* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 22690 times)

0 Members

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #380 on: 1/08/19, 11:09 »
Aley - recovery took time, this week is the first week I have decided Iím feeling more myself and so weighed myself (first time since I got pregnant) and I have gained 4 stone! Not surprised! So Iím being a lot healthier now.
Iím exclusively bf but just started pumping so that hubby can have a go with a bottle so I can get a little break! Thatís good that your wife is doing lots. My hubby has also been fab. He does all the washing, cooking etc, as she wonít let me put her down for long at a time yet, although sheís getting better.
We took pretty easy to bf I was lucky I think, she taught me, she just got on with it, first week or 2 was tougher but now itís like 2nd nature.
How have u got on? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aley

modify
    « Reply #381 on: 2/08/19, 08:33 »
    Weíre doing well. Bf wasnít easy for us but we got through. Baby is plain refusing bottles and soothers. I too expressed my milk for my wife to give when I had to attend medical appointments but he would rather scream the place down and fall asleep hungry.
    I donít know if I said it here but when I was 36 weeks I got Bellís palsy which is a form of facial paralysis, couldnít move the right half of my face for months...has just about starting to move very little now, so I had to have all sorts of things done and tests so my wife had to mind him. I donít even understand why he is like that because we gave him expressed milk from the very start. I am terrified thinking of going back to work early next year.
    Your bf journey seems to be far more straightforward. A baby that latches straight away with no issues sounds like a unicorn to me now well done you...and baby!

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #382 on: 2/08/19, 14:09 »
    Aley - Thanks Hun, yes think I am lucky!
    Oh no so sorry to hear about the paralysis thatís horrid but so pleased to hear that movement is returning. An glad the wife has been helping, yeah I can see the frustration! Have u tried different bottles? We had the Nuby bottle but she has a Tommi Tippy one now and they seem to do better with that one. He does one a day now although she doesnít always take it! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #383 on: 7/08/19, 06:54 »
    Hi Everyone!

Congratulations on the safe arrival of all your little ones. Toffee apple, so pleased your son built his strength quickly enough to get home fairly quickly. How is he doing now? Also how was you recovery as you also went through a really scary ordeal. I really felt for you. It must have been terrifying.

So sorry for the radio silence from me. I know Iíve been useless and feel bad after you guys have really been a lifeline to me during the pregnancy. Itís just taken me a while to get my head back above water! Aley, really sorry to hear youíve been unwell and really hope youíll make a full recovery soon.

C-aection was fine but I had a really awful reaction to the dihydrocodeine afterwards. I got really puffy after the section which was weird as I hadnít really even had swollen ankles during pregnancy, but it got worse and I was really constipated and just put it down to the spinal anaesthetic but then I had problems peeing. Long story short I ended up with a blocked bowel and obstructed bladder from the dihydrocodeine. It was really scary. I was absolutely full of fluid which I couldnít pass. It was like being trapped in your own body and I honestly felt really terrified. Anyway, they sorted me out but that was about a week after the section and OH went back to work overseas 4 days after that! Recovery from the c/s was harder than I anticipated but 4 weeks after I was pretty much ok but was still careful about lifting anything heavy until 6 weeks.

Hubbybwas meant to be overseas for 4 weeks but fortunately (!) there was an issue with the ship and he was back after two. We then had some time together before his mum and dad came to stay from France for ten days.

We called our little one Amťlie ans sheís doing really well. We also got off to a bumpy start with Bf as she would feed for hours through the night and I just wasnít sure if it was cluster feeding, the latch, poor milk transfer etc. She also lost weight when I had the issue with the painkillers so had been asked to combi feed. Weíve reduced the bottles now but we still give her one or two / day if my boobs want a rest (!) and just to involve my husband a bit more as I havenít really got organised enough for regular expressing.!

Hubby leaves on Friday until mid-Oct with the exception of four days in early sept so weíll be flying solo but my parents are just down he road and happy to help with meals etc. Iíve decided Iíll make lunch my main meal of the day to try to make the evening bath and bed routine a bit easier.  Itís going to be challenging for sure but weíll get through it and we have a really great Nct group that Iím gwtting lots of support from. The biggest challenge is sleep as sheís still all over the place bit i thinknits graduallt getting better s sheíll generally only do one 3-4 hour stint at night then an hour feeding, an hour of sleep etc. The night before last was the worst for a while sleeping 10-11 then 2-4. Hideous. Anyway, weíre working on it!

Sheís just dropped off on my arms so going to put her back in her snuzpod and see if I can get another hour in!

Congratulations again everyone!
    Honeybee x