  Makes me feel a lot more comfortable anyway.  All these changign bags sound really cool.  We#ve got a silver cross one that I've been using for the last year and a half but it's quite bulky for the amount that actually fits in it.  I want to get a really nice rucksuck as that will be more compatible with double buggy or baby carrier.  That Disney backpback sounds cool.  We have a maxicosi car seat.  Seems to be the one a lot of people go for, it's compatible with somany other brands with adapters and all.  It's what we had before anyway, before we got rid of it, silly us.

HOneybee - I hope you don't get a full blown cold and it just passes for you. Hope you're feeling ok.

I called up to book my 34 week mw appt the other week and was horrified when they said the only thing they had available was 23rd April.  I said I'll be 36 weeks then and I wasn't very happy with that.  You're deamed full term from 37 so with a second baby I could be giving birth the week after.  Probably not but it didn't seem right so the lady on the phone aksed if I was available on Sunday which I was and she recommended I go for a check anyway and maybe the mw could sort out a better appt. for me.  Thank goodness I went.  As I suspected, I'm measuring big again.  I'm measuring 32 weeks when I'm 30 so I'm under closer observation, growth scans at 34, 36 and 38 weeks.  And probably under consultant care like I was with my son.  I wasn't particularly pushy but it makes me worry that some women might miss out on the care they need.  I think it must be just my hospital.  I trust the midwives but not so sure about the admin.   Anyway, I feel relieved that I went and I get to see my baby in 3 weeks time.  Be able to check out if he has any hair!  The midwife thinks he's head down now but she can't be certain.  She said she could feel a bottom or a head under my right rib, makes sense as it is sometimes quite painful. 

Anyway, I hoipe everyone is well.  Looking forwards to some sunnier weather! xx

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #316 on: 19/03/19, 10:00 »
    Morning everyone,

Janeliot, so pleased you managed to get your appointments sorted out an that they're going to just keep an eye on things with more regular scans. I know what you mean about wondering if some people really get the monitoring they should. I think after going through an IVF cycle (s!) you just get used to asking questions but a lot of people who only go through the NHS probably just accept things at face value.

Just wnated to drop a note since you specifically menioned backpack style changing bags. The brand I came across at the weekend is babymel and they seem to ahve good reviews. just thought I'd mention in case that's useful.

Still feeling grotty but decided to stay working form home until I feel better and if that means all week then so be it!  :-\

Have a good day everyone!

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #318 on: 19/03/19, 12:12 »
    Toffee-Apple - I am 30 + 1 and no one has mentioned the whooping cough vaccine to me, I think i will ask my Dr at my 31w appointment with him next week. Lol I get what you mean about the changing bag, I love the sound of your hummingbird print bag and the Disney one! we still need another one really, and I am currently like we need a car seat now! just in case and it might take like 6 weeks to arrive if we order it! so I have been doing some research and will need to choose one tonight really! I haven't chosen a nursing chair yet but i do want to get 1 for the nursery.  glad your other half has managed to find the perfect man changing bag.
    An thats so annoying that your Drs didn't know about your thyroid check but glad you have some to get you through, I had my blood taken to check at my last midwife appointment last week so have to wait and see. Yes I have just started to get some acid reflux, well i think thats what it is anyway.

Honeybee- I am hoping to get my c-section date sooner than 35 weeks! I have a business to plan around it and i want to get it sorted before then!
    Sounds like she is measuring well and is getting ready for her appearance! I hope that you are feeling well and it wasn't a cold you where getting, glad to hear that you managed to find a non-chain baby shop, I bet they have some fab stuff, I really don't like mother care much and recently discovered Posh Peanut online! not cheap but they have some beautiful stuff! I think i will be putting an order in soon. I recently ordered a few things from PatPat.com they also have some super cute stuff and free p&p with order over £30! Im looking forward to seeing what their stuff is like.
    I bet it felt good to get some house de cluttering done! I cant wait to get more done!
    Thanks for the link and I think that its very sensible that your working from home whilst feeling the way you do.

Janeliot - Thats so bad that they didn't have an appointment for you, so glad you made a fuss and sorted it well done! your right admin does not sound good! I hope that baby isn't giving your to much jip hiding behind those ribs.

A.F.M - This morning I went and had my Anti D vaccine as baby is a different blood type to me, it was an early appointment and i did struggle tho! I think that i have been feeling a lot more tired at the mo and really feeling the difference in my back legs and bump! baby is feeling bigger by the day!
    I hope you are all having a good Wednesday.

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #319 on: 20/03/19, 09:33 »
    Morning everyone,
    Just a v quick one from me. The shop I went to on Sat now has an offer on changing bags if anyone is interested. I was going to wait but I'm quite tempted to just go with it.
    https://www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk/collections/changing-bags

Rough night last night. Is anyone else struggling with sleep? I felt so rough at lunch time yesterday I went for a 45 min nap but then I was wide awake from 2-6am. Today's going to be fun  :-\
    Have a good day
    x