* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - May/June 2019  (Read 24490 times)

0 Members

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - May/June 2019
« Reply #40 on: 24/11/18, 19:19 »
Aley- I donít think any of us will relax until baby is in our arms, an thatís crap about work! Iím surprised they have kept you on 24hr, I hope itís not busy.

Honeybee - I am the winning bid so far yes thanks for asking! Ends tomorrow!
Sorry to hear you are getting brown discharge, Iím sure everything will be fine. An yeah apparently bump changes constantly so I wouldnít worry about that. I hope you get an early night and managed to relax.

AFM - I have good news and bad news,
So bad news is I just slipped down about 3 stairs on my bum! Not sure how I managed it! Iv phones 111 and they have talked to me and are not to concerned as I just have an achy bum, nothing else hurts, but Iím still concerned and they are ringing me back to arrange an appointment to get checked.
The good news is got my blood results and low risk for everything thank fully! So glad.
X x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Janeliot

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 24/11/18, 20:46 »
    Mrs Coyle - Hope you're ok after your little fall.  I'm sure things will be fine.  Nice to get reasurance though.  Good news about your blood tests.  That's a relieaf.  Oh and I reckon you did feel your baby move.  Definitely sounds about right.  I think I do too as it sort of feels like what I remember it feelign like.  Sometimes though, there's the confusion of wind!  But what you described really sounds like the real deal.  So lovely.

Aley - I've got the problem of not fitting in to regular jeans/trousers but having saggy maternity jean too.  They're way more comfortable but I'm constantly hoiking them up. 

HOneybee - sorry to hear about the discharge.  I know it looks scary but I think it should be fine.  HOpe you can relax and have a good time.

Hope everyone else is well and having a good weekend.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 24/11/18, 20:50 »
    Janilot - awe thatís good to hear thank you, and yes I feel the same, Iím sure all Will be fine but I have managed to get an 8am appointment tomorrow morning at the hospital to check baby. So that will be a relief, I Hope.
    An I really do hope itís baby I feel. You have made me feel more confident now. Thank you x

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 24/11/18, 21:00 »
    Aley, so good to hear from you. Not sure of your career but sounds like you are working a lot!! I hope it won't be the norm throughout your pregnancy? Sounds like you are doing a great job balancing carrying your baby and keeping up with the rest of life. It's not easy. I also hear you on friends letting you down. I shouldn't complain too much about people as have some truly lovely people in our lives whom I'm so thankful for, but surprisingly, some of our very best friends who called us 'like family' - when we were supportive and involved during their hard times - were totally distant and unhelpful during our hard times. It's still hard to get over to this day, and it's hard for me when they have children, to feel like I really want to celebrate that time alongside them, when they weren't there during our opposite times. But I think our journeys really prepare us to be better and more connected parents and friends, and to tap into ways of thinking and reacting that others may not achieve.

Jane, you are a pillar of strength in your family... I know you will recreate those wonderful memories and feelings your Mom instilled for and in you, with your children!

Honeybee, the first thing I thought of reading your post was, I'm glad the discharge is brown. Throughout my first trimester of bleeding the first thing the doctor would always ask me each visit was, "Is it brown yet? Or pink?" Brown is old blood being pushed out. I know, zero blood is what we want, but brown blood doesn't ring troublesome for me. Easier said than done, I know.

MrsC, the flutter thing is really exciting and interesting! I didn't feel this with my son until about 20 weeks. I think I expected to feel a little kick or push right away - lol, so naive - but what it felt like for me was a sensation of little bubbles popping inside. After that I felt flutters. I have been reading that some women do feel things earlier, and can be very in tune with their bodies. So I think it's very well possible! I have been trying to pay attention (not too hard since I am sitting/resting most of the day and when I'm in bed.) I have felt sensations, like stretching or a brief pull, and based on what I felt the first time around, I don't know if it's my imagination or just my body growing, haha.
    I also think it's so wonderful you know several people who are having or had babies via IVF, and friends having success in their 40s after their journeys. I can only imagine the real-life support and understanding this would provide for one another. What special celebrations!

AFM, nothing new. Will be 17 weeks on Monday. Can't recall who asked, but my son is 5. He will be 6 by the Spring when baby's born.

PS. MrsC, so sorry to hear about the fall... ouch!!! I can only imagine your racing mind! Although, I'm sure it was only your rear that took any damage ;) Hope you are not too uncomfortable.

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 24/11/18, 21:09 »
    Hopefulkayte - Yeah at the time I put it down to cramps and stretching but it felt different and so ended up investigating, I hope I feel it again soon.
    Indeed we are all different an I have always been very sensitive in that area anyway I have prescribed painkillers for my periods as they are so painful and use to make me vomit! So maybe if it is baby that Iím Feeling thatís why.
    Yes itís fab having friends that are going through it, we all met through a support group online and decided to all meet, we are all different ages and at different stages in our journey as well.
    Thank you yes my left bum cheek is sore! ☹️ but I think baby is ok, Iím glad I have an appointment tomorrow morning to check.
    17 weeks! Oooh I canít wait to get where you are!

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 25/11/18, 09:51 »
    Morning all,

How is everyone today? MrsC, the UK is two hours behind us so suspect you May still be at the hospital but I hope all is ok and they have been able to provide you with some reassurance. I know your bum
    is probably the least of your worries but I hope youíre not too sore but most of all that the baby is ok. I think they are pretty well protected in there. My friend managed to electrocute herself about two weeks before her due date a few years ago but all was fine.

I am finally having a very quiet morning so have just read back through all the posts from the last few days as I think I missed a few things.

Aley, really sorry to hear about your difficult work situation. Are you in northern or Southern Ireland? In the UK we get a green book which is our formal maternity record but also has some info in it. Iím sure thatís where I read that your employer has to give you a formal risk assessment as soon as you tell them you are expecting. Maybe the employment laws are different in Southern Ireland but I think itís worth looking into as I agree the current situation is far from ideal, especially as the pregnancy advances. Itís tiring enough as it is. Worst case scenario I hope your own dr can help with a note but I really think your employer should be more flexible.

HopefulKayte and Janeliot, really wanted to reiterate again that Iím thinking of you both and your family situations. Janeliot, i cant imagine the sense of loss you feel missing your mum. Sending big hugs. Hopeful Kayte i understand youíre still probably feeling far from Ďwellí but youíre doing so well and great to hear that although itís making you feel dreadful your little one is growing healthily. I know time probably feels like itís passing slowly but youíre doing so well and it will be lovely once you feel ready to share your news with your son.

Bossy, wonderful news on your scan. Itís just so amazing to reach this stage isnít it and no doubt the news that youíre expecting a little boy is sinking in  :)  i also hope I didnít sound dismissive about thebhrad measurements. I really am sure all is ok as those are the kind of things they are looking out for at 12 weeks so if they have no concerns I really donít think it is cause for you to worry even though worrying is currently what weíre best at!! Big hugs xx We still havenít opened our envelope so not sure what weíre having. Going to wait a while yet, Iím just still quite anxious and feel like I want to wait, not that it would make me worry any more/less than I do already!!

I think that is everyone but sorry for anyone I have missed.

AFM a little bit of a worrying morning. Woke up this am to still having discharge and also some red blood (not a lot but quite fluidy and unmistakeable). I sent a message to a friend who I was meant to be mtg today just to say we would need to cancel while we got some advice and she was amazing. She called ahead to a&e in stellenbosch who told us to come straight over. Saw a very nice dr. Used to work in Hillingdon london coincidentally but now head of a&e here. He examined me and confirmed cervix is firmly closed and said it looks like mainly just discharge and thinks I may have an infection. Heís given me pregnancy safe antibiotics and 400mg cyclogest daily just as a precaution in case coming off the progesterone is related. Itís half the dose I took previously but def relieved to have some to take and I have enough for the next two weeks. He said the antibiotics may also may me very sick so also have anti-nausea medication. I realised after that I took them the wrong way around (thought the anti-nausea back was the antibiotic!) I saw that the anti-nausea one isnít proven to be pregnancy safe but Iím sure he wouldnít have given it to me if he thought it could do any harm. Iím going to try not to take any more regardless of how I feel. He didnít have access to an u/s machine as he said only the gynaes use them but could try to locate on Doppler but we both agreed that might not be helpful as itís too early to get a reliable read and donít need any more cause for worry. I havenít had any pain or cramping so really hoping that the baby is actually ok but there is just sth else going on. If itís an infection then hopefully this will help. Tummy also now feels a bit tight but think I just need a pee but trying to lay down as long as possible for cyclogest as itís 2x200 so even more volume wise than usual!! Sorry for the info.

So Iíve sent OH out as I think Iím actually better off just having a v quiet morning and my friend is coming over here for lunch at 12 so will still get to see her for a little while.

Sorry for the monster message but lots to catch up on and wanted to fill you in too.

Hope you all have a good day. Mrs c let us know how you get on.

Lots of love xxx

Offline mrscoyle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 25/11/18, 10:39 »
    Honeybee - Your friend got electrocuted! Golly gosh! Glad she and baby where ok!
    Yes all was ok thank you, got to see baby wriggling around so that was very reassuring!
    I do have a pretty sore bum tho! lol I think I will be aching and sitting on 1 side for a while!
    Thatís great to hear that the Dr has sorted you out, all sounds good Iím sure it will help.
    Thatís a good plan have a relaxed day, how many weeks are you now? X

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 25/11/18, 14:00 »
    Hi Mrs C, so pleased to hear all went ok at the hospital and you got to see your little bean. Really sorry you had the scare at all of course but that was a nice little treat to see the baby doing so well between now and the 16 week scan youíve booked  :) hope you have a lovely time at the baby shower. That is today right not yesterday? Sorry getting confused about timescales of posts since I was so behind when I read through earlier.

Had a nice catch up with my friend. So lovely to see her. Itís nearly five years since she moved back to Cape Town and Iíve only seen her once since. Nice to see her happily married (to an Irishman!) now  :)

So yes Iíll be 13 weeks on tues. I still just feel in that kind of slightly precarious stage. Have sent hubby off to explore the wineries and Iím back on the bed where I intend to stay for the rest of the afternoon! Donít feel bad just a bit of a sore tummy. I do think it probably is just some kind of infection, just hope it hasnít ventured too far. Keep telling myself that after a point babies are quite resilient and it is all wrapped up in his/her cocoon and without a specific incident, I donít think things change that dramatically as everything was fine on tues/wed. Thatís what I keep telling myself anyway  ^pray^

Hope everyone has a good day. Lots of love x

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 25/11/18, 14:37 »
    So glad all is well Honeybee! We are conditioned to be worriers after what weíve been through, and over the years have read many stories too I think. We all would be feeling the same way, so very glad you saw the doctor and got a prescription just in case. Thanks for the reminder about our babies being resilient and in a safe place. Sounds like a lovely catch up with your friend too!

We have an 18.5 week scan in a week and a half, that will be a couple weeks before Christmas, then we will tell our son Christmas Eve and then family will know at our gatherings following. I know they will be totally shocked. I will share with my colleagues in the New Year - I know most are shocked I suddenly left and havenít been able to come back. Maybe send in some treats and a card to thank them for their kindness.

Thanks for your kind words, I feel so lucky to finally be pregnant and carrying again, and have the support to be on a medical leave from work, so feel my blessings are many. In terms of time passing, youíre right, I feel Iím living in an alternate universe, especially bearing holiday time. I rarely go anywhere. A few times friends have come for a visit, which felt like Disneyworld haha. I wish I had more people to talk to, but Iím just grateful theyíve made the time, as they all work, have kids, their kidsí activities, etc. In terms of eating, itís now been over 10 weeks Iíve been eating only about 4 different things and in small amounts. Iím still on the crossaints and maybe a slice of banana bread or something for the day. Sips of water. I no longer feel horribly ill no matter what I do, but I become horribly ill if I eat any other types of food and donít take the digestion meds throughout the day and overnight. Iím pretty sure like last time this will continue, and Iím like.... what will I do when I tire of crossaints too? Lol. But I recall how I prayed for these days and have found ways to manage things.

So girls thanks for being my buddies while Iím on house arrest, drugged out, and void of personality. Iím such a catch haha so it means a lot!!

Offline Honeybee17

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 26/11/18, 19:20 »
    Hi Ladies,

I hope youíve all had a good day.

MrsC-congratulations on being 14 weeks today. Wow! That must feel pretty incredible. Well done you.

Hopeful Kayte, so pleased to hear you are feeling a bit brighter and looking ahead to sharing your lovely news  :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

So little update from me. More red blood at 0330 this morning. Needless to say that was the end of my sleep for the night. Long story short managed to get an appt at a fertility clinic by 10am in stellenbosch and had a thorough check over. Was honestly petrified and during the night had convinced myself it was game over as I had mild cramps and a sore back (but the latter in retrospect from spending so much time horizontal for the last several hours).

So little bean is doing great, still active and measuring ahead but there was some loose tissue not on but by the side of the outside of my cervix and as soon as he prodded it it started to bleed again. Heís removed what he could and sent it for analysis but says itís not related to the pregnancy. Cervix is def closed, etc. Smears are also up to date so hopefully itís nothing nasty. Thank goodness weíve found the cause now. He was also concerned as there was glucose in my pee and Iím peeing loads constantly. Went theee times in less than 30 mins in their clinic and hes a bit concerned I could be showing symptoms of early gestational diabetes. Havenít read about it as I know it will be sth new to freak me out but midwife already mentioned they would keep an eye out for that as my sister is type 2 diabetic. Hmm, heíll call me later in the week but he says thereís nothing to stop us now from enjoying our holiday. Thank goodness for that. I was honestly thinking I was going to speak two weeks on my back in stellenbosch! I may actually be in danger of sleeping tonight (between pee breaks!)

Night night all xx