* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 24736 times)

0 Members

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #370 on: 31/05/19, 23:34 »
Aley - Thank-you so much for your kind words of encouragement. I will definitely get some help with the BF. Itís so discouraging to keep pumping and barely a dribble comes out 😔I have also said the hospital can give baby bottles of formula as else he would starve. Also until he is feeding properly off the tube (either bottle or breast) they will not let him come home. xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #371 on: 1/06/19, 13:49 »
    Toffee, in my first days at home I was expressing in a syringe and barely getting 1-2ml. Now with an electric pump I get 50-70 ml from one setting and one boob.
    Does the hospital offers you an electric pump? I have medela symphony which is what hospital uses, I rented it as itís thousands to buy. I would highly recommend looking into hiring one especially as your baby canít be on the breast yet and youíre relying on pumping. Itís all a demand supply thing, the more you pump the more youíll have.
    Just remember Youíre doing a great job as it is keeping it together and trying so hard for your baby.
    It will work out in the end. I just hope you get the support you need. Also the hospital should have its own lactation consultant, ask about it and ask about an effective pump you can get at home.

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #372 on: 1/06/19, 23:33 »
    Aley- Thank-you so much for sharing your experience and all the good advice. I also was hand expressing like 1-2ml on syringe and then when the hospital lent me the pump (Medela portable) I was still expressing small amounts. I have looked tonight on their website and ordered to rent the symphony like you recommended (thank-you for telling me about that). Also I think I need to increase the amount of times I am expressing. That is amazing your supply has improved so much it really gives me hope. I was suppose to have the telephone consult with the private lactation consultant but she never called and then this evening she e-mailed me that she forgot 🙄I will ask the hospital about their lactation consultant hopefully I can see her next week. I have been setting my alarm to get up in the night to pump but I think I need to make more effort during the day and not get so caught up with everything else.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and enjoying time spent with their babies?

My little man had his first bath today and he did not like it one bit -screamed his little head off! Also he was off the monitor all day today which again is a positive step forward. I had my second postnatal check at the hospital and have now got an infection in my c section cut. They took bloods,did a swab and have changed me to a stronger dose of antibiotics. I need to go back Monday for another check. Also I am being referred for an urgent CT scan if my leg as one is slightly more swollen than the other and they have upped the dose if the blood thinning injections they have put me on. Hopefully itís not a blood clot but will need to wait and see.

xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #373 on: 4/06/19, 16:28 »
    lORI84 - So exciting to hear you have stated your next cycle! sending lots of luck, you are such a strong amazing woman I am sure that this will be your time.

Honeybee - I am pleased to hear you have been getting some bargains! I have been reading my baby week by week, and it is brilliant gives you a rough guide of what to expect each week, i love it! but i am also discovering i have not got a lot i can wear! so i am doing some clothes shopping online now.

Bossy -  Thank you, its so amazing being a Mummy! I hope you cesarian all went well and you now have your little miracle in you arms!

Janeliot - Congratulations on your little by he sounds amazing! havee u chosen a name yet?

Toffee-Apple - Thank you so much I think it is what the next Disney princess would be called lol.
    Im so sorry to hear about your breastfeeding troubles I was concerned about it as heard it can be hard and it can hurt but i have been so lucky as Arabella seems to know exactly what she,s doing and has been teaching me. I really Hope the lactation expert helps.
    Sorry to hear about your scar getting infected! im sure that some antibiotics will soon sort it out, I have been feeling delicate and its been 2 weeks for me now, I can walk about relatively pain free but thats about it, I have just got a new prescription for the dyacodeine as I have been getting stinging pains behind my belly button and my scar is still numb in  places although thats normal i read.
    I hope yours is sorted soon.
    I hope you don't have a blood clot! An sorry to hear LO didn't like the first bath, we are giving Arabella hers tonight!

Aley - Life with Arabella has been so amazing! I have found myself crying at random times mainly due to happiness lol, and we had our first trip to A&E Sat night as she started being sick after each feed, but everything was fine and they said its probably as my milk has increased and she is just taking in more than she needs phew! I think she may now have reflux or colic or something but we are doing good, i hate seeing her sad though, I am lucky though as she hardly ever cry she just grumbles a little.
    How are you and your little miracle doing?

AFM - I am enjoying every moment of mother hood, Hubby went back to work on Monday and so just getting use to getting stuff done as well as dealing with my cesarian pain and looking after Arabella, but I am only doing little extra things like washing if i feel up to it. feeling very proud of myself as i did a wash today! lol i don't usually do stuff like that hubby does all that stuff.
    Arabella is getting use to her moses basket we have down stairs but won't sleep in her bed bay cot so we have been co sleeping in the bed together it was scary at first but its getting easier now.

Hope everyone else is well, sending hugs to all x  x x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #374 on: 7/06/19, 18:25 »
    mrscoyle- Arabella is definitely a Disney Princess name very fitting. Iím finding my LO patches on fine and has no problem sucking now but itís my actual supply that is non exitant which is so frustrating as I was all geared up for BF and now feel like the worst mum ever because my body wonít do what it should.Ive resorted to hand expressing in a syringe so at least he is getting a minuscule amount of milk from me as I find with pumping as itís such a small amount it gets lost in the bottle 😔

Hope everyone else is keeping well and enjoying their babies?

Well I had my leg scan on Monday and didnít have a blood clot thank goodness but they kept me in triage until 22:30 umming and aahing about re-admitting me into hospital as my blood pressure has gone through the roof again. In the end they put me on a blood pressure tablet and I have been having to go in every few days to get it checked as well as my wound which is still infected🙄They have now put me on yet another course of antibiotics so hopefully that will knock it on the head.I also enquires about the MRI Iím suppose to be having for the leftover placenta in my womb and it transpires that was never actioned! So now that it has been hopefully I get a letter in the post soon.
     Now for the good news- my LOís feeding tube came out on Weds & they took him off the monitor late yesterday afternoon after he passed his car seat challenge. We are rooming in this weekend and then he is free to come home on Monday -I am literally counting down the hours!🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend xx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #375 on: 10/06/19, 20:55 »
    Toffee_Apple - Please don't feel like that hun, some people and some babies just are not meant to breast feed, it really does depend on each person. I didn't know what to expect and I was quite prepared to give formal if I had to, i can understand how you are feeling though, but thats brilliant that you are able to still give LO something keep it up hun.
    Glad to hear you don't have a clot hun, but it must be so frustrating with your BP, although if your screen is infected than I am not surprised it high.
    I really hope the antibiotics help asap and you are all better. Also I hope your MRI is soon and helps.
    So have you got your LO home now? how exciting! its so surreal isn't it! whats the car seat challenge? lol x x

Hope everyone else is well x

Offline Toffee_Apple

modify
    « Reply #376 on: 14/06/19, 15:28 »
    mrscoyle-Thank-you for your kind words,yes my little munchkin came home on Monday😊The car seat challenge is where we had to bring in our car seat and he was hooked up to a monitor which records his heartbeat and oxygen saturation levels and the alarm sounds if either are below a certain range. So he had to sit in his car seat for 30 mins and not set the monitor alarm off in order to pass. They do it to make sure preemies are ok breathing ect in confined spaces. The health visitor popped around yesterday and weighed him and he is now 5lb 12oz so really gaining weight nicely. She said she would be back in 2 weeks to check on him again. We also had a complete nightmare getting the prescription from the GP for his formula. As our practice has 2 branches the discharge letter from the hospital which specifies that he has to be on this formula was sent to the other branch so they would only prescribe one tin🙄After much running backwards and forwards they eventually set up a repeat script for the formula but it was such hard work to get it sorted. xx

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #377 on: 1/08/19, 07:33 »
    Hey girls! Would really want to hear how is life for you now that weíre mummies.

My one is 12 weeks tomorrow! When did the time go? He is an absolute delight, sleeping in my arms right now. Waking up often enough and sometimes refusing to sleep anywhere else but mummyís arms. Heís doing the smiles, doing push-ups and rolling from tummy to back at tummy time, also having right arguments with miss cow and that loud sensory ball. He has no idea how loved he is.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #378 on: 1/08/19, 09:01 »
    Toffee-Apple - sounds like you have had a pilava hope you are all home now and settled?

Aley - so glad to hear you are settled in to motherhood and enjoying it, my little Arabella is asleep on my legs at the mo, she now rolls from her bed Bay into the bed as she knows Iím there I think! Lol an she ends up sleeping on or next to me! She is amazing and so beautiful we are so blessed! Itís like Christmas every morning!
    She is 11 weeks on Monday and Iím loving every min. Although I have a new found respect for single mums! How do they do it! I donít think I would eat with out my husband! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #379 on: 1/08/19, 09:39 »
    Since I am bf itís mainly me that wakes up but I know what youíre saying, my wife does most of the cooking and cleaning at times. If I was to be on my own I think I would lose that stone thatís still lingering way faster than I am now.
    How did you recover after section? Bf going well?